Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

15 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Don't worry mate. Eric ten Months has it in hand. They have trawled the world to find the best striker money can buy and put in a bid for the ex  Stoke City legend that is Arnautovic. That should boost their shirt sales 😂

Unbelievable ain’t it . 

I heard that Monday and I was actually embarrassed for them . 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WILF

• Blackmag

• maxhardcore

• THE STIFFMEISTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Well, today was one of the great milestones of my life ! My little lad is 9 and autistic, all be it high functioning so you could not tell by looking, but his condition has meant he has never bee

Posted Images

Just now, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Unbelievable ain’t it . 

I heard that Monday and I was actually embarrassed for them . 

Its a cluster f**k mate...

A full transfer window to sort the obvious out and we have Fred and Mactominay still in the middle of the park and a frustrated Ronaldo ad our own proper centre forward...

City bring in, Haaland and Phillips 

I think they paid the same for Haaland as UTD did for Martinez...

One will score you 30 goals a season, the other will look bemused at Maguire all season...

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Its a cluster f**k mate...

A full transfer window to sort the obvious out and we have Fred and Mactominay still in the middle of the park and a frustrated Ronaldo ad our own proper centre forward...

City bring in, Haaland and Phillips 

I think they paid the same for Haaland as UTD did for Martinez...

One will score you 30 goals a season, the other will look bemused at Maguire all season...

Whose about though mate who could be  handy for you ? That’s the conundrum ? 

lewandowski would have been the signing of the decade I think pal . It’s quite unbelievable as in reality , where do you start ? 

sancho is poor and looks out of confidence massively 

we’ve talked about rashford but , if he’s the answer what’s the question ? 

That defence , at least mctominay Puts himself about and wants a fight . But that’s all he can do in reality . To couple that with Fred , is pretty un inspiring . 

there’s no Pomp , no swagger , no united in them . It’s galling . I described it to my pal as it’s like seeing the sexiest girl in the club in your 20s walking into Poundland with 5 kids and primark leggings . 

it’s the end result of years of decay . Genuinely galling . The biggest overhaul in football and to have the greatest player ever there just adds to the pantomime effect there 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Whose about though mate who could be  handy for you ? That’s the conundrum ? 

lewandowski would have been the signing of the decade I think pal . It’s quite unbelievable as in reality , where do you start ? 

sancho is poor and looks out of confidence massively 

we’ve talked about rashford but , if he’s the answer what’s the question ? 

That defence , at least mctominay Puts himself about and wants a fight . But that’s all he can do in reality . To couple that with Fred , is pretty un inspiring . 

there’s no Pomp , no swagger , no united in them . It’s galling . I described it to my pal as it’s like seeing the sexiest girl in the club in your 20s walking into Poundland with 5 kids and primark leggings . 

it’s the end result of years of decay . Genuinely galling . The biggest overhaul in football and to have the greatest player ever there just adds to the pantomime effect there 

The pound land bird analogy is bang on...lol

There's a few decent youngsters there mate, but unlike the days when they were brought in with good, experienced pros, the youngsters have no one to gain from in the side...there is no character at all... look at Bruno, he was amazing in that first year...he looks bang average now... Mctominay puts himself about as you say, but he's not clever with it, he's not a bullying type, just chucks the odd nasty tackle about, it's a bit cowardly at times imo... Fred is Brazilian, I think he grew up a long way from the footballing beaches... lol

I know the big marquee signings won't come, Lewamdowski would be another short term fix, as great as he's been I think UTD need to spend the next couple of years investing in the future, Ten Hag said they need to look at the future but starting winning now... well you need a shape to rhe side for starters to have a chance, I think hes a decent coach, but its back to basics for this team, that first half on Saturday was shocking (again)... the spaces they leave and then no pressure on the ball, its like every basic has been forgotten.. 

• Like 1
On 07/08/2022 at 11:29, Blackmag said:

It's a dear do around nowadays shirts programme tickets  etc  .gone are the days of lifting kids over turnstiles .

Im no skinflint but first day of the season we're met with £7.60 for a pint.....£8 for a 200 ml bottle of wine.....£4.50 for a 500 ml bottle of water.........its f****n outrageous !

On 03/08/2022 at 18:56, WILF said:

We all missed a f***ing massive opportunity there !

Never mind.

Couldnt agree more....i blame the chaps who turned the other cheek and hid away on their own culture personally 😆

• Haha 2
On 03/08/2022 at 21:22, chartpolski said:

Was given two tickets for a stadium tour of St, James Park, so took the grandson today.

Just a few of the pics I took ;

FullSizeRender.jpg.3999c18e19c3bb047d54d3081b865cc1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.8bed04fff6d2a7f0d05019b91b5c90d5.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.38e169c40e35684e65920bcfcc2b421b.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.7f2ef41371b2b51039a1d4e53eea87fe.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.2ab552931ef62af9bab9d5a3e18ffd50.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.3d82d66978b7b3e15b7704c5851fd63b.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg.0ebf157be80a4bafe80175967f4f48d4.jpg

IMG_0463.JPG.b5de313f0beea1f6a7a65ef03cc60400.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG.fdca451d60a8fdd80bb1d0c23b969ca3.JPG

A great couple of hours 👍

Cheers.

Smashing pictures but i still say that Shearer statue looks like Blackie Gray from Roy of the Rovers.......terrible terrible statue that is 😂

• Like 1
7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

The pound land bird analogy is bang on...lol

There's a few decent youngsters there mate, but unlike the days when they were brought in with good, experienced pros, the youngsters have no one to gain from in the side...there is no character at all... look at Bruno, he was amazing in that first year...he looks bang average now... Mctominay puts himself about as you say, but he's not clever with it, he's not a bullying type, just chucks the odd nasty tackle about, it's a bit cowardly at times imo... Fred is Brazilian, I think he grew up a long way from the footballing beaches... lol

I know the big marquee signings won't come, Lewamdowski would be another short term fix, as great as he's been I think UTD need to spend the next couple of years investing in the future, Ten Hag said they need to look at the future but starting winning now... well you need a shape to rhe side for starters to have a chance, I think hes a decent coach, but its back to basics for this team, that first half on Saturday was shocking (again)... the spaces they leave and then no pressure on the ball, its like every basic has been forgotten.. 

The biggest difference between Utd and the other top teams is that their owners are taking money out of the club whereas the other owners are putting money into their clubs, sometimes illegally. 

The Glazers won't sell until there is nothjng left to wring out of the club.

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Smashing pictures but i still say that Shearer statue looks like Blackie Gray from Roy of the Rovers.......terrible terrible statue that is 😂

I know mate, it's a terrible likeness !

But I'm a "glass half full" type of bloke, so I'm happy the statue is back where it belongs 👍

Let me know if you're up here in February for the game, and I'll have a drink with you in Shearers Bar !

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

The biggest difference between Utd and the other top teams is that their owners are taking money out of the club whereas the other owners are putting money into their clubs, sometimes illegally. 

The Glazers won't sell until there is nothjng left to wring out of the club.

I can’t agree with that . They have spent more than nearly every club , is it the glazers fault that pogba . Fernandez , sancho , McGuire , alexis Sanchez , all turned out to be rotten ? 

they’ve put the money in , once bitten twice shy and all that 

They need to clear every player associated with the Paul Pogba era out of that club !

Meanwhile, Haaland, that lads a machine ! 

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

They need to clear every player associated with the Paul Pogba era out of that club !

It’s a big shout isn’t it . 

the entire team , if you put it man for man against anyone else in the top 6 teams looks absolutely atrocious on paper . Shaw , wan bissaka , Fred , mctominay , Fernandez , rashford just do not belong there . Three or four are recoverable, the rest ….

15 minutes ago, WILF said:

Pogba's gone mate ..let it go!! Lol

10 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s a big shout isn’t it . 

the entire team , if you put it man for man against anyone else in the top 6 teams looks absolutely atrocious on paper . Shaw , wan bissaka , Fred , mctominay , Fernandez , rashford just do not belong there . Three or four are recoverable, the rest ….

Donny van de beek was heralded as the best midfielder in Europe when he was signed....far fetched perhaps, but what the f**k happened to a player who had such potential?

Sancho was tearing the ass out of teams, direct, pacey, tricky...now he's scared to beat 1 man...

Bruno was class, he looks like a championship player now

Bissaka was a very good defender, shit going forwards, he's shit at both now

Maguire....f**k knows!

Fred and Mactominay were never good enough imo to play such key roles for UTD

Its a long process now

• Like 1