Football Thread 20-21 Season ūüėĀ

The older brother of a good pal ive known a long time was highly regarded as a " hard man " type¬†at Millwall,Terry Hurlock still holds legend type status down there,im told every now and again when they take an instant dislike to an opposing player the " Terrys gonna get ya " song still rings¬†out¬†ūüėÜ.....when he's not pissed as a fart and can hold a proper conversation ive asked him many times over the years who was the hardest player he ever¬†played against and the same name always comes up...." Jimmy Case wasnt just hard he was a nasty b*****d "......deaf as a post apparently Jimmy Case would literally stand marking a player giving him a Chinese burn or gouge their eyes,literally anything he could get away with and then shrug his shoulders with a " sorry i cant hear anything " expression¬†ūü§£......Souness supposedly wasnt far behind and he infact brought Terry¬†up to Rangers when he was manager....like attracts like i suppose.....as for Vinny Jones.....pfffffff,seen him in a real life situation once and to say he melted would be an understatement !

• Like 1

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WILF

• Blackmag

• maxhardcore

• THE STIFFMEISTER

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, chesney said:

Thought Julian Dicks might of got a mention as a hard case.

I dont know what lads who have played the game at any sort of level think but for me as a mere obsessed fan i think theres a huge difference between a " hard man " player like Keane/Case/Souness and a wreckless " look what a nutcase i am " player like Jones or that fairy Savage.......to me a genuine hard case type will do you off the ball,in the tunnel,anywhere necessary to get you away from your game whereas these Hollywood kick someone up in the air tackles are just that,for the cameras and the rep of being a nutcase i cant imagine it impresses other players anymore than it impresses fans.

Julian Dicks id book somewhere in between a hard case and a nutcase personally.....but he was certainly fun to watch¬†ūüėā

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Leeds fans have always been more obsessed with Man U failure than  the  success of their own club. These attacks  are akin to a noble Scottish deerhound having its heels snapped   at by a chihuahua. 

However I do have a soft spot for Leeds as a feeder club. McQueen, Jordan, Smith, Greenhoff, Rio and the magnificent Eric the Red. 

I haven't been a Leeds fan since around 6:05 pm on 22nd July 1974. The time I found out about Clough's appointment. I have to admit trying to stifle a chortle when Dennis Law backheeled his old employers into the second division though.

Looks like your new feeder club is Ajax. Didn't you have a Dutch manager a few years ago? Louis van Gaal. That went well.¬†ūüėā

1 hour ago, Nicepix said:

I haven't been a Leeds fan since around 6:05 pm on 22nd July 1974. The time I found out about Clough's appointment. I have to admit trying to stifle a chortle when Dennis Law backheeled his old employers into the second division though.

Looks like your new feeder club is Ajax. Didn't you have a Dutch manager a few years ago? Louis van Gaal. That went well.¬†ūüėā

Must admit that the thought has crossed my mind that the Dutch lads  may be top lads in their own division but not necessarily in the premiership. Daley Blind and Memphis Depay  struggled at utd. We will see.

Clough was a hero. The best England manager we never had. Let's face it when he told the Leeds players they can chuck all their  medals in the bin because they were a cynical shower of cheating b*****ds, he was only saying what the rest of us thought.

PS. We would have gone down without Law's goal. His goal was just the icing on the cake for City and Man U haters. 

Edited by jukel123
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Must admit that the thought has crossed my mind that the Dutch lads  may be top lads in their own division but not necessarily in the premiership. Daley Blind and Memphis Dapay  struggled at utd. We will see.

Clough was a hero. The best England manager we never had. Let's face it when he told the Leeds players they can chuck all their  medals in the bin because they were a cynical shower of cheating b*****ds, he was only saying what the rest of us thought.

Didn't stop him turning the pitch into a quagmire by flooding it overnight in order to negate the threat of Eusabio. He did Taylor out of his wages  and took cash from Derby's turnstiles. He was no saint. 

Personally I cannot see how Ten Haag will get any more out of what is 90% the same squad as last year. And the squad wasn't picked to be pressers. It took Klopp 4 years to overhaul the Liverpool squad. I wouldn't be surprised to see the dummies coming out again if Brighton repeat their heroics of last season.

Edited by Nicepix
2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The older brother of a good pal ive known a long time was highly regarded as a " hard man " type¬†at Millwall,Terry Hurlock still holds legend type status down there,im told every now and again when they take an instant dislike to an opposing player the " Terrys gonna get ya " song still rings¬†out¬†ūüėÜ.....when he's not pissed as a fart and can hold a proper conversation ive asked him many times over the years who was the hardest player he ever¬†played against and the same name always comes up...." Jimmy Case wasnt just hard he was a nasty b*****d "......deaf as a post apparently Jimmy Case would literally stand marking a player giving him a Chinese burn or gouge their eyes,literally anything he could get away with and then shrug his shoulders with a " sorry i cant hear anything " expression¬†ūü§£......Souness supposedly wasnt far behind and he infact brought Terry¬†up to Rangers when he was manager....like attracts like i suppose.....as for Vinny Jones.....pfffffff,seen him in a real life situation once and to say he melted would be an understatement !

Have it on good authority, vinnie is nothing but a bully ,picks on drunks in a pub ,but when it comes to doesn't want to know !

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Didn't stop him turning the Forest pitch into a quagmire by flooding it overnight in order to negate the threat of Eusabio. He was no saint. 

Personally I cannot see how Ten Haag will get any more out of what is 90% the same squad as last year. And the squad wasn't picked to be pressers. It took Klopp 4 years to overhaul the Liverpool squad. I wouldn't be surprised to see the dummies coming out again if Brighton repeat their heroics of last season.

There's lots of questions. Is he any better than Moyes? Has he got 4 years? AF was very nearly sacked at the start of his reign. Is Ronaldo going to stay? Would it better if he left( I think yes). Can the Dutch lads cut it in the premiership? Can  he get the best out of Rashford and Martial? Will he drop the captain and use more mobile defenders?Can Martinez really  cope with big centre halfs?  Can he sign at least  one  proper midfielder before the deadline?

Will the fans take to the manager? Will he have a proper say in who is signed or will he be a puppet manager? We shall see. If he is backed for the long haul, we  might be back in the big time in several years time. But we need to start running the club professionally. The last several years have been a f****n farce.

• Like 2

Imo it won't change until the Glazers sell the club. And by then the club will probably have been bled dry and bankrupt. But don't worry. You will still have your (fading) memories of the good times.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Imo it won't change until the Glazers sell the club. And by then the club will probably have been bled dry and bankrupt. But don't worry. You will still have your (fading) memories of the good times.

Memory is something of a 'don't go there' subject with me. Who are you? Where the f**k am I?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Memory is something of a 'don't go there' subject with me. Who are you? Where the f**k am I?

That is worrying. Your prevailing memories of your long and illustrious past could amount to Harry Maguire and the McFred midfield partnership.

12 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

That is worrying. Your prevailing memories of your long and illustrious past could amount to Harry Maguire and the McFred midfield partnership.

Sorry, senior moment. What the f**k are you on about?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Did julian dicks go on to play golf.?

Julian had bad knee trouble as I understand it.

Dont know if he did anything with it but I heard he was very good at golf, he was doing a bit of coaching last I seen anything about him.

• Like 1