Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Blackmag said:

Anyone watch the Jack Charlton story 

Yes. Very sad especially when they showed the film clip about the World Cup and him saying that they would remember that day for the rest of their lives.

• Like 1

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment.

As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some things are just out of my control !!

Unbeaten in nearly 2000 miles and having not missed a ball been kicked at home or abroad while beating the likes of Spurs,Man City,Man Utd and now Liverpool ( although im still absolutely convinced Brighton will do the double over us ) watching probably the best West Ham side of my lifetime......i am totally at peace with the world and life couldnt be better....anybody i have wronged " Im sorry "........anybody who has wronged me " Dont worry i forgive you "

Everywhere we gooooooo :boogy::boogy::boogy:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
28 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment.

As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some things are just out of my control !!

Unbeaten in nearly 2000 miles and having not missed a ball been kicked at home or abroad while beating the likes of Spurs,Man City,Man Utd and now Liverpool ( although im still absolutely convinced Brighton will do the double over us ) watching probably the best West Ham side of my lifetime......i am totally at peace with the world and life couldnt be better....anybody i have wronged " Im sorry "........anybody who has wronged me " Dont worry i forgive you "

Everywhere we gooooooo :boogy::boogy::boogy:

It's certaintly a good time to be a hammers fan playing decent football as well I enjoyed yesterday game.I did read moyse now has the highest percentage win rate as manager in West ham history not sure if it's true 

48 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

It's certaintly a good time to be a hammers fan playing decent football as well I enjoyed yesterday game.I did read moyse now has the highest percentage win rate as manager in West ham history not sure if it's true 

Always said he was a good un, what did I say ! 😂 

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

i`m not a leicester fan but we were helping out on the family fruit n veg stalls in loughborough n leics the season  leics won the league there was a feel good factor about the place gives the whole community a lift 

• Like 3

Regards Klopp's little tantrum i always had him down as a good football man and probably an allround decent person but he came across like a big kid whingeing about decisions.... we deserved that win yesterday and i havent been able to say that about a game against Liverpool in years !.....i always see a few Scouse lads whenever we play them either down here or up there and being how we usually lose,the milky bars are normally on me but was treated to a lovely meal last night by good lads and fans of a great club who were embarrassed by Klopps reaction with a " take it on the chin like proper chaps should " attitude ( like Pep had when we bashed them up ).....i think its safe to say this is the most enjoyable start to a season in my 40 odd years following the club Moyse has done fantastic,the players are solid,together and playing for each other......we'll probably end up in a relegation battle but if we could nick a trophy somewhere along the line with this squad of down to earth lads,no big time charlies,it would be a lovely fitting end to Mark Nobles career and no more than the lad deserves ( even if he should of packed up 5 years ago ).....Come on you Irons !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

always look out for west ham results , when we were young men one of my mates nige was a west ham fan his 2nd team . his family had moved out of london for work reasons when he was about 12 , he was a cheeky chirpy little fooker great fun to be around, he dissappered with some inheritance money to become a pig farmer in the deepest depths of sunny lincolnshire never to be seen again , any we`d be about 18 or /19 late 70`s . both forest fans , friday night were sat in the pub no game for forest sat so nige comes up with the idea lets go n watch west ham derby so sat we head off to derby on the train , its uncomfortable picking up derby fans on the way i`ve got my borrowed west ham beret well n truly tucked into the inside pocket of my crombie ,  we get into the ground in one peace the hammers win 2-0 , on the way back to the train a small group of derby fans suss us out we ended up with a bit of a kicking , headed back to nottingham for  a few beers around town ended up with a group of forest fans scrapping with some west ham lads who`d made their way to nottingham for a night

out ,, happy days , 

Edited by sid g

Most clubs/grounds bring back memories over the years some good some bad i remember a bad one from the City Ground a week before Xmas 83 i took a bit of a pasting and ended up in Nottingham General for 5 days......i think it was the old Bridgford End they used to stick away fans under the scoreboard and you'd get snooker balls and all sorts lobbed at the scoreboard that would ping off and land on some poor c**t 😆.....we lost 3 or 4 nil or something and id had a right belly full and got into it with a bunch of Forest fans outside the ground they had a tidy little following back then and would usually have it with us i always remember a couple of pals coming to see me a few days later and apologising for leaving me saying when they saw my head bouncing off the floor they shit themself and ran off...nice pals eh !.....im sure we had our own back over time and it was all par for the course back then if you gave it you had to take it sometimes so no complaints.....and for the most part going to the footie with your mates was all a good laugh.

Edited by gnasher16

The most quietly satisfying thing about this little run of results is that it’s been done right, in other words, Not bought but earned……it’s got a bit of soul about it and that’s exactly how it should be.

I think all the lads that go week in, week out can ware that fact with a little bit of pride……it don’t really matter what happens then because whatever it is, it’s been proper.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, WILF said:

The most quietly satisfying thing about this little run of results is that it’s been done right, in other words, Not bought but earned……it’s got a bit of soul about it and that’s exactly how it should be.

I think all the lads that go week in, week out can ware that fact with a little bit of pride……it don’t really matter what happens then because whatever it is, it’s been proper.

I think its good for football that there's still clubs out there that can hold there own against the so called big boys, who knows with a bit of luck, and a bit of belief now , what they can achieve.

• Like 4