maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Was we the only ones to play " rush goalie " or was it universal ?

We played rush goalies mate

• Like 1

13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What games did you play then ? 

Bone head  ? 
3 and in ? 

wembley ? 

Stiff whats Bonehead ?....not heard of that one.

When we were kids it was allways the kid nobody wanted on their team that got put in goal !

Its amazing we produced so many top class 'keepers over the years ! LOL !

Cheers.

We was quite blessed for pitches we either commandeered a bowling green at the local park till we got chased off at sneaked on to wigans old ground Springfield park which was one of the best pitches in the country😂 played on concrete plenty aswell. Headers and vollies, knockout all the usual stuff

14 hours ago, WILF said:

Great post brother.

My favourite games were night games at Rush Green and my least favourite were playing teams of coons on a Saturday in East London.....I am being totally honest when I say you just never knew what you were walking in to......brutal ! 

So true that....on a Saturday we would go to watch a few pals play over Hackney Marshes or Wanstead Flats there was always guaranteed to be police called to a game somewhere or someone going back to the car for a baseball bat...ridiculous really.....but boys football seemed to be much better organised on Sundays i would go and watch my nephew play he,s only 8 years younger than me,from the age of around 11 to 16 he was the big local prospect and had a number of  London clubs after him....the top boys club round here was Senrab who produced loads of top pros and they were the main team to beat but my nephew played for a club called Leyton Wingate who were a top non league club of the day.....the boys team they had when he played for them had an unbelievably talented bunch nearly every player was top notch and they cleaned up....of that side there was 5 real talented kids Jon Goodman went on to play for Wimbledon in the crazy gang team,Jason Lee played for Forest ( pineapple on his head ) and Bobby Bowry played for Millwall......the other 2 who were even better players both had sad endings to their careers Glen Fielder got stabbed in the back and spent the rest of life in a wheelchair and my nephew got in some trouble and did a long jail sentence very young....but the amount of talent this area produced at every level of the game was fantastic Beckham of course played in the same league as these lads but 3 or 4 years behind them and then followed Dafoe,Ledley King,Ashley Cole,Bowyer and on and on if im not wrong back in the 80,s Hackney Marshes was the biggest mass of football pitches in Europe....i suppose something good had to come of it 😆

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sid g said:

the fella on the left that presented the trophies is duncan mackenzie Image may contain: 10 people, people smilingDuncan McKenzie Nottingham Forest 1973 | Nottingham forest, Football  shirts, Retro football

Great stuff that....round here Frank Lampard snr did most of the trophy presentations.... and John H Stracey did the boxing presentations im sure they saw it as a permanent career move 😆....the looks on the kids faces being handed trophies from their heroes was great....aint sport fantastic !

14 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’m sorry but I’m afraid Paulo only belongs in one strip ....

that fantastic hooped kit is iconic due to the way he played as part of the 3 amigos . 

that strip , those White boots ...amazing 

0FDA2029-2591-4483-A95D-870610C674D0.jpeg

Nonsense ask the lad himself.... theres only one club he calls home mate his claret and blue tattoos should tell you that 😉

14 hours ago, Blackmag said:

We used anything a ping pong ball normally or a crushed can 😂 

The only thing bigger than a tennis ball we was allowed was a rolled up newspaper coated with sellotape ( what the f**k was that all about ! )

Towards the end of the game you was literally chasing half a sheet of newspaper round the playground 😂

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Blackmag said:

We had 2 two bus shelters opposite each other before school we would play each other loads of kids round the estate use to turn up to play as folk were going to work seeing butty bags fly through the air if you missed and watching folk ducking whilst calling you a c**t or chasing you  😂

What is a butty bag ? 😕

I love listening to all this sort of shit....the way different areas all did things...fascinates me !

32 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

So true that....on a Saturday we would go to watch a few pals play over Hackney Marshes or Wanstead Flats there was always guaranteed to be police called to a game somewhere or someone going back to the car for a baseball bat...ridiculous really.....but boys football seemed to be much better organised on Sundays i would go and watch my nephew play he,s only 8 years younger than me,from the age of around 11 to 16 he was the big local prospect and had a number of  London clubs after him....the top boys club round here was Senrab who produced loads of top pros and they were the main team to beat but my nephew played for a club called Leyton Wingate who were a top non league club of the day.....the boys team they had when he played for them had an unbelievably talented bunch nearly every player was top notch and they cleaned up....of that side there was 5 real talented kids Jon Goodman went on to play for Wimbledon in the crazy gang team,Jason Lee played for Forest ( pineapple on his head ) and Bobby Bowry played for Millwall......the other 2 who were even better players both had sad endings to their careers Glen Fielder got stabbed in the back and spent the rest of life in a wheelchair and my nephew got in some trouble and did a long jail sentence very young....but the amount of talent this area produced at every level of the game was fantastic Beckham of course played in the same league as these lads but 3 or 4 years behind them and then followed Dafoe,Ledley King,Ashley Cole,Bowyer and on and on if im not wrong back in the 80,s Hackney Marshes was the biggest mass of football pitches in Europe....i suppose something good had to come of it 😆

Senrab were a well known producer of players mate as you know.

Our little Sunday league had a team called Ockendon Motor Spares and they were all ex pro, semi pro and promising prospects.......great team to play against.

Talk about small world, I overheard this thick east London accent at a kids tournament over here, one of the refs and an old boy.

So anyway, I went over and said hello and it turns out he used to ref all the leagues I played in on a Saturday, was good pals with loads of lads I knew.

There was a black lad called Ronnie Forester who was well known about the football scene in those areas at the time, a good lad actually, real good attitude to football (but a Chelsea fan !) and last year my phone rings and it’s this old ref and he says “I have someone here want to say hello” and f**k me if it wasn’t Ronnie.....hadn’t spoken to him in over 20 years and had a bit of craic for a while there.

19 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What is a butty bag ? 😕

I love listening to all this sort of shit....the way different areas all did things...fascinates me !

I think its great how we all used our different surroundings to play/adapt the same game

1 hour ago, Astanley said:

Very confusing this test thing ,I had to take my Mrs for a test yesterday ,I don't know how you book them ,but my daughter was online for a couple of hours til she got a slot ,about a mile away ,massive car park thing ,at the airport ,we were the only ones there ,we got those people in masks and yellow jackets on guided us in around the site and then out again without stopping ! Had to 're enter ,wind my window down ( which absolutely horrified them ) and explain what happened ,got tested eventually but through all this rigmarole we were the only car on that site ,that  took two hours to book ,not moaning but very confused .

Seems the whole thing nationwide is very un organised on many levels.

This is my nephew i was on about at about 11 he won some fancy contract to sign with West Ham Youths and was being presented with the contract and a signed ball on the pitch before an evening game against Southampton,must of been about 82.....it wasnt long after Kevin Keegan signed for them and he was told Keegan would be presenting the award........but on the night apparently he couldnt be f****d so they grabbed some old actress bird out instead 🤣 we was told her name was Toni Palmer but i kicked off saying what use was that to my nephew we'd never heard of her.....turned out she was in a few episodes of Only Fools and Horses amongst other things,she was the bird that screamed " rape " that sent poor Rodney into hiding....i still take the piss out of him about it today...thought he was getting Kevin Keegan and ends up with some ol Doris 😆

IMG_4301.jpg

• Thanks 1