Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

My understanding of what he was saying was that Utd bought Pogba because he is a world class footballer.....but suddenly he isnt and world class footballers didnt get to where they are by having the wrong attitude to football.....makes sense to me like.

Like I said earlier; he still is a world class player for France. They can get the best out of him, so why not Utd? 

• Like 1

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Nicepix said:

Like I said earlier; he still is a world class player for France. They can get the best out of him, so why not Utd? 

Just because he is world class in the Italian game or the French, don’t mean he is world class in the premier league…..he may not have what it takes mentally and physically and from I have looked at, he hasn’t…..he’s very ordinary when it comes to the premier league football and that’s me being generous.

Just my uneducated opinion of course.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WILF said:

Just because he is world class in the Italian game or the French, don’t mean he is world class in the premier league…..he may not have what it takes mentally and physically and from I have looked at, he hasn’t…..he’s very ordinary when it comes to the premier league football and that’s me being generous.

Higuain,  Shevchenko, Falcao, Crespo were all going  to set the Premier league on fire,All quality players, but none of them could cut it.

• Like 2
On 26/10/2021 at 18:23, WILF said:

Pogba has shown what he can do in the PL and on the world stage. But, he is a complex character and will only give his best if he does not feel that he is being valued. Leaving him on the bench for one of the hardest games of the season then bringing him on at 0:4 down isn't the way to manage him. 

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Pogba has shown what he can do in the PL and on the world stage. But, he is a complex character and will only give his best if he does not feel that he is being valued. Leaving him on the bench for one of the hardest games of the season then bringing him on at 0:4 down isn't the way to manage him. 

So in other words he's more of a spoilt brat than a professional sportsman or a grown man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

So in other words he's more of a spoilt brat than a professional sportsman or a grown man.

A lot of geniuses are in any walk of life. Gazza was another one.  It is up to the manager to get the best out of them. 

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, WILF said:

f***ing hell !…….stroll on !

Pep who ? Lol 

16 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Hammers fans gonna be happy this morning..😁

Wonder if Moyes wants to come back?? 😇😂

QPR you have more than once broken this followers heart but that last jobby was a step to far and the only bit of grace that comes from it is that dickhead ain't here to rub my nose in it :icon_redface:,a total shower of shite of a team..80

5 hours ago, Nicepix said:

That was pretty much what the chap i was nattering to was saying.....whether we like it or not footballers are emotionally delicate these days and a good coach/manager has to take that on board.....Pogba is a world class player,he just is.....so as a massive investment you somehow have to get the best from him whatever it takes.....i dont like that but its modern football i guess.

• Like 2

Well another emotional night what a time to be a West Ham fan we've just knocked the 2 Mancs out of the cup back to back.....4th in the league,unbeaten in Europe with no goals conceded..........the quadruple is still on :whistling:

Cosily sat in my seat at 7.45 a pal sent me this picture of his view 😆.....queues of people still trying to get into a 60k packed out stadium at kick off time....." my little ammers " !!

IMG_3865.jpg

• Like 4
On 26/10/2021 at 17:16, WILF said:

As I said mate, we have been for a wander down this lane before and we think totally different.

We don’t know where you start because we are never going to start…..so “Oh well” as I said first off mate 👍

There’s not much more to say is there.

Probably not no it just riles me a bit when you make these " nobody cares so why should i " type statements.....it kind of puts me in mind of the lad on a saturday aftenoon who go's and hides behind the wall while his mates get stuck in,and who then spends the rest of the week telling them how they didnt put up much of a fight !

That and the fact that i cant for the life of me find that other topic where we discussed it so never saw your response.

Edited by gnasher16
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Probably not no it just riles me a bit when you make these " nobody cares so why should i " type statements.....it kind of puts me in mind of the lad on a saturday aftenoon who go's and hides behind the wall while his mates get stuck in,and who then spends the rest of the week telling how they didnt put up much of a fight !

That and the fact that i cant for the life of me find that other topic where we discussed it so never saw your response.

The point is, my “mates” ain’t getting stuck in and they never have…..after a while you get sick of being the only prat with bruises.

So it’s all then a bit “well f**k ya then”…….

You and a dozen of your pals may care…….but as a whole the nation couldn’t give a f**k if it lived or died, too busy clapping a “f**k you” from spades every week and thinking it’s clever to brutalise old white people.

I have nothing in common with that shit and I have no interest in seeing it survive.

Old ground for me and you, no point going over it again.