Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sid g said:

uniteds problem is they`ve got a  side not a team . ,

Mate there's players who sit on the bench every game that were brought as marquee signings, never get a game.

the top 3 sides in the country, Chelsea, City and Liverpool are pretty seamless when the change it, Liverpool did on Sunday as did Chelsea on Staurday, regards Man City you never know what formation, side will play...it don't matter they can all play football and they play for each other, Pep is unbelievable in coaching that mind set.... 

• Like 3
On 25/10/2021 at 14:25, NEWKID said:

Mate there's players who sit on the bench every game that were brought as marquee signings, never get a game.

I was in the company yesterday of a chap thats played at the top level i think we've spoken about him before mate and he made the exact point you have brought up there.....he was saying that for a guy who played the game Ole just doesnt seem to have much of an idea about the psychological aspect of a top players mind he used Pogba as the example.....about how starting on the bench for the biggest game of the season while a 20k per week player like Mctominay starts ahead of you....and how coming on as a sub is just the wrong frame of mind for a marquee signing......naturally i came out with the obvious " surely if he's not doing it he's not in the team " and he referred to Ferguson and how he would just know the mind of a player and the timing/spark he would need to kick start his season in such a game,he gave me several examples that i forget now but i completely got what he was saying and maybe its the difference between a manager like Fergie who for all his tactical nous just had a great understanding of men.....i think theres something in it anyway.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 4
On 22/10/2021 at 14:23, WILF said:

Thank you squire, nice post 👍

No mate, I hadn’t rethought it at all beyond what I said about taking a bit of an “oh well…..” attitude to it.

I can’t help seeing it like I see it mate.

Its a hard one to get into ( as previous experience on the subject tells us) because I don’t have the writing skills to not come across rude when all I’m doing is stating how I feel about something.

I suppose the best and least offensive way to put it is that when I considered it there are so many “Oh wells….” that I feel about my country now that another one didn’t make much difference……I just feel a bit resigned to it all if that makes sense.

Pretty horrible, empty, powerless way to feel as it happens.

Ill always believe we missed and are missing an absolute open goal on this…..but that said, a 100 people not turning up to a football match is like trying to harpoon a whale with a drawing pin.

Thats the story of blokes who feel like we do about Britains life really mate isn’t it……destined to forever be regarded as the nutter by your own.

I just wanted to watch a bit of football and just try and ignore what I’m witnessing beforehand.

I dont agree with you mate....we could have had an almighty crowd of football lads from London To Newcastle " making a stand " it wouldnt of made a blind bit of difference.....if you think footie lads are going to get in the way of social manipulation on a worldwide scale via piddly little Sky Tv i think you're being naive mate.

The reality is the people/organisations you oppose on the subject,wanted you to do what you was doing.....maybe you living out there in the bush you're not getting the everyday conversations/pub chat folk are having,thats the excuse im giving you anyway 😉😆

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

I dont agree with you mate....we could have had an almighty crowd of football lads from London To Newcastle " making a stand " it wouldnt of made a blind bit of difference.....if you think footie lads are going to get in the way of social manipulation on a worldwide scale via piddly little Sky Tv i think you're being naive mate.

The reality is the people/organisations you oppose on the subject,wanted you to do what you was doing.....maybe you living out there in the bush you're not getting the everyday conversations/pub chat folk are having,thats the excuse im giving you anyway 😉😆

No, I know you don’t agree with me mate, which is rather where we started and that’s fine.

Different views of a thing, that’s all.

As far as big organisations go, they don’t care what either of us think in my opinion mate because nothing is effecting them.

Ill always believe that if it did effect them, then they would care.

But, it’s all theoretical mate……we will never, ever know 👍

55 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I was in the company yesterday of a chap thats played at the top level i think we've spoken about him before mate and he made the exact point you have brought up there.....he was saying that for a guy who played the game Ole just doesnt seem to have much of an idea about the psychological aspect of a top players mind he used Pogba as the example.....about how starting on the bench for the biggest game of the season while a 20k per week player like Mctominay starts ahead of you....and how coming on as a sub is just the wrong frame of mind for a marquee signing......naturally i came out with the obvious " surely if he's not doing it he's not in the team " and he referred to Ferguson and how he would just know the mind of a player and the timing/spark he would need to kick start his season in such a game,he gave me several examples that i forget now but i completely got what he was saying and maybe its the difference between a manager like Fergie who for all his tactical nous just had a great understanding of men.....i think theres something in it anyway.

There is an article about just that subject on BBC Sport pages. Someone who is making a name for himself as a substitute coach. I laughed until I read what he said and it rang true. Those subs buried under their puffa jackets and hoodies are sulking. They aren't in the right frame of mind to come on and change the game. 

Pogba is smart enough to avoid getting sent off and smart enough to get sent off to make a point. He is the type of player your mate was talking about. Get him onside and he'll win you the game. But as Mou' found out, pi$$ him off and he'll throw the teddy out of the pram.

Pogba and Bruno behind Ronny should frighten the pants off any defence, especially with two fast wingers to draw the defenders wide. They just need to learn how to buy decent centre backs.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

No, I know you don’t agree with me mate, which is rather where we started and that’s fine.

Different views of a thing, that’s all.

As far as big organisations go, they don’t care what either of us think in my opinion mate because nothing is effecting them.

Ill always believe that if it did effect them, then they would care.

But, it’s all theoretical mate……we will never, ever know 👍

Like Sky Tv is going to " effect " them and change the course of history 😆........you'd be better off stopping your lad from buying a pair of Nike trotters or an Adidas t shirt mate.....plenty of players dropping to their knee are carrying those organisations and they turnover far more money than Sky Tv.......where do you stop with it,or indeed start 😉

Edited by gnasher16
47 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

There is an article about just that subject on BBC Sport pages. Someone who is making a name for himself as a substitute coach. I laughed until I read what he said and it rang true. Those subs buried under their puffa jackets and hoodies are sulking. They aren't in the right frame of mind to come on and change the game. 

Pogba is smart enough to avoid getting sent off and smart enough to get sent off to make a point. He is the type of player your mate was talking about. Get him onside and he'll win you the game. But as Mou' found out, pi$$ him off and he'll throw the teddy out of the pram.

Pogba and Bruno behind Ronny should frighten the pants off any defence, especially with two fast wingers to draw the defenders wide. They just need to learn how to buy decent centre backs.

My understanding of what he was saying was that Utd bought Pogba because he is a world class footballer.....but suddenly he isnt and world class footballers didnt get to where they are by having the wrong attitude to football.....makes sense to me like.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I can't get why after chasing van de beek for so long they played him for 6 mins all season same as sancho yet both are game changers and even when they go behind they still can't get on  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Like Sky Tv is going to " effect " them and the course of history 😆........you'd be better off stopping your lad from buying a pair of Nike trotters or an Adidas t shirt mate.....plenty of players dropping to their knee are carrying those organisations and they turnover far more money than Sky Tv.......where do you stop with it,or indeed start 😉

As I said mate, we have been for a wander down this lane before and we think totally different.

We don’t know where you start because we are never going to start…..so “Oh well” as I said first off mate 👍

There’s not much more to say is there.

1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

My understanding of what he was saying was that Utd bought Pogba because he is a world class footballer.....but suddenly he isnt and world class footballers didnt get to where they are by having the wrong attitude to football.....makes sense to me like.

Your pal was a top player and one I admire very much if it’s the same bloke you have spoken about before.

Proper people should be listened to, they know and that’s good enough.

However, have you watched Pogba ?…….what do your eyes tell you about him ?