Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

How much success in the modern game, in England, is down to the manager/head coach or the players that he has to work with? I have had some recent interesting conversations in regard to this with people who know their football far better than I do. One person reckons only a 10%.

I may be getting soft but would like to see Bruce, a local lad, given a chance until the end of the season. But it is not my head on the block. Similar to managers not taking the risk on youth players already on the books getting a run of games at the risk of losing those games. Easier to play the staid, average, "proven" 1st team lads that someone else bought.

If Bruce stays on, we're relegated.

His style of play is dire....play for a draw, if you get lucky and score a goal on the break, put ten men behind the ball and hope for the best.

Doesnt matter if he's a local lad, it didn't worry him when he managed Sunderland, so it shouldn't worry us.

It will be hard enough to get the top players here anyway, and it will be impossible if we're in the Championship.

Just my opinions, who knows what's going on behind the scenes ?

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Posted Images

15 hours ago, eastcoast said:

How much success in the modern game, in England, is down to the manager/head coach or the players that he has to work with? I have had some recent interesting conversations in regard to this with people who know their football far better than I do. One person reckons only a 10%.

I think it depends on the manager and the players, there is deciding factors imho

You could have the best manager in the world but if the players are mediocre or not on board then there’s only so much he can do……most genuine football lads are realistic and I have no doubt a bloke like Steve Bruce is a realist as well.

What have you got ?…..1 player in St Maximum ? 
You ain’t bottom of the league for no reason, Bruce is no doubt making what he thinks are the best decisions given the squad he has.

Would someone else make better or different decisions that would have a different effect ?…..possibly……but fans sometimes have to realise “you are what you are”

At the minute would a fan take 14th and be chuffed to f**k or do they think it should be better than that ?…..at the minute, NUFC isn’t better than that.

Thats football reality.

I may be getting soft but would like to see Bruce, a local lad, given a chance until the end of the season. But it is not my head on the block. Similar to managers not taking the risk on youth players already on the books getting a run of games at the risk of losing those games. Easier to play the staid, average, "proven" 1st team lads that someone else bought.

I agree with that, ultimately in the modern game the buck will stop with him but if you don’t give the bloke the resources or have a decent development programme in place for him to choose from then his hands are tied.

Unfortunately mate, your modern fickle football fan after his “entertainment experience” ain’t like that……every f****r in the world dreams of some Russian or Arab coming knocking and frankly it’s shite.

Edited by WILF
16 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Just my opinions, who knows what's going on behind the scenes ?

Cheers.

I reckon he’ll be gone in weeks, if not days. Think he’ll get his 1000th game in today, but work on a his successor will be well underway. There’ll be a few decent coaches eyeing the job up now, and I’d expect the club will want to get a new coach and staff in place in time to identify targets for the next window. No way that Bruce will get to spend a single ‘riyal’ imho. Shame, but that’s the modern game.

I declined the offer of watching Newcastle's game in the posh seats with the prawn sandwich brigade today, cannot be bothered being polite to dickheads on my day off anymore.

Shopping done, house cleaned, terrier tired out enough for a few hours peace, Bolognese on the go and bottle of 19 Crimes uncorked. Just hoping for a decent performance and 3 points, but I'd take a mediocre performance and a lucky 3 points.

But if the miss firing Harry Kane doesn't score in each half I'll eat my Bolognese.

Everton v West Ham not a bad game by the looks of it.

Just watched that Manchester Utd game on MOTD, f***ing hell like !!…….that McGuire is terrible ! 

Central defender at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he is like something we used to sign !…….the geezer is always one kick away from a calamity and some of the body shapes and positioning he assumes is absolute non league, Sunday football stuff.

The lack of grit and fight in their mid field was embarrassing

I know I always slag him but Pogba’s body language is just disgusting, I’m sorry lads but I’m sick of people defending this absolute sack of shit…..he is 93 million quids worth of mid field centre piece at Manchester United……he isn’t f***ing good enough, fact.

Liverpool put together 819 passes yesterday in their game and never even got out of first gear……United players should be ashamed of themselves, no wonder Ronaldo looked pissed off the other week.

He must think “what the f**k are these people meant to be?” Lol 😂 

• Like 1

Totally bizarre turn of events at St. James' turned surreal on tv with David Ginola giving tips on CPR. Not making a joke of it. Life is so unpredictable. 

Edited by eastcoast
30 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Watched the game I didn't realise how bad Newcastle are look all over the place especially at the back cant see Bruce being there for the next game looked liked he knew it at the end 

Played like schoolboys moving up a year. Terrible performances all round. 

4 hours ago, WILF said:

Just watched that Manchester Utd game on MOTD, f***ing hell like !!…….that McGuire is terrible ! 

Central defender at one of the biggest clubs in the world and he is like something we used to sign !…….the geezer is always one kick away from a calamity and some of the body shapes and positioning he assumes is absolute non league, Sunday football stuff.

The lack of grit and fight in their mid field was embarrassing

I know I always slag him but Pogba’s body language is just disgusting, I’m sorry lads but I’m sick of people defending this absolute sack of shit…..he is 93 million quids worth of mid field centre piece at Manchester United……he isn’t f***ing good enough, fact.

Liverpool put together 819 passes yesterday in their game and never even got out of first gear……United players should be ashamed of themselves, no wonder Ronaldo looked pissed off the other week.

He must think “what the f**k are these people meant to be?” Lol 😂 

quite ironic that pogba was interviwed and said that something has to change......yeh he needs to feck off!........probabably an indirect way of chucking ole gunnar under the bus

• Like 1

Ole is doing just fine he just needs more time they already sacked a football genius in David Moyes they dont need to do  the same  with Ole he doing just fine.

Edited by chesney
2 hours ago, chesney said:

Ole is doing just fine he just needs more time they already sacked a football genius in David Moyes they dont need to do  the same  with Ole he doing just fine.

The trick that is being missed, Fergies genius was that he knew the identity he wanted and what characters were required to bring it.

Catona was not the greatest footballer but he had presence……..he lifted every player around him and intimidated opposition.

Ferigies teams always had those type of players.

Pogba would have been making tea if Fergie was still the boss 

Edited by WILF
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

The trick that is being missed, Fergies genius was that he knew the identity he wanted and what characters were required to bring it.

Catona was the greatest footballer but he had presence……..he lifted every player around him and intimidated opposition.

That's it they had catona  giggs scholes Beckham Ronaldo and strikers who knew we're the net was but further back they were always solid likes of Bruce pallister stam Ferdinand and probably the best ever keeper in schmichel he built many teams but ole doesn't seem to know how to get a team playing as a team collectively

Edited by Blackmag
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

That's it they had catona  giggs scholes Beckham Ronaldo and strikers who knew we're the net was but further back they were always solid likes of Bruce pallister stam Ferdinand and probably the best ever keeper in schmichel he built many teams but ole doesn't seem to know how to get a team playing as a team collectively

Fergie would cut away poison quickly, that needs to happen badly at Utd imho.

7 hours ago, WILF said:

Fergie would cut away poison quickly, that needs to happen badly at Utd imho.

Does ole have that same ruthless streak in him pogba is most likely the biggest disruption in the changing room I bet Bruno isn't far behind  maybe there is to many egos 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, WILF said:

Catona was not the greatest footballer but he had presence……..he lifted every player around him and intimidated opposition.

making tea he probably be wearing the tea and dodging boots aimed at his nut terrible attitude on a player at one of the biggest clubs in the world 

• Like 1