Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

1 minute ago, sid g said:

leics won the prem that season by 10 clear points some feat really 

A magnificent achievement. But they did it without a massive injection of cash. How much did James Vardy cost? How much did the team spirit cost? And then they sacked their manager. 

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

So the food/drink shop is done,  The bar and barbie is ready.. The mates/family are going mad on WhatsApp groups in anticipation.. Few more hours and work is done...bank holiday weekend

Posted Images

On 20/09/2021 at 14:09, sid g said:

in conversation on here last season you implied that you had bet on bookings n corners in the past  so i did`nt get why you`d pull someone else on that type of bet thats all ...  

f**k me i must have been desperate that day i dont remember ever even thinking about such bets!....and you must be desperate this day to have remembered such a random thing....infact creepy as f**k 😳

I dont know why you're getting all pissy it was gentle ribbing the likes of which if you go to football with pals regular you must be used to it betting like that,in a similar way to how folk who follow the gee gee's rib each other on National day for betting on the Housewives race.

Edited by gnasher16
21 hours ago, eastcoast said:

A friend of mine is a life long Man City supporter. A few years ago he said something similar to your last sentence. He no longer gets the same buzz out of his club winning a game. That feeling of elation that lasts throughout the week until the next match. Winning games has become something that he has now come to expect rather than hope for. Poor guy.

Ive always felt sorry for genuine fans of clubs that have bought success it must be a mixture of emotions.....a once respectable club like City now despised for their " what next " mentality....talk about a double edged sword !

16 hours ago, big sid said:

gnash i reckon you will get a top six and euro footie again, if injuries dont get in the way theirs no need to think not, i wonder where brighton will finish

gettyimages-627553908-612x612.jpg

Oi Oi....there we go well in Sid you'll do for me :thumbs:

Personally i dont think we've got a big enough squad of top class players to have any consistency in the top 10.....but its gonna be fun finding out anyway :boogy:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

f**k me i must have been desperate that day i dont remember ever even thinking about such bets!....and you must be desperate this day to have remembered such a random thing....infact creepy as f**k 😳

I dont know why you're getting all pissy it was gentle ribbing the likes of which if you go to football with pals regular you must be used to it betting like that,in a similar way to how folk who follow the gee gee's rib each other on National day for betting on the Housewives race.

creepy and desperate because i remembered something you did`nt == ffs . 😃  ,, 

17 hours ago, sid g said:

leics won the prem that season by 10 clear points some feat really 

I think that Leicester  winning  the premiership  remains one of the greatest, if not THE greatest footballing achievments of all time.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I think that Leicester  winning  the premiership  remains one of the greatest, if not THE greatest footballing achievments of all time.

forest back to back european cup wins ..

• Like 2
On 20/09/2021 at 11:39, gnasher16 said:

What is a " plastic " fan though mate ?.....there was always non regulars at football matches i disagree about " the old school support now turns to lower league ".....in my experience nothings changed,all the committed footie lads i know still do both if theres not a West Ham game i,ll get to a lower league or non league game on a saturday simply because i dont like weekends without a game to watch.....for old school fans not much has changed really....its what makes them " old school fans " in my opinion.

Liverpool in the cup nash a full house guaranteed normally just over ten thousand in the league yet all will claim to be regulars come the liverpool game but  no one sees them home or away yet they get a ticket were regulars nash look at Blackburn when they were challenging and won the title and now we're  they are  support wise because I know a good few lads that followed us every week then suddenly were walking round in rovers shirts there probably city fans now I know that's gone on for ever but I can't be done with that sort round me 

Edited by Blackmag