maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Played half decent standard on a Saturday, but loved my Sundays...the standard weren't bad back then, it is shit now..

For my 25th we stayed in Bath for the night, ended up chucked out of the hotel and kipped in the van, woke up at 8 and made the 2 hour trip.home for kick off at 10-30...absolutely f****d!! Lol

I wish I had a pound for every lad that turned up f****d on a Sunday morning infact some played better bit like pool 😂

Edited by Blackmag

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Played half decent standard on a Saturday, but loved my Sundays...the standard weren't bad back then, it is shit now..

For my 25th we stayed in Bath for the night, ended up chucked out of the hotel and kipped in the van, woke up at 8 and made the 2 hour trip.home for kick off at 10-30...absolutely f****d!! Lol

i hated sundays i played for the gardeners pub in st anns div 7 or summot silly used to get the shit kicked out of us doug our manager kept most of the lads boots n pads in his car because sat night we`d be on the beer till 3 in the morning spend  a bit of time if you`d pulled  then head to the gardeners  porch doorway for a few hrs kip .. 

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I can’t possibly imagine why 

I can only assume I started a row at the presentation because we obviously won......again 😉
Very out of character ! Lol 

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I wish I had a pound for every lad that turned up f****d on a Sunday morning infact some played better bit like pool 😂

had one lad played with us foxy put his first run in down the wing then stop to spew his ring up 😀

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

😭😂😂 I'd of deserved it! You'd of soon been set on by the other 10 though 😂😂 they made us play under 18,s in the cup that year as we were scrapping every game. Happy days wish I was still that fit, I was never skillful all hustle and bustle and get stuck in😁

Age and fitness is a bitch isnt it I found the older I got the more I kicked them up in the air 😂 

6 minutes ago, sid g said:

had one lad played with us foxy put his first run in down the wing then stop to spew his ring up 😀

I remember going in on a lad hard a fantastic player he rolled around and his misses attacked me whilst on floor and had to be pulled away 😂 and that's not mentioning the officials decisions with some fans or parents 

Edited by Blackmag

When I was about 11 , a trio of three brothers cane to our town , they were foster kids who got adopted by the foster family ,God knows where they’d cane from , but they were like wide eyed haunted types  one was about 13 , one 11 my age , the last one was about 5 . 

I remember them as they were all really really talented players . The oldest lad died of drug addiction Sadly , the middle lad wasted away into nothing and the youngest lad thrived , he’s now a very nice  man with a family of his own and a business . 

For some lads , being part of a team was the closest thing they had to a proper family 

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

When I was about 11 , a trio of three brothers cane to our town , they were foster kids who got adopted by the foster family ,God knows where they’d cane from , but they were like wide eyed haunted types  one was about 13 , one 11 my age , the last one was about 5 . 

I remember them as they were all really really talented players . The oldest lad died of drug addiction Sadly , the middle lad wasted away into nothing and the youngest lad thrived , he’s now a very nice  man with a family of his own and a business . 

For some lads , being part of a team was the closest thing they had to a proper family 

Great post mate......you felt part of something greater.

For those few hours on a weekend, you lived and died for the group of blokes around you....it was a matter of pride.

I got an 8 month ban once and played under a false name, got recognised at a game and the lads refused to play if the other team made a thing about it.......they were the away team and it was a bit of a trot home for them so they swallowed it.

Little things like that stick with you 

My boys just started football training last few weeks. Seems to be liking it. Hes only 3 tho so they dont play matches lots of dribbling, passing,  1 v 1 stuff then they get a wee mini game at the end against each other however last few weeks it's only been my boy and 1 other at the end as all the others lose concentration or start crying etc and the parents just take them home.

4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

i  ran teams from under 12s upwards i had lads come that never had boots or pads never had subs or training / signing on fees couple of em mums n dads did`nt give a fook about them weds n saturdays was a time when these lads had mates and fitted in .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

My boys just started football training last few weeks. Seems to be liking it. Hes only 3 tho so they dont play matches lots of dribbling, passing,  1 v 1 stuff then they get a wee mini game at the end against each other however last few weeks it's only been my boy and 1 other at the end as all the others lose concentration or start crying etc and the parents just take them home.

It’s a lovely time when they are young, all they have to do is keep smiling pal, that’s all that matters 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

my grandsons 4 been teaching a few bits few weeks ago i was trying to get him to take a touch instead of just kicking it not sure it was sinking in till i whacked one back to him n he shouted take a touch grandad ..

• Haha 1

Trying to get him into everything just now at this age. Not really expecting him to be totally focused etc more really so he can play with other kids as hes an only child. But any night the weather's good hes wanting to go into the garden to play football so reckon he enjoys this.

• Like 1

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Trying to get him into everything just now at this age. Not really expecting him to be totally focused etc more really so he can play with other kids as hes an only child. But any night the weather's good hes wanting to go into the garden to play football so reckon he enjoys this.

That’s the spirit mate, he will no doubt settle on something.....maybe move to something else, come back to the first thing.....it’s great (if a little expensive and frustrating ! Lol 😂

I was saying my oldest boy the other night after football training “remember when you were 6, you just played without any doubts or worries”

He has suffered a bit of a dip in form and confidence lately and the reason is, too many minds (as my favourite line from a particular film puts it).......Thinking too much when he shouldn’t, not thinking when he should.....he is 13 now and it starts to get a bit more pressured.

But that joy of watching the little tiddlers just play, fantastic.....they are just happy and that’s exactly how it should be mate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sid g said:

Guaranteed on a Sunday morning at least one of us would do that 😄

Cheers, D.