maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

No more likes sid but cracking pics 

all the lads apart from mine lived in same village its the village i lived in till i was 20 and the same village team i played for jnr and snr  some of em i managed from under 12s upto snr level then i fell out with the chairman and gave it bollox ... it was a big club 20 plus teams they were fund raising for a new club house the chairman asked me if i was bothered about the new club house i said no i was interested in football and winning trophys he said i was at the wrong club i agreed and told him to shove it up his arse ,,,😀

Some of the best crack was with the lads from other teams up town over the summer , “who you playing for this year ? “ fancy coming and playing for a good team side? 
see you later on . 

then two months later standing on his ankle as he’s trying to take a quick throw 😂😂

32 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

So have some great memories more from the lads I grew up with on the fields . 

i was  never in danger of being able to make a living , I was fit , determined and Gobby I loved Roy Keane and Steve McMahon type players , we had a lad called Richard prokas at Carlisle and I kind of played like him I suppose . I played centre mid , battling and passing really . Was never a great goal scorer in 11s but I could smack a free kick and I played with some very good attacking players . 

we had a lad up top who had serious interest from top clubs but he went into motocross instead .
Another lad on the wing who was f***ing superb And still plays well into his thirties at a decent level until he popped his knee 

my cousin was the left back and he is well known in the area in the amateur leagues , if he’d been 6 inches taller he’d have been a pro , not even a doubt .

The other lad in mid was my best mate and he was captain . we we’re the chaos that pushed us forward I suppose . 

we all played together from under 12 onwards into Saturday and sundays . Eventually a few drifted away , myself included as the dogs took over and eventually the army. 

I do miss the crack at the games , meeting up and f***ing about before hand . 

we played in a 7s tournament for the district over at a massive place in Newcastle and we basically kicked every team off the park until the final when we lost against a very large school from jarrow I think . My mate smashed their trophy up in the changing rooms and we were never asked back . 

another one we won a 7s out west and got absolutely mortal in the bar afterwards . The paper printed a photo of us getting the medals etc and my mate had a bottle of Newcastle brown ale in his hand in the paper then next Thursday . we were 14 . 😂😂

Over the years we had some great crack , we played a semi pro side from Liverpool the day before the national beat them , ended up in concert square afterwards on aintree ladies day . You can guess the rest . The hotel roomS looked like a crime scene the next morning .

one lad ended up dating a chick we met that night and for years we called her “bucket heed” as  At one point she had two of us hanging out of her with a kfc bargain bucket over her grid  . 

Good crack playing for a small town with the lads you went to school with , worked with and lived beside . something I do regret after I’d left . 
my centre mid partner was one of my grooms men At the wedding , another was another lad I played with. 

There’s something about pulling on a top with your little towns name on it with your friends that’s tribal and hard to describe . Imagine how it must feel to be doing that at the highest level. 

7 aside tourneys are something I really enjoyed; can remember being in deepest Cornwall as u12s maybe u13s and we got through the group stages. In the quarters we are playing a team who had a lad that scored everyone of their goals. I was in goal and he stands to my left on a corner, only a few minutes in. I thought f**k it, as the ball come over I clocked the c**t as hard as I could in the temple. He goes downand I get a red. He wasn't back on and our team went on to win the tournament

16 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Got sent this off my mate a few weeks back, u13s I think, maybe u15s

I'm 2nd from the left at the back...lad in front of me I was his best man laying a block wall for me on saturday, still great mates..lad to my left is also one of my best mates still...

Football.forms some of the best and longest lasting friendships no doubt

IMG-20200827-WA0002.jpg

so true kev been to weddings and christenings to do with most of the lads that played for me ones a pub landlord i never have to pay for my drinks some of the lads will be mates for life 

Edited by sid g
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sid g said:

all the lads apart from mine lived in same village its the village i lived in till i was 20 and the same village team i played for jnr and snr  some of em i managed from under 12s upto snr level then i fell out with the chairman and gave it bollox ... it was a big club 20 plus teams they were fund raising for a new club house the chairman asked me if i was bothered about the new club house i said no i was interested in football and winning trophys he said i was at the wrong club i agreed and told him to shove it up his arse ,,,😀

Shame that sid I bet the kids respected you more than they did the  chairman but fair play for standing by your morals 😉

051634C0-FF31-4E63-972D-D3FCF17FFC17.jpeg.3bf436228de509eb9735f979c47561f0.jpeg
Still in contact with nearly all these lads

7E3BE9CE-1198-447B-971E-4D8BE2437C53.jpeg.f74c55ea87ae2f59dab5b6ffa56b69c4.jpeg

Played a 20 year reunion game the other year, only a couple of missing faces 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

7 aside tourneys are something I really enjoyed; can remember being in deepest Cornwall as u12s maybe u13s and we got through the group stages. In the quarters we are playing a team who had a lad that scored everyone of their goals. I was in goal and he stands to my left on a corner, only a few minutes in. I thought f**k it, as the ball come over I clocked the c**t as hard as I could in the temple. He goes downand I get a red. He wasn't back on and our team went on to win the tournament

7s were good crack for a day away but give me a good Sunday morning game about mid October , pissing down,  hungover On some shithouse estate any day of the week 

1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

7s were good crack for a day away but give me a good Sunday morning game about mid October , pissing down,  hungover On some shithouse estate any day of the week 

It's all over it mate, it's a package ain't it

the fella on the left that presented the trophies is duncan mackenzie Image may contain: 10 people, people smilingDuncan McKenzie Nottingham Forest 1973 | Nottingham forest, Football  shirts, Retro football

• Like 3

I’m out of likes lads but you’d all be getting some, great memories and pictures 👍

13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Played half decent standard on a Saturday, but loved my Sundays...the standard weren't bad back then, it is shit now..

For my 25th we stayed in Bath for the night, ended up chucked out of the hotel and kipped in the van, woke up at 8 and made the 2 hour trip.home for kick off at 10-30...absolutely f****d!! Lol

B0F8D93A-7198-4C18-81FF-FD99AA21EC3E.jpeg.df3e219ce57182ecc9df800af7484bcb.jpeg

This was a pre season tournament and I got us chucked out ! .......f****d if I can remember what for, in fact I didn’t remember getting us chucked out but the lads sent me the picture and reliably informed me I did ! Lol

The keeper there was outstanding, he lives in New Zealand now and was playing decent standard out there.

Second from right is in Australia and still playing, very good player......the lad 3rd from right is genuinely the best amature mid field player I have ever seen, he was awesome and could easily have played at a very good level.

He could do everything, tackle, pass, work rate, dribble.....he was amazing, got a bad knee injury in one of our games and that was it.

He still played the reunion game and was as good as he ever was.

Fantastic bunch and everyone of them still mates to this day.