maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

8 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

My mate sent me these a few weeks ago really brought back the memories, I'm the one with the inside out top and rugby studs😂 I wasn't a stranger to the early bath😭

IMG-20191224-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20191224-WA0001.jpg

10 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

My mate sent me these a few weeks ago really brought back the memories, I'm the one with the inside out top and rugby studs😂 I wasn't a stranger to the early bath😭

IMG-20191224-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20191224-WA0001.jpg

Cracking pics mate

Fair play jd id have been exactly the same age as you in those pics . And i would have taken great pleasure in coming right through the back of you for those challenges 😂😂😂😂👍😉

no offence like pal 👍👍

First picture like something out a van damme movie and twice the size of the other kids lol did you think under 15 was the weight limit? 😂

Edited by Rusty_terrier

6 minutes ago, WILF said:

I lived for player like you on a weekend mate ! Lol 😂 

😂 Our manager was a complete psycho I'll never forget one halftime team talk 1-0 down "if you don't f***ing go out and f***ing beat these f***ing c**ts I'm f***ing going to beat the f**k out of you all and all your f***ing dad's aswell" we all turned round for some support from our old men only to see theyd shit themselves more than we did 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

So have some great memories more from the lads I grew up with on the fields . 

i was  never in danger of being able to make a living , I was fit , determined and Gobby I loved Roy Keane and Steve McMahon type players , we had a lad called Richard prokas at Carlisle and I kind of played like him I suppose . I played centre mid , battling and passing really . Was never a great goal scorer in 11s but I could smack a free kick and I played with some very good attacking players . 

we had a lad up top who had serious interest from top clubs but he went into motocross instead .
Another lad on the wing who was f***ing superb And still plays well into his thirties at a decent level until he popped his knee 

my cousin was the left back and he is well known in the area in the amateur leagues , if he’d been 6 inches taller he’d have been a pro , not even a doubt .

The other lad in mid was my best mate and he was captain . we we’re the chaos that pushed us forward I suppose . 

we all played together from under 12 onwards into Saturday and sundays . Eventually a few drifted away , myself included as the dogs took over and eventually the army. 

I do miss the crack at the games , meeting up and f***ing about before hand . 

we played in a 7s tournament for the district over at a massive place in Newcastle and we basically kicked every team off the park until the final when we lost against a very large school from jarrow I think . My mate smashed their trophy up in the changing rooms and we were never asked back . 

another one we won a 7s out west and got absolutely mortal in the bar afterwards . The paper printed a photo of us getting the medals etc and my mate had a bottle of Newcastle brown ale in his hand in the paper then next Thursday . we were 14 . 😂😂

Over the years we had some great crack , we played a semi pro side from Liverpool the day before the national beat them , ended up in concert square afterwards on aintree ladies day . You can guess the rest . The hotel roomS looked like a crime scene the next morning .

one lad ended up dating a chick we met that night and for years we called her “bucket heed” as  At one point she had two of us hanging out of her with a kfc bargain bucket over her grid  . 

Good crack playing for a small town with the lads you went to school with , worked with and lived beside . something I do regret after I’d left . 
my centre mid partner was one of my grooms men At the wedding , another was another lad I played with. 

There’s something about pulling on a top with your little towns name on it with your friends that’s tribal and hard to describe . Imagine how it must feel to be doing that at the highest level. 

Nice post. And l do like the beaten by Jarrow bit 🙂

Got sent this off my mate a few weeks back, u13s I think, maybe u15s

I'm 2nd from the left at the back...lad in front of me I was his best man laying a block wall for me on saturday, still great mates..lad to my left is also one of my best mates still...

Football.forms some of the best and longest lasting friendships no doubt

IMG-20200827-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eastcoast said:

Nice post. And l do like the beaten by Jarrow bit 🙂

Many years later I went to jarrow to play a game for another team . I got sent off For something that wasn’t my fault , honest .   and a local lad gave me a jarrovians rufc jacket To keep warm . I’ve still got it so I have a soft spot for the place 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dytkos said:

As kids we used to play against an old red brick toilet block (still there but long since closed down) perfect size for goals and it was on a bus turnaround point so that used to call a temporary halt three times an hour. Also people using the toilet frequently had the ball bounced off them 😀

Walley, 3 and in or megin, (two sides playing against one keeper) used play all year round  with various "substitutions" when someone went in for tea, came out or got called home. All local kids from 3 or 4 streets, our parents used to just come to their house doors and shout for their kids to come in. Again, happy days 👍

Cheers, D.

PS. Best thread on here for ages, even better when soft lad stays off it.

Did you used to play streets against each other? Our estate was made of 3 parts; our end had 2 main bits that would play each other and we'd venture up to play the other parts as 1

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I'm 2nd from the left at the back...lad in front of me I was his best man laying a block wall for me on saturday, still great mates..lad to my left is also one of my best mates still...

IMG-20200827-WA0002.jpg

Everyone’s gardens looked the same then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Fair play jd id have been exactly the same age as you in those pics . And i would have taken great pleasure in coming right through the back of you for those challenges 😂😂😂😂👍😉

no offence like pal 👍👍

😭😂😂 I'd of deserved it! You'd of soon been set on by the other 10 though 😂😂 they made us play under 18,s in the cup that year as we were scrapping every game. Happy days wish I was still that fit, I was never skillful all hustle and bustle and get stuck in😁

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

IMG-20200827-WA0002.jpg

Good post newkid your right good friendships were made through a Sunday morning kick about