maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

5 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

A plaque? I'm sure it was nice glass vase but it wasn't paraded around the city on an open top bus and could be wrong.

It come in many guises, including a Cup and a glass vase, but when Newcastle won it was a plaque sort of thing;

IMG_1313.JPG.78061d264ac831960866da91716fdf76.JPG

Cheers.

Just now, chartpolski said:

It come in many guises, including a Cup and a glass vase, but when Newcastle won it was a plaque sort of thing;

IMG_1313.JPG.78061d264ac831960866da91716fdf76.JPG

Cheers.

At the time I think that entry into the "cup"came via final league position. Almost ran clubs that had failed to qualify for Champions League or Europa cup across Europe were given a change to fight it out and winner went into Europa. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

He was shite, but then he had big shoes to follow didn't he

He wasn't as bad as that lad was he called tebi or something utd fans even had a song about him but to me they weren t any better than schmeichel  he was immense don't think they ever really replaced him other than van der sar 

3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

Funny enough one of my greatest football memories was when Freddy Eastwood scored an incredible free kick against Manchester United and won the Shrimpers the game and old Fergie give him his due in the press conference after said the best team won on the day a class gentleman who gave us our moment.

It was funny because this story rose its head in one of the most weirdest of places if anybody has travelled to Africa they will know how obsessed with football they are when you fly into the airport they want British newspapers to get the latest premier league info it’s mad,  I was in an old tumble down fish smoking shed in The Gambia and the lads were trying to get me to buy them a new roof lol they were all wearing Man U shirts old ones and I turned round and said rubbish team they got beat by Southend United last week and before I new it they were all singing Freddy Eastwood da da, da da it was amazing they totally forgot about trying to mug me off about the roof lol...

And as for Southend United they have had some great players over the years Chris Powell Stanley Collymore Shaun feed the goat Goater Ronnie Whelan if my memory serves me right, there not doing very well at the moment but I do believe they had a big say in SAFCs recent demise maybe Max can refresh our memories lol.....

Great stuff mate, wasn’t Freddy Eastwood the traveller lad ?.....scored a hat full of goals.

I have only ever been to Southend once and it was some corporate bollocks so I never really got the proper experience if you get my drift......seemed like as decent old type of ground, I like them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Where we grew up it was either concrete pitches or red ash, why don’t anywhere else use red ash for football pitches, Glasgow only place I ever saw em, was crap to play on but better than concrete 😁

We had that red shit at my school.....lethal ! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JDHUNTING said:

😁😁 My apologies I don't know how I forgot about that,utd only won the FA cup, premier League and champions League that year. 😂

Really though I would of loved see him at utd he would of been a legend wherever he went. top player top character, games missing a few di canios now, for some reason I don't think he would of took a knee👍🏻

Read Paulo’s autobiography.......he definitely would NOT have been taking the knee ! Lol lol 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

He wasn't as bad as that lad was he called tebi or something utd fans even had a song about him but to me they weren t any better than schmeichel  he was immense don't think they ever really replaced him other than van der sar 

Think your right mate, only Van Der sar was close to schmeichel

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Wilfy will be shouting go in hard from behind ya soft cants ' f**k him ' f**k him.

BM will be shouting I'm scared he will steal my shin pads and cod piece ' the c**t got my contracts last time .

While Stiffs shouting it's his fault ' all his fault .

Poor Munter will be peeling the oranges for half time whilst getting the water temp right for the half time  hoop cleaning duties .

Don't worry max I will still keep you on as my boot cleaner and bag carrier 😂trust me max your contract is safe 😉

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WILF said:

Great stuff mate, wasn’t Freddy Eastwood the traveller lad ?.....scored a hat full of goals.

I have only ever been to Southend once and it was some corporate bollocks so I never really got the proper experience if you get my drift......seemed like as decent old type of ground, I like them.

We once went to Southend on the old coaches. Ribblesdale was the company, always used to break down so we'd set off about midnight Friday in case they had to send another down to transfer us. This particular time it didn't break down and we were at Southend at 6 in the morning, freezing cold waiting for the paper shop to open to buy a ball then we could have a kick about on the beach. Late 70s, happy days.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s right Wilf Freddy's family lived at the travellers camp in Basildon he was top class for Southend banging them in every week. 

The ground is Roots hall and back in the day it was the North bank for the home support and you only needed a few hundred  in there and the noise was immense all standing, and then they ruined it and put the home support in the south bank seated killed it in my opinion.

The biggest ruckus I ever witnessed at Roots Hall was an end of season game against Derby County I’ve never forgotten it it was my Birthday and at full time there was a pitch invasion all the Southend and Derby run at each other and admittedly a lot of Southend ran back wards but those who stood there ground a memorable punch up was had I was standing in the home goal fighting and a well known supporter Ginge was holding the North bank gate single handed,  he got a six inch nail in his back for his troubles but not before he’d clumped about ten Derby fans lol, horses came up the tunnel and it all got dispersed but I do believe it made an hooligans documentary lol.

Good old days when you could go out have a beer a football match a punch up and go home happy. 

9 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

That’s right Wilf Freddy's family lived at the travellers camp in Basildon he was top class for Southend banging them in every week. 

The ground is Roots hall and back in the day it was the North bank for the home support and you only needed a few hundred  in there and the noise was immense all standing, and then they ruined it and put the home support in the south bank seated killed it in my opinion.

The biggest ruckus I ever witnessed at Roots Hall was an end of season game against Derby County I’ve never forgotten it it was my Birthday and at full time there was a pitch invasion all the Southend and Derby run at each other and admittedly a lot of Southend ran back wards but those who stood there ground a memorable punch up was had I was standing in the home goal fighting and a well known supporter Ginge was holding the North bank gate single handed,  he got a six inch nail in his back for his troubles but not before he’d clumped about ten Derby fans lol, horses came up the tunnel and it all got dispersed but I do believe it made an hooligans documentary lol.

Good old days when you could go out have a beer a football match a punch up and go home happy. 

True mate, did you see that poor lad who got brain damaged a few years back?

Southend fan, don’t know who they were playing or even if it was the other teams fans but a few set about him and his pal at the boozer and nearly killed him.....poor sods a cabbage now and he has a Mrs and Kids.....terrible turn out mate.

He wasn’t even like your horrible street kid off the plot type, just a normal gentle bloke probably never had a row in his life.

forest lads used to hire buses for away games you`d meet up maid marion way  if you were a newbie and wanted to get on simmos bus he used to thump you in the guts  if you did`nt flinch you were considered hard enough to be on his bus , had a couple of dutch fans come over for  a week they`d do a sat away mid week home sat home before heading back anyway we directed them into the direction of maid marion way and simmo and watched  as simmo  smacked one of the dutch lads in the guts he never flinched but not knowing the crack the lad nutted him and laid him out on the pavement ...

Edited by sid g
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, WILF said:

True mate, did you see that poor lad who got brain damaged a few years back?

Southend fan, don’t know who they were playing or even if it was the other teams fans but a few set about him and his pal at the boozer and nearly killed him.....poor sods a cabbage now and he has a Mrs and Kids.....terrible turn out mate.

He wasn’t even like your horrible street kid off the plot type, just a normal gentle bloke probably never had a row in his life.

Yes Wilf I do know about that he was a Cambridge fan and he was making his way to the station called Prittlewell which is the nearest to Roots Hall and there is a supporters pub right opposite called the Railway and it all escalated from there it’s ridiculous it ended up the way it did. 

5 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Used to play garages..

1 v 1 or sometime 2 v 2with lads waiting to play, 

The council garages were the goals, playing on concrete between them, you could score with headers off the roof (kick it on the roof and time it so you could get there and head it in as it rolled off lol), it was basic but you had to defend, be the keeper, shoot, played it everyday...or 10 up, or Wembley... 20 lads and 1 keeper would take hours to get to the final lol..

Got a mitre delta every year for Christmas Lol...what else would a kid want?? Lol

Remember the noise of the ball hitting the garage doors 😆....the blocks on our estates either had garages or sheds underneath so when you scored a goal you was literally underneath someones front room.....the amount of times you'd hear someone shout out " stop kicking that f****n ball against the garages ".....it was a great opportunity to shout back " im a great striker what do you want " 😆........3 and in.....headers and volleys.....off ground touch.......great games......our main pitch was a big concrete square in the middle of the estate with all the blocks around the edge it was a little bit like playing at Wembley :whistling:....people would be out on their balconies roaring down at us....the square was on 2 levels though with a 6 inch step through the middle you could be clean through on goal and clip the step and go arse over tit and have the whole estate erupt in laughter !

Did anyone else have a rule at school that you couldnt play footie at playtime with a ball any bigger than a tennis ball ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1