Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

So the food/drink shop is done,  The bar and barbie is ready.. The mates/family are going mad on WhatsApp groups in anticipation.. Few more hours and work is done...bank holiday weekend

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, kanny said:

Looks like Andrew Lawrence comedian has come a cropper 

I hate the little Cnut. But that’s a bit ott  if you ask me, surely the guys a comedian he can say it was a joke, bad joke maybe but can you be charged with a bad joke?😬

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

What are you on about you angry little dwarf,  I couldn't give a f**k about the football I count give a f**k who won I was simply stating the fact of how Welsh and Scottish fans would rather support and chant a foreign team to beat England just because of how much they hate England,  them cheering was nothing to do with football , was because they hate England,  must go back to when are ancestors ruled over them and stopped making them wear skirts or grow leeks lol truth is tho wales and Scotland where apart of England and bit of Ireland to they still technically are and they would rather cheer a foreign country because they still got the hump , but In couple weeks will be moaning about the same old shit about foreigners taking jobs etc etc but when it comes to foot ball would rather suck some foreigners dick just to get one up on england 🤣

The days of the English ruling over anyone is over... Get over it ye dumb whinging fcukwit. Lol. 

The only people the English government shite on now is YOU hahaha oh and prods over here. Lolol. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

The refs should go to the v.r playbacks for divers and red card them,that will stop it .and why did the England's players take off the medals,very unsporting of them.

I actually thought that ref the other night was fantastic, the game was much better for the very lack of VAR and the ref just defying the game and reffing it pretty well imho.

As far England are concerned, they came up wanting against a proper team……however, that said, none of us can ignore the fact that England matched them and held them for 120 minutes.

This was by no means a walkover despite the Italians playing absolutely great, clever football.

I think England deserve massive credit for that.

But, nobody remembers second place and I also think it puts just how good the demolition of Holland in 96 into perspective.

We destroyed a team of the greats that day.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I actually thought that ref the other night was fantastic, the game was much better for the very lack of VAR and the ref just defying the game and reffing it pretty well imho.

As far England are concerned, they came up wanting against a proper team……however, that said, none of us can ignore the fact that England matched them and held them for 120 minutes.

This was by no means a walkover despite the Italians playing absolutely great, clever football.

I think England deserve massive credit for that.

But, nobody remembers second place and I also think it puts just how good the demolition of Holland in 96 into perspective.

We destroyed a team of the greats that day.

said it all along i think england set their stall out from the first game not one player jumps out at you but they are a capable squad this is my view on the final england had the better first half and i said it in a post apart from a 10 min spell italy out classed us in the 2nd half we had 10 mins out the 30 of extra time pens were a joke what more can you say , all in all for england it was a great tournament we held italy to a draw over normal and extra time and lost by taking some shit pens - jack grelish went through the whole tournament with a smile on his face pickford picked up the golden glove and load of kids up n down the  country made some new heros , it made the pubs a few quick and gave millions a boost after a shit 18 month or so ,, it aint all bad , 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, WILF said:

You do realise Henderson didn’t only start playing this season dont you ? 
I watched the final……and I’m commenting on the final. 

He only came on towards the end of the second half and you reckon not to watch PL football.

btw; that player you reckoned Saka bottled his tackle with was the same one who went through Rice as though he was made of tissue paper. Rice might become a great player one day. But not yet. He made three or four runs through the middle without a clue as to who he was going to pass to and when.  

I was happy for the best team to win on the night, but you quickly got the sense of the politics within the game for England.

Southgate couldn't handle the pressure and wanted to play it safe with using the racist tactic, ie make England's win be the result of black players in the team over the professional choice irrespective of colour. 

The England tactic was use 'race' in their favour and they lost and rightly so. 

Such a shame to spoil their chances all because of political correctness. Possibly the worst managerial decision ever made in a final. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The better side won...

England looked good for first 20 or 30 minutes, and Italy struggled with kane pulling centre backs out of position with runners behind, the England goal was a great example of a plan in action...straight off the training pitch that one..

But... Italy came out in the 2nd half and pretty much dominated, those 2 young centre midfielders would've learned a lot in that game, very bright futures those 2..

This is a young side and the future looks good, even our experienced players are thd right age for another 4 years or so....

The penalties were what they were, I expected Sterling to stand up and I think that last one had to be taken by an older head...just my opinion..

Chiesa was amazing to watch, the 2 big old centre half's used every trick in the book and I really like that Verati in thd middle of the park, keeps the ball moving, pops up to receive and pass constantly..very good tidy player...

But as said Rice and Phillips played big roles and I though they competed very well..

Great tournament I thought, enjoyed it all and it got us together, family and friends acting like you should when a big tournament is on..

20210711_195601.jpg.e2d0fbc5ea8a0396111c63a47f66fbfc.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Theres presenters on tv nearly crying over a few super rich footballers getting some stick when a few days ago a bloke had half the side of his head hacked off on a train station and it barely made the news, agendas eh

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I was happy for the best team to win on the night, but you quickly got the sense of the politics within the game for England.

Southgate couldn't handle the pressure and wanted to play it safe with using the racist tactic, ie make England's win be the result of black players in the team over the professional choice irrespective of colour. 

The England tactic was use 'race' in their favour and they lost and rightly so. 

Such a shame to spoil their chances all because of political correctness. Possibly the worst managerial decision ever made in a final. 

Could it just possibly be....they were the best penalty takers in training but fluffed on the night??

Rashford takes penalties for UTD if Bruno isn't playing, Sancho is a very talented lad as is Saka...

My issue isn't with skin colour, more the size of the event and pressure on such young shoulders....Saka has 1 season under his belt and is 19... for me Sterling should step up at that stage...but Southgate has said it was his decision and that would be based on practice on the training pitch...

One thing for certain, this kneeling is having the reverse affect and the black lads are copping a load on social media which is fuelled by the countries feelings towards the agenda... you can hide the booing etc but we all know that it's there... these are young lads who are doing what millions of young lads would love to do, play for their country... the political stuff should be left to politicians imo

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chesney said:

Why all the bitternesd from welsh and Scottish towards this england team you are basically english your counties or states (wales and scotland) are ruled by your government in london currency english sterling cardiff city and swamsea both play in the english leagued celtic and rangers would give there right hands to play in the english premier league. You should just get behind your queen and country and support your fellow country men.

We don't want the Welsh mate 🤣🤣