maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

7 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Taking it you still hold the county record?

Nope iv never played it, it’s fcuking girlish as my 5 year old boy would say πŸ˜†

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Errrrm excuse me.........1999 Intertoto Cup Winners thankyou !

A vastly under rated achievement winning the Intertoto, we won it 2006.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Yours ain't with me ya homo lolΒ 

yous special few will be signing up to Wilfys new team

Brokeback FC πŸ˜‚

All ready on it max just waiting for the papersΒ  πŸ˜‚Β 

4 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

A vastly under rated achievement winning the Intertoto, we won it 2006.

A very weird competition, some years there were up to 11 "winners", who went into the UEFA Cup.

I think Newcastle won it when the rules changed and it was the team that went farthest in the UEFA Cup !

And even then, it wasn't a "Cup", but a plaque !

Still, that meant Newcastle "won" two European trophies, the magnificent Inter Toto and the even more prestigious Inter City Fairs Cup ! PMSL πŸ˜‚

Cheers.

• Like 2

two troph'ies thats good charts but no as good as ma wee team who just happened to be the first bitish team to win the big european cup with all the players been scots and all staying within 15miles of celtic park, just like your memories that time is sadly gone and wont be back. katchem is that toryglen in the pic.

8 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

2000, I can remember that now .... Why bartez didn't play to the whistle I'll never know. First thing we were taught as kids, play to the whistle!

Β 

I remember that now didn't he make a few big mistakes for man u but the young kid with his dad celebrating and still clinging on to his balloon πŸ˜‚Β 

7 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

He could of gone to Man Utd for Β£5m + mark Hughes πŸ™ˆ but the dirty c**t from arsenal snapped his leg some day he was better then shearer Β 

I didn't know he had his leg broke he was different class that day we played youΒ 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A very weird competition, some years there were up to 11 "winners", who went into the UEFA Cup.

I think Newcastle won it when the rules changed and it was the team that went farthest in the UEFA Cup !

Still, that meant Newcastle "won" two European trophies, the magnificent Inter Toto and the even more prestigious Inter City Fairs Cup ! PMSL πŸ˜‚

Cheers.

Back in the day the inter city fairs cup was a fkin hard one to winΒ 

2 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Back in the day the inter city fairs cup was a fkin hard one to winΒ 

Precursor to the UEFA Cup πŸ‘

Cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Errrrm excuse me.........1999 Intertoto Cup Winners thankyou !

😁😁 My apologies I don't know how I forgot about that,utd only won the FA cup, premier League and champions League that year. πŸ˜‚

Really though I would of loved see him at utd he would of been a legend wherever he went. top player top character, games missing a few di canios now, for some reason I don't think he would of took a kneeπŸ‘πŸ»

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I thought the intertoto cup was the one you got entry into uefa cup for winning? And you could gain entry by winning the true yardstick of a quality side the FIFA fair play awardπŸ™ˆ

38 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

😁😁 My apologies I don't know how I forgot about that,utd only won the FA cup, premier League and champions League that year. πŸ˜‚

Really though I would of loved see him at utd he would of been a legend wherever he went. top player top character, games missing a few di canios now, for some reason I don't think he would of took a kneeπŸ‘πŸ»

I don't think many of that era wouldΒ 

58 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I remember that now didn't he make a few big mistakes for man u but the young kid with his dad celebrating and still clinging on to his balloon πŸ˜‚Β 

He was shite, but then he had big shoes to follow didn't he

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

A plaque? I'm sure it was nice glass vase but it wasn't paraded around the city on an open top bus andΒ could be wrong.