Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

13 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Absolutely spot on mate,that's what it's all about. I'm not bitter. Im jealous!! 

To be honest, seeing how excited my kids are about it, for their sakes, I hope both teams play well (that's as close as I can come to actual support!) 

The smiley face is there for a reason mate..😉😄

I've Welsh and Scottish mates, and my father's side of the family is Irish, I like the banter mate...lol

Oh and I've a close friend who's Italian, lives in Bormio (around 3 hours north of Milan in the Alps)... him and his family are our family in Italy, thats how they treat you.... so we are having a good bit of banter, plus he's married to an English girl so getting it from her as well!! Lol

Cheers for the "support"...😅

• Like 2

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

So the food/drink shop is done, 

The bar and barbie is ready..

The mates/family are going mad on WhatsApp groups in anticipation..

Few more hours and work is done...bank holiday weekend is here...

As a football fan and an English man I'm loving this little moment...win or lose its lifted a lot of people and brought a lot of us together again...

I agree the kneeling shit is bollocks, im sick to the back teeth of lockdowns, restrictions, mask wearing etc..I realise the Scots and Welsh ate bitter 😁... I know the Italians are a good outfit and tough to beat.... but for 1 day bollocks to it...we'll have food, beer, singing, shit talking, all be the manager for 90 minutes, shout, laugh...and f***ing enjoy it...

I'm not arrogant at all, I'm chuffed for this group of young England players and the manager.. and I'm loving a bit of national pride!!

Come on England!!!

Oh yeah oh yeah 👍

I visited a job just outside St. James' this morning and spotted this. A memorial garden to Sir Bobby at Gallowgate. I thought it must be new but has been there since 2011. Must have walked past it a hundred times without noticing. Not sure if the definition of the sculptures will show up in the pics. Sculpted by Graeme Mitchel. Really cheered me up after a shite site visit. 

034 (2).jpg

037 (2).jpg

038 (2).jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

All this talk of when Scotland beat England after the World Cup !! What about before the World Cup ??? 

It’s coming home 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿2CDE0EA9-60C1-468F-92A6-C2623BCF5094.jpeg

A7925DE2-74EA-44AD-8B0D-3C61A3B4B7EB.jpeg

you werent world champions before the world cup so scotland beat you on your first game after you won it,.........does that make us world champions

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, big sid said:

you werent world champions before the world cup so scotland beat you on your first game after you won it,.........does that make us world champions

If it did you wouldn't have hung onto the title for long. Lichenstine, Cyprus or the Faroe Islands would have had if off you.

20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

So the food/drink shop is done, 

The bar and barbie is ready..

The mates/family are going mad on WhatsApp groups in anticipation..

Few more hours and work is done...bank holiday weekend is here...

As a football fan and an English man I'm loving this little moment...win or lose its lifted a lot of people and brought a lot of us together again...

I agree the kneeling shit is bollocks, im sick to the back teeth of lockdowns, restrictions, mask wearing etc..I realise the Scots and Welsh ate bitter 😁... I know the Italians are a good outfit and tough to beat.... but for 1 day bollocks to it...we'll have food, beer, singing, shit talking, all be the manager for 90 minutes, shout, laugh...and f***ing enjoy it...

I'm not arrogant at all, I'm chuffed for this group of young England players and the manager.. and I'm loving a bit of national pride!!

Come on England!!!

I,m with you on all that mate though I don’t know anything about football, been out and stocked up on food and drink ready for anyone that fancy’s a bit of a social, my boat has become a bit of a social hub in the marina like my house was so should be a good night whatever the outcome good luck all, have a great night 👍👍👍

• Like 7
On 08/07/2021 at 23:53, eastcoast said:

Taking the knee? I honestly didn't know what you were referring to.  Yes, they did it last night and will be doing it on Sunday. Not the players fault. Not the managers fault. You may disagree. I will not let those who are to blame stop me enjoying the competition. And really need to sleep now so will not be able to parry an answer. 

Bang on.....before reacting to your enemy make sure you know who they are !

6 hours ago, Greyman said:

I,m with you on all that mate though I don’t know anything about football, been out and stocked up on food and drink ready for anyone that fancy’s a bit of a social, my boat has become a bit of a social hub in the marina like my house was so should be a good night whatever the outcome good luck all, have a great night 👍👍👍

Thats the spirit good for you boss i dont give a bollock about loads of sports but i still want England and English people to unite and be victorious ........thats normal patriotism,no 🤨

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 7