Jump to content

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • WILF

    1279

  • maxhardcore

    1117

  • Blackmag

    1050

  • gnasher16

    672

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

10 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I think the goal came to early in many ways, we just got too negative in the 2nd half and whilst Italy played very well, by sitting in like we did they had nothing to worry about.

I would've liked to have seen a few changes earlier, and I know there is a clamour for Grealish, but this felt like it could've been his tournament, he didn't do much wrong anytime he had a chance, so why he didn't get a good chunk of the 2nd half I dont know....he will take pressure off you by taking the ball and keeping hold of it..

The other change which I didn't like was Henderson for Rice, it meant nothing changed in fact Rice was at least driving with the ball at times, I'd of liked to have seen Bellingham come on in the middle of the park, he will take the ball and be positive...

Thought Rice and Phillips had good tournament very solid and both can play as well...

Obviously Shaw really stood out, took his club form into the tournament which is great.

I didn't think Mount had a great run, he is always very tidy but never created enough to warrant that no.10 position imo... 

Surprised Foden didn't get more time, I think the change of Mount for either Grealish or Foden should've come a lot sooner

Do you not think though ,that if grealish was actually the great maestro we are led to believe that he’d be starting . 
 

Instead they are seeking this big effect at the hour mark onwards and in reality , against Italy and unbelievably Scotland , he may as well have been sat In the crowd 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Do you not think though ,that if grealish was actually the great maestro we are led to believe that he’d be starting . 
 

Instead they are seeking this big effect at the hour mark onwards and in reality , against Italy and unbelievably Scotland , he may as well have been sat In the crowd 

Only Southgate knows the answer to why he didn't get more game time mate...

Id say he is one of the most confident looking players I've seen in a while, he loves having the ball and generally protects it very well...I mean he's fouled more often than not eh!! Lol

Foden came into the tournament with a fanfare of praise, Grealish the same....but both played bit parts...Sancho scores for fun in Germany off the wing, and in his one start looked good... I think you could trust these players to have the ball and do something with it... I've very few gripes in general mate, but Henderson for Rice changes nothing...those sort of subs are wasted Imo...you can use 5 subs now...a few times we looked like we were struggling yet changes were late or not at all.... its nice to look at a tournament where we done well and truly believe we are still going to improve ...I mean 96 was great, but it kind of felt like a peak for that team...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So with the team we have was it a case of we got to the final despite Southgate or because of him.

My mate said the same last night, he thinks Southgate is very lucky and has a squad you couldn't fail to get results from, he doesn't rate him...

I do though, im with Wilf on this and see a long plan stating when he had the u21s, it would seem like we are getting our coaching right at last to compete with the others.. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I will say is the park by me has never been so busy evenings with kids having a kick about. Used to get a few on the odd dry evening. But since the euros everynight bout 20 of them rain or shine. Brilliant to see! 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Do you not think though ,that if grealish was actually the great maestro we are led to believe that he’d be starting . 
 

Instead they are seeking this big effect at the hour mark onwards and in reality , against Italy and unbelievably Scotland , he may as well have been sat In the crowd 

Stiff is there any English players you think are any good ?....thats at least 3 talented young lads you,ve stuck a boot into does the fact that this side reached the final suggest that the rest of Europe are a pile of shit ? we're just lucky ? or what hows this working for you ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

So with the team we have was it a case of we got to the final despite Southgate or because of him.

When you look at where we was when he took the job and where we are now he probably has to go down as the second best England manager of all time.....does he have better players to choose from yes probably but it was his idea to go with in form youth where young players have always been overlooked for the big names in the past.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

When you look at where we was when he took the job and where we are now he probably has to go down as the second best England manager of all time.....does he have better players to choose from yes probably but it was his idea to go with in form youth where young players have always been overlooked for the big names in the past.

Yes, you have to give him props for that but like has been said he made some very strange decisions, especially in the final.

Grealish was put on waay to late for me, I'd had sooner gone at them earlier than play a defensive game.

Like I said before, we can analyse it to death and no matter how we became unstuck folk would have been slagging him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sid g said:

last night i decided i was off to support the local grass roots side playing a team from norfolk not a bad night so i thought i`ll  have a walk down with the dog  about a mile n half , get down early pint before  ko skipped dinner so i could have pie n chips and a pint at half time -- its only tonight :doh:

Dunt get on about me lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Stiff is there any English players you think are any good ?....thats at least 3 talented young lads you,ve stuck a boot into does the fact that this side reached the final suggest that the rest of Europe are a pile of shit ? we're just lucky ? or what hows this working for you ?

I think Phillips is utter quality. and will get better . 
I think Sterling operates at slightly underneath best in the world class. I think when he’s on form and into a game he’s top top drawer. 
the thing is that you just get sick to death of being told how good rice and mason mount are. I didn’t see anything outstanding other than them doing there jobs . The celebration of mediocrity is a dangerous chalice as it leads to delusion and impositions of self grandeur . 
 

I said earlier grealish , I’m still not sure he is all he’s cracked up to be . He was unleashed primarily at the post hour mark. Everytine he came on , the camera flicks to crowds making fawning “we’re not worthy “ waves or commentators “here we go , what can grealish do now for England ? “ 

Other than shield the ball and draw fouls , in reality that’s not far shy of all he did . He’s  not 18 anymore, he’s rated as one of the premier leagues shining beacons but wasn’t trusted for a full game , didn’t provide any real thrust or drive . Any midfielder worth a few quid can sit between the half way and defensive line passing 10 -15 yards . But to get the plaudits imho you need to deliver more than that to really earn his money . 

 


 


 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I think Phillips is utter quality. and will get better . 
I think Sterling operates at slightly underneath best in the world class. I think when he’s on form and into a game he’s top top drawer. 
the thing is that you just get sick to death of being told how good rice and mason mount are. I didn’t see anything outstanding other than them doing there jobs . The celebration of mediocrity is a dangerous chalice as it leads to delusion and impositions of self grandeur . 
 

I said earlier grealish , I’m still not sure he is all he’s cracked up to be . He was unleashed primarily at the post hour mark. Everytine he came on , the camera flicks to crowds making fawning “we’re not worthy “ waves or commentators “here we go , what can grealish do now for England ? “ 

Other than shield the ball and draw fouls , in reality that’s not far shy of all he did . He’s  not 18 anymore, he’s rated as one of the premier leagues shining beacons but wasn’t trusted for a full game , didn’t provide any real thrust or drive . Any midfielder worth a few quid can sit between the half way and defensive line passing 10 -15 yards . But to get the plaudits imho you need to deliver more than that to really earn his money . 

I think any defender studying Grealish in pre match video analysis will quickly see that he is a limited number 10, from what I have seen he likes to drift left but always want to come back inside on his right foot.

A proper 10 works right across the back line imho, he should be all over the show, coming deep to receive, then playing on the shoulder, then Popping up on the right or left, head up and playing a range of different passes quickly into the box putting defenders in all sorts of trouble and constantly providing ammo for the striker or working the keeper himself.

All this f***ing about is kids football really, imho, dribble, dribble, dribble with very little positive impact.

Kane is better than Grealish as a 10, much better…..he knows the passes other forwards want and how quick they want them.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first time I have seen England keeping posession, passing 20 or more time looking for am opening, or in the case of Denmark, preventing them from breaking out. That has got to be good. And it comes from the manager. These are his tactics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...