Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

@NEWKID Do you think Kane will end up at Utd ? 
I think he has your club written all over him……may have to extend the ground to make room for his chin the Jew mong but I think he is very much a Manchester Utd type of forward.

What do you reckon ?

Mate I wish Cavani was 10 years younger, I know you didn't watch much last year, but you would've liked him alot..

Dunno if we'll pay the money for Kane with such a big transfer in Sancho, who is potentially a very good buy imo...

I can't see any reason other than money why UTD wouldn't go for him though, like you say as professional, player, person he fits the mode perfectly...with Maguire really starting to look the player we thought he was and Bruno looking exceptional at times there is a good squad forming...kane would fit in perfectly.

• Like 1

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WILF

• maxhardcore

• Blackmag

• gnasher16

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

It honestly never worried me mate, I always was if the opinion that if you play in an attacking position then it’s your responsibility to step up…..it is after all your job to score goals.

I wasn’t the best penalty taker either, I just used to leather it right down the middle…..not in the least bit technical but effective ! Lol 

Self belief is the weapon every player should carry.

Ha, pretty much my go to penalty...hit the target and f***ing hard...lol..

I just think there is always a different pressure around a shoot out, times that by a few million and you have what we witnessed the other night...lads that haven't had many lows in their career yet, to draw on... I think Shaw would've nailed one and Walker...but too late now

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Ha, pretty much my go to penalty...hit the target and f***ing hard...lol..

I just think there is always a different pressure around a shoot out, times that by a few million and you have what we witnessed the other night...lads that haven't had many lows in their career yet, to draw on... I think Shaw would've nailed one and Walker...but too late now

That’s football mate, you win or you learn.

I think Southgate is a thinking coach, he will take plenty away from that.

It was a valuable lesson just a shame it had to happen in the biggest game of our lifetime.

I honestly wasn’t going to watch and the wife said “Don’t be an idiot, your boy is excited and how are you not going to share watching that with him?” 
Good job she’s around or I would be a full blown prick 100% of the time instead of only 99% ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Do you West Ham lads think Rice will stay?

Also Leeds lads and Phillips?

I'm sure there will be some interest around those 2...

Having not watched them I can’t really say more than I think European football will be a hold while it lasts.

12 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s football mate, you win or you learn.

I think Southgate is a thinking coach, he will take plenty away from that.

It was a valuable lesson just a shame it had to happen in the biggest game of our lifetime.

I honestly wasn’t going to watch and the wife said “Don’t be an idiot, your boy is excited and how are you not going to share watching that with him?” 
Good job she’s around or I would be a full blown prick 100% of the time instead of only 99% ! 

We all need the woman's input occasionally....very occasionally lol...

Agree on Southgate, but he is also very stubborn, that is good in some ways as the outside white noise doesn't seem to influence him...but that game cried out for big, positive, brave changes...Henderson for Rice is not that...it won't change the flow.... 

You know if he had chucked on Foden, Grealiash, Sancho and Sara and we lost 3-1 we all be calling him a c**t for going gung-ho...lol

• Like 1

It has to be said,if football is now being held up as the platform for diversity and equality what a whole lot of fun next years world cup is going to be 😆.....a country who has used slaves to build their football grounds and where homosexuality can be punishable with 7 years jail........this is gonna be a laugh i cant wait 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
38 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Imo we lost the final cos of Southgate. He played the previous matches pragmatically and it worked but on the biggest of occasions you have to up your game.

He didn't and that was the difference between us and Italy, playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

He stated that he picked the penalty takers and their order but that surely should have been flexible given the state of the situation. No way should a 19 year old kid have that weight on his shoulders at that time.

Several more experienced players on the pitch that could have slotted that last pen, even Pickford's been known to score them. 

Cheers, D.

A chap i have a natter with occasionally who's played at that level said something i thought was interesting.....he said Southgate clearly went with the innocence of youth,players who dont carry all that mental baggage and will walk up to the spot fearlessly,relying on technical ability alone......as he said,if it had come off Southgate would of looked an absolute genius,but it didnt and so its his fault......thats the fine line in sport sometimes.

• Like 7

absolutely gnasher, i can imagine young men been very bullish and confident in training but it was to much to ask on the day in a very intense situation. still all bodes well for this england team and as with all young things if theyre coached and nurtured properly they can reach a level way above anything good english teams have reached in the last fifty years.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, big sid said:

absolutely gnasher, i can imagine young men been very bullish and confident in training but it was to much to ask on the day in a very intense situation. still all bodes well for this england team and as with all young things if theyre coached and nurtured properly they can reach a level way above anything good english teams have reached in the last fifty years.

i personally thing sid, that with Southgate in charge  , we not going to win any silver ware , ok he might get us to good level, but like been said, he carnt get it right for the last hurdle  .And regards taking penalties , it about time that the player were taught the ( best) way to take them, and that is hard and fast in either corner, the speed and power of the ball will always beat the goalie, even if they touched the ball, it would still find the net, alan shearer   who great on penos , always said this as well, southgate , should have drummed  this in to there thick heads, but with him charge nothing will change, suppose just try and enjoy the football they play best as we can . 

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Do you West Ham lads think Rice will stay?

Also Leeds lads and Phillips?

I'm sure there will be some interest around those 2...

Under normal circumstances I think they would both be getting some good offers. But football is broke. The big Spanish clubs are offloading like a fire sale and many other big clubs are looking to cut their wage bills. Maybe once they have matured they might attract interest, but at the moment its a buyer's market.

27 minutes ago, bird said:

i personally thing sid, that with Southgate in charge  , we not going to win any silver ware , ok he might get us to good level, but like been said, he carnt get it right for the last hurdle  .And regards taking penalties , it about time that the player were taught the ( best) way to take them, and that is hard and fast in either corner, the speed and power of the ball will always beat the goalie, even if they touched the ball, it would still find the net, alan shearer   who great on penos , always said this as well, southgate , should have drummed  this in to there thick heads, but with him charge nothing will change, suppose just try and enjoy the football they play best as we can . 

I think what Southgate is up against is that folks don’t understand modern coaching.

Modern coaching is ALL about progression and development…..I get an idea that he really buys into that.

As hard as it is for folks to understand winning is almost secondary to “the plan”, in fact it’s totally secondary.

You ordinary common or garden supporter turn up to a game, be that a kids game or an international, and just wants to see a win…….they have no concept or interest of what the bigger picture may be, 12 months time, 2 years or whatever…..they want it then, that day and that’s what it’s all about.

But for lots of modern coaches that’s not what it’s all about, they are thinking ahead all the time.

I can’t see Southgate viewing this as a disaster, I think he will see it for what it is…..a progression to a point further that ever before to be learned from and then built on again…..I don’t think his plans goal has to be winning a major title, I think his plans goal is to built a team and an ethic capable of competing and being in finals of major titles……a subtle but very relevant difference imho 

• Like 1

I'm not sure sterling has the mental fortitude to have taken that pen but how Southgate didn't look at Grealish and see a bloke who absolutely thrives on being the centre of attention and won't suffer from nerves is beyond me, he is the epitome of what you want in that situation. 

• Like 2

If those young penalty  takers won the game,Southgate would of been classed  a genius. Its a game,every one can moan,and say he should of sub,so n so,but he  or our boys got into the final so all of em deserve a bit of respect.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

If those young penalty  takers won the game,Southgate would of been classed  a genius. Its a game,every one can moan,and say he should of sub,so n so,but he  or our boys got into the final so all of em deserve a bit of respect.

Just football opinions mate, my mate come up and done a couple of hours work last night, he watched the final here as well...and our yap last night was no different to on here...thats football lads, always know the answers!! Lol

I'd say 90% of English football fans have nothing but respect for a young developing side and a manager who conducts himself perfectly.... I also agree with Wilf regards development...but in the next 4 to 6 years this side will be judged on winning, and if you keep getting to semis, finals etc you will have to live with that expectation 

• Like 2