Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

1 hour ago, delswal said:

Debt settled Ray, will get you next season 👍

The fact you didnt fancy double or quits tells me you're not quite as confident of that statement as you make out 😆

Nice one mate :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Posted Images

8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The fact you didnt fancy double or quits tells me you're not quite as confident of that statement as you make out 😆

Nice one mate :thumbs:

Excuse me geezer not confident lol, in fairness I had already informed that other cockney git who resides in Wales that I had lost the bet and the cash was on it's way to him before the mention of double or quits lol. Next season the bet will be the same every time we get to meet that shower of yours..............or if I am ever due down your way it might have to be increased to a slap up and a beer on the result.............be warned I can scoff lol

Well at least the charity is a few quid better off eh 👍

• Like 4

I think that everyone at Leeds should be proud of how they have performed this season back in the Premier League. They have tried to compete rather than just survive. A highly commendable attitude, playing some decent stuff and Marcelo Bielsa is fascinating to watch. Did Newcastle a massive favour the other night even though Fulham probably deserve to stay up rather than Newcastle but as a NUFC fan (not a supporter) I hope they don't stay up at our expense.

A massive game for us tonight. Will we be set up to try and win or avoid defeat? Will we start with a striker and play him as such or put him on the right and have a mediocre left winger in the middle? Will Carroll be left siting on the bench for most of the game? He may have his limitations but I think most opposing teams would rather he was on the bench  than on the pitch in a relegation battle. It may have been Lascelles who got the headed goal to rescue a point late in extra time last time out but only because of Carroll's presence in the box.

I will stop now before going on a rant. But Shelvey should not start. Unless Bruce has explained to him that he is playing football not basketball, you are allowed to move with the ball.

• Like 1

Competitive game today at the SOL

Lincoln came and had a go although they got lucky first half re the penalty shout for Safc with Wyke getting held back .

Still 3rd and looking good so no real qualms with the draw.

Looking like it could be out of NCL and Fulham for the last relegation spot and they play one another last game of the season .

Phil Parkinson still available lads if you bin Bruce 👍

3 nil up against the Gooners and we f****d it :cry:

Shows where we've come as a club when im gutted at a 3-3 draw with the Arsenal.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

They benefitted from two lucky goals and some top class defending. This isn't the Arsenal of old. Thankfully for you, it isn't the Hammers of old either 👍

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Shame I can’t bring myself to watch any of it mate, that would be an interesting game to study.

First off how you go 3-1 up out of possession and then how you let a 3-1 lead slip away......that’s one for all people with an interest in coaching to study.

4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

They benefitted from two lucky goals and some top class defending. This isn't the Arsenal of old. Thankfully for you, it isn't the Hammers of old either 👍

Could say that about a number of clubs though mate we've turned Spurs over drew with City im just grateful to be up there competing with the best sides in the land it certainly beats a relegation battle 😉

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Shame I can’t bring myself to watch any of it mate, that would be an interesting game to study.

First off how you go 3-1 up out of possession and then how you let a 3-1 lead slip away......that’s one for all people with an interest in coaching to study.

As you know i dont pretend to know the tactical side of the game but i can read stats as well as anyone and we had as many attempts on goal yesterday as Arsenal did,obviously we didnt have as much possession but very few teams do against them.....a stat that caught my eye came up on the screen 10 minutes into the game -

Completed passes in opposing teams half.....West Ham 34.....Arsenal 0

Shows we made a very positive start to the game....we dont have the individual talent to compete with the big boys but from what im watching Moyse has got them attacking and defending as a unit we seem to take it to teams early on,ending games clinging onto a lead which is not exactly the West Ham way granted....but its what has got us competing at a higher level than we have for a long time which after all said and done is what Moyse is there for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1