Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

11 hours ago, baker boy said:

Found it

The English Football League Trophy, currently known as the Papa John's Trophy for sponsorship reasons, is an annual English association football knockout competition open to the 48 clubs in EFL League One and EFL League Two, the Third and Fourth tiers of the English football league system and, since the 2016–17 season, 16 under-21 sides from Premier League and EFL Championship clubs

Must admit ive been a footie fan over 40 years and never knew this competition existed until 5 minutes ago 😮

I just Googled it apparently some of the kids academy teams go in it as well....i almost feel sorry for shitty little clubs like Wycombe Wanderers and Rotherham who are too good to qualify for it 😆

• Haha 1

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Must admit ive been a footie fan over 40 years and never knew this competition existed until 5 minutes ago 😮

I just Googled it apparently some of the kids academy teams go in it as well....i almost feel sorry for shitty little clubs like Wycombe Wanderers and Rotherham who are too good to qualify for it 😆

A place in Europe is the real prize .......the winners get a week in Benidorm .

• Haha 2
On 14/03/2021 at 10:13, maxhardcore said:

See that Trophy 

Championis 

Championis

are we are we are we

😂

Now for promotion 💪

Settle down Max lad, as much as I was happy to hear that Sunderland won it's hardly a footballing achievement is it for such a so called massive club, if the club was so massive and so good they would not have been in that cup, further more if the real massive clubs, Man Utd Man City Liverpool Chelsea but to name a few how do you think you would have faired? Enjoy your success as did the other massive club did previously Salford City I believe it was, yup the mighty Salford City won it before your massive club did, not much to cheer about really is there? Automatic promotion is what you need up there Max and if you get it I hope you get a sore throat cheering the boys on. ATB.......  Del.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, delswal said:

Settle down Max lad, as much as I was happy to hear that Sunderland won it's hardly a footballing achievement is it for such a so called massive club, if the club was so massive and so good they would not have been in that cup, further more if the real massive clubs, Man Utd Man City Liverpool Chelsea but to name a few how do you think you would have faired? Enjoy your success as did the other massive club did previously Salford City I believe it was, yup the mighty Salford City won it before your massive club did, not much to cheer about really is there? Automatic promotion is what you need up there Max and if you get it I hope you get a sore throat cheering the boys on. ATB.......  Del.

Fook me come on I just know how easy it is to get a bite from the Wolves on here lol

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

There will be lots of things you don’t know at the end of the day .

The sooner you acknowledge that fact the less stressed and happier you may be 👍

4 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

There will be lots of things you don’t know at the end of the day .

The sooner you acknowledge that fact the less stressed and happier you may be 👍

Theres plenty of things i dont know at the beginning of the day never mind the end.

Difference is i dont make a complete c**t of myself pretending i do.

Now f**k off thats the only attention your getting from me.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Haha 2
31 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Theres plenty of things i dont know at the beginning of the day never mind the end.

Difference is i dont make a complete c**t of myself pretending i do.

Now f**k off thats the only attention your getting from me.

Don’t involve yourself in any of my posts talking shite and then I won’t have to reply to them.

Of course you heard of the comp before 5 mins previous as you stated as we were also best by Pompey in the same comp Final 2 seasons ago as you also knew .

Over £220k raised for local charities with the virtual ticket sales .

Tranmere raised over 40k which will go to local charities in Birkenhead .

Great effort all round .

• Like 1

For all you real football lads, I watched the Francesco Totti biopic documentary, narrated by the man himself.

Its in Italian with subtitles and it is simply brilliant ! 

A Roma fan from childhood, grew up in a poor area, just a normal lad from off the plot.
Followed them as a fan home and away.

It the takes you through and every step is amazing, my personal favourite being him scoring the goal that won them the league after something like 20 years in front of Curva Sud where he used to stand with his pals and his pals still stood there......lads who know the score will know that’s Every footballing fantasy rolled into one right there......the hairs in my neck and arms stood up.

Well worth a look boys 👍

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Whats that on Wilf ?.....always nice to see a good luck story.

It was on sky somewhere mate, get the Mrs to type it in the search thingy for you.....that’s what I do ! 🤣

Safc Sat in 3rd 

5 points behind leaders Hull City with 2 games in hand on them.

Points in the bag are better ‘ yes but we have Lincoln - Peterborough and Hull to play before the seasons end .

Another good win and another clean sheet on Weds night gone.

2 more goals one coming from a very good looping header from Stewart on his debut.

The wheels can fall off at any time but we the form team in the league grafting as a team and playing with confidence .

Those above and around us will def be taking notice .

Sunderland Till We Die