maxhardcore

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁

Some football lads started chatting and.......poooff.......just like that, he was gone ! Lol 😂 

• Like 1

This Thursday evening Shamrock Rovers play............

wait for it.........

AC Milan !.......in Dublin........and nobody can go and watch !! 
Gutted !.........me and the boy would have been down there like a shot 

Personally I think max is a bit off in his thoughts and whys that ? 

the bottom two pro leagues are an absolute dogfight for survival which when a club has the slightest bit of a cash injection they can buy better quality players . 

there aren’t many older mercurial types in the league as by the age of mid twenties the wheat has been shifted through and the chaff is left . 

big powerful men play in the leagues as set pieces etc are crucial to success , as is keeping clean sheets . What is taken away is that genuine spark of quality  and Pace . Pace is second only to talent and rapid player can earn his crust easier than a glacial static forward. Look at vardy , he looks lethal against the premier league . Imagine what he was like watching in action for Fleetwood . and if he’d had the pace of well , me , he’d still be there. 

this football you yearn for max , is what all fans want , exciting attacking based . The truth is the players at your level can’t play like that , and those that can , are too good to play for you . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Personally I think max is a bit off in his thoughts and whys that ? 

the bottom two pro leagues are an absolute dogfight for survival which when a club has the slightest bit of a cash injection they can buy better quality players . 

there aren’t many older mercurial types in the league as by the age of mid twenties the wheat has been shifted through and the chaff is left . 

big powerful men play in the leagues as set pieces etc are crucial to success , as is keeping clean sheets . What is taken away is that genuine spark of quality  and Pace . Pace is second only to talent and rapid player can earn his crust easier than a glacial static forward. Look at vardy , he looks lethal against the premier league . Imagine what he was like watching in action for Fleetwood . and if he’d had the pace of well , me , he’d still be there. 

this football you yearn for max , is what all fans want , exciting attacking based . The truth is the players at your level can’t play like that , and those that can , are too good to play for you . 

Spot on stiff if you look at the managers that have had success regular of getting out of them leagues your big sams Warnock becks  even as far back as Harry Bassett they all had big teams not pretty to watch but all  achieved promotion 

• Like 1

The League Cup, or whatever it is called now has just kicked off . The fortunes of the club that wins that could be changed forever. 

11 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Spot on stiff if you look at the managers that have had success regular of getting out of them leagues your big sams Warnock becks  even as far back as Harry Bassett they all had big teams not pretty to watch but all  achieved promotion 

I found as you come down the rankings it’s all knock downs and follow ups.

3 pass triangles and corners.

What it isn’t is Barcelona style possession play, it’s fast and it’s basic......to be fair there isn’t much difference in style between good standard Saturday amature and 3rd, 2nd division stuff......just the ability of the players is better. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

The League Cup, or whatever it is called now has just kicked off . The fortunes of the club that wins that could be changed forever. 

my lot are out first round concentrate on the league now :whistling:

• Like 1

I remember beck here we had a plastic pitch which got heavy sanding in the corners because we aimed balls from the back to two big lads up front if we didn't get knock downs we would win a free kick or corner one player now a manager who funny enough got promoted from the 3 rd division last season   ainsworth was a big part he went on to play for Wimbledon and just fitted in to there style which was how we played  they called him wild thing and he took that similar style to get that promotion again a big team not pretty but there in the championship 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

my lot are out first round concentrate on the league now :whistling:

We beat derby away a good result for us hopefully a home tie next 😉 who's your team sid 

Edited by Blackmag

1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

We beat derby away a good result for us hopefully a home tie next 😉 who's your team sid 

forest

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sid g said:

forest

You have some decent players sid and finished handy placed last season how do you think you will fair this time round 

7 minutes ago, sid g said:

forest

My one and only chance of a gloat being a QPR fan is now sid so sorry :icon_redface: but :boogy: looser....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fireman said:

My one and only chance of a gloat being a QPR fan is now sid so sorry :icon_redface: but :boogy: looser....

:feck:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

You have some decent players sid and finished handy placed last season how do you think you will fair this time round 

were missing an out n out striker we might make the play offs cant finish games be a load of draws

• Like 1

I believe one of are best players is on his way to you stiff dj Johnson a good honest player he  will do you well a proper work horse with a decent eye for goal a good move for the lad he deserves such a move for the shifts in puts in