Jump to content

Football Thread 20-21 Season 😁


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • WILF

    1740

  • Blackmag

    1316

  • maxhardcore

    1117

  • THE STIFFMEISTER

    840

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Here’s a genuine question , 

do you think that when messi and Ronaldo retire ? Will football be of less interest to you ? 
 

for me that’s a genuine yes . 
 

ive only lived through the era of one or two genuine world class players 

Romario, ronaldo , Beckham , Henry , Zidane , Ronaldinho , Raul , figo , klose , Messi ronaldo . 

Absolute 10 out of ten players . 

When i look At the players around , I see 8s. 

I think upon the finishing of these two , the game will always be a bit darker 


 

 

Someone always emerges mate, personally I’m keeping an eye on that young jock kid at Chelsea.....that boy could go to the very, very top.

This is going to sound ludicrous but based on the couple of games I have watched him play he could end up one of the best mid field players these islands have ever produced ! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

There aren’t many more complete players than Beckham mate . 
 

his persona off field pushed his stardom but his career was over seen by it . 
 

Its absolutely forgotten how good a player he was 

Absolute quality, plus he worked harder than most, I think his personality/stardom stopped genuine footie lads liking him as a player...

He was amazing at UTD and equally as good at Real Madrid, that pass then the Zidane volley goal was what happens when 2 of the best players in the world end up playing together.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Absolute quality, plus he worked harder than most, I think his personality/stardom stopped genuine footie lads liking him as a player...

He was amazing at UTD and equally as good at Real Madrid, that pass then the Zidane volley goal was what happens when 2 of the best players in the world end up playing together.

Agreed, plus we tend to forget that you don’t get to do what David Beckham could do by accident.....that’s countless hours putting in the work on the training pitch.

As a player he didn’t let celebrity go to his head, if anything he got fitter and fitter and better and better.

How many of us when he stepped up to take that free kick against Greece or whoever it was in the dying minutes of a must win game just knew he was going to score.......nobody can do that other than David Beckham

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, WILF said:

Agreed, plus we tend to forget that you don’t get to do what David Beckham could do by accident.....that’s countless hours putting in the work on the training pitch.

As a player he didn’t let celebrity go to his head, if anything he got fitter and fitter and better and better.

How many of us when he stepped up to take that free kick against Greece or whoever it was in the dying minutes of a must win game just knew he was going to score.......nobody can do that other than David Beckham

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, WILF said:

 

This kids a class act, enjoy 👍

The boy came through the academy up here at Rangers,maybe if the club werent going through their bad time they would have held onto him a bit longer and maybe it would have been detrimental to his career with more playing time,i know he broke through at Chelsea at the back end of the season but iam sure hes been out with a injury for a while "maybe back fit now" ....getting back into that first 11 going to be a tall task for the boy with the talent they have and the pressure that league has to get results.....but your right hes a fantastic talent for his young years and if the saying of if your good enough age shouldnt hold him back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember Beckham coming here on loan as a youngster to toughen him up he scored direct from a corner on his debut and scored in a another game with what became is trade mark free kick I think he was here a month before fergie recalled him but his class and touch was plain to see he stood out like a sore thumb 

Edited by Blackmag
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I remember Beckham coming here on loan as a youngster he scored direct from a corner on his debut and scored in a another game with what became is trade mark free kick I think he was here a month before fergie recalled him but his class and touch was plain to see he stood out like a sore thumb 

I watched him play in a intertoto cup game at Forest, I think UTD played Ajax and Forest played inter (maybe??)... this was early 90s, 93 I reckon.... Cantona was there and Schmeichel was in goal...the rest of the team were the young lads who went on to become that great side of the late 90s.... if I'm honest I was so star stuck by Cantona I didn't notice anyone else ..lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I watched him play in a intertoto cup game at Forest, I think UTD played Ajax and Forest played inter (maybe??)... this was early 90s, 93 I reckon.... Cantona was there and Schmeichel was in goal...the rest of the team were the young lads who went on to become that great side of the late 90s.... if I'm honest I was so star stuck by Cantona I didn't notice anyone else ..lol

I liked Eric too, if I could sum him up in 2 words it would Total Belief ! 
 

He just radiated confidence and class.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...