• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WILF

• maxhardcore

• Blackmag

• gnasher16

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im just too delirious to write anything sensible at the moment. As old school West Ham fans i/we always resisted any temptation to fall into all that " we are a big club " talk......but some thin

Absolutely brilliant result....once again Southgate proves all us "experts " wrong good for him. Hand of God.....Lampards 2 foot over the line goal.....and its " tough shit " We get one iffy

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

What or who made stiff,wilf and new kid experts then.?

f***ing hell, I’m not an expert ! Blimey I don’t where you got that from ! Lol

I think like anyone else you can give considered opinions on something based on your own knowledge or experience but that hardly qualifies as being an expert does it 👍

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I didn't say experts what I meant said is having played at a good level they will have a better understanding of the tactical side than someone like me sat in the stands 

8 hours ago, WILF said:

Just going football is no measure that you have a clue about football.....as you have clearly demonstrated for the last few years.

All through my 20s and early 30s I was training 2 or 3 nights a week and playing Saturday and Sunday so going to watch football just wasn’t an option.

By the time I finished up playing I had a heap of kids and other hobbies and so did all my pals so going off to football was again not really thought of.

That there above is a version of most people’s reality so I don’t know what point you are making trying to one up people about how many games they have been too and all that old bollocks.

Because you like going football don’t mean you have a clue what you are on about 

Thats my football life in a nutshell lol...

Last time I was at Home Park (Argyle) was to watch Everton in the FA cup with my Bro in law..

Started in Devonport, up through Stoke few beers, evening game....I was trying not to jump around too much each time Everton scored....lol

• Like 1
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Also been to san Siro, Allianz, nou camp , Stuttgart , Wembley , Peterborough, loftus road . 

would love to go to the rome derby or Marseille for my 40th. 

id love that. 

I'd love to do that as well mate...would need a time machine unfortunately...44 this year!! Lol

4 hours ago, WILF said:

We tend to stick with our managers for longer than any club in the top 4 divisions of English football mate but in fairness (and my humble opinion) it’s not that hard of a job with us.

For a start the expectation isn’t massive from the fans and the club are happy to just float about at a certain level......nobody expects or wants much more so there’s a isnt too many questions getting asked of a manager.

However it’s seems with Unt there are always going to be questions asked of a manager, that just go’s with managing arguably the biggest club in the world but I think since the departure of Ferguson it has been a major reality check for them.

They have tried big name managers and they wasn’t happy, I think they have to remember back to Fergies early days......he wasn’t a big name manager at the time and for a season or so he really struggled.

What was he, one game away from the sack ? 
I think unless they could get someone like Simeone who is a sticker at a club like Fergy was then who better than Ollie?

He knows the club, he understands what the glory should look like, he knows what produced it......all this sacking managers is bollocks most of the time.

Sticking plaster solutions for the 2 minute generation......it takes time to build a team, sometimes lots of time.

I think maybe the problem could be similar for Sunderland, they have tried the sack, sack, sack mentality and it’s killed them.....maybe they should try a bit of sticking for a change ?

Agree with most of that mate, as you know I've been saying for a while its just not the right way to act, sacking managers left right and centre is shit, the stability needs to be there...

I slightly disagree with comparing an incoming manager with the early years of Ferguson, the club the new manager was coming into was light years away from the United Fergie walked into...he had changed the whole culture of the club, from youth sides, scouting, brand the lot...that's why I never thought Moyes was the right man, at that stage you needed a big name in world football, Mourinho would've been my choice back then, a rebuild was needed (United should never of won the league in Fergies last year), and given money plus 3 or 4 years at that stage I believe Mourihno would've put together a very good side...

But we are in a different place now, Ole is bringing through young players, he has actually made some decent signings (imo) with Bruno obviously the stand out, there is at times that pace on the counter which the best Fergie sides were famous for... I just can't see what changing again now would bring? 

I know Poch has been touted for a long time, but if that was the case he should've been brought in straight after Mourhino and handed a 5 year contract to build the side... 

I hate the sack the manager mentality, the players need to stand up a bit now, listening to Bruno talk a few times after games I like his attitude, he's the sort of bloke you could build a side around.. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, WILF said:

Anyway, I’m sure Newkid will read this and be chuffed to f**k that I managed to somehow shoehorn in a comparison between Man Utd and Sunderland ! Lol

Replied before I read this... I think its a fair comparison.. 😉😆

30 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Both play in red and white and both teams supported by lads from a different area? 😁😁😁

Cheers, D.

That's why me and Max get on, kindred spirits mate...

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Agree with most of that mate, as you know I've been saying for a while its just not the right way to act, sacking managers left right and centre is shit, the stability needs to be there...

I slightly disagree with comparing an incoming manager with the early years of Ferguson, the club the new manager was coming into was light years away from the United Fergie walked into...he had changed the whole culture of the club, from youth sides, scouting, brand the lot...that's why I never thought Moyes was the right man, at that stage you needed a big name in world football, Mourinho would've been my choice back then, a rebuild was needed (United should never of won the league in Fergies last year), and given money plus 3 or 4 years at that stage I believe Mourihno would've put together a very good side...

But we are in a different place now, Ole is bringing through young players, he has actually made some decent signings (imo) with Bruno obviously the stand out, there is at times that pace on the counter which the best Fergie sides were famous for... I just can't see what changing again now would bring? 

I know Poch has been touted for a long time, but if that was the case he should've been brought in straight after Mourhino and handed a 5 year contract to build the side... 

I hate the sack the manager mentality, the players need to stand up a bit now, listening to Bruno talk a few times after games I like his attitude, he's the sort of bloke you could build a side around.. 

That’s a decent reply that mate, all makes sense to me 👍

1 hour ago, ginger beard said:

Hey I'm no expert.... I played football, I like football, if I'm with a few football lads I enjoy the yap...but expert no chance.... I think there are quite a few lads on here who know enough about the game, as normal though these threads end up discussing at length Sunderland.. now I know f**k all at all about Sunderland and I'm pretty glad about that...