Advice for night vision optics

Hi all, 

hope I’m posting in the correct place.

just secured my first bit of permission and I will be going out for rabbits podgeons and rats etc. I have a bsa r10 22 but could anyone advise me on a good but not majorly expensive night Vision I could use. Also if anyone has anything for sale could you please let me know.

thanks again

rob.

A small technical issue here....It is illegal  to shoot winged vermin at night by lamp or illumination.  This would include night vision eqpt.  Night is classified at 1 hour after sunset until 1 hour before Sun rise.   This is the same as shooting game such as roosting pheasants. Potentially you could end up have your rifle and kit confiscated,  issued with a  fine and a criminal record if you go out shooting pigeons at night. As you are new it might be an idea to read this before you break the law. https://basc.org.uk/codes-of-practice/air-rifles-code-of-practice/  good hunting.

4 hours ago, Meece said:

A small technical issue here....It is illegal  to shoot winged vermin at night by lamp or illumination.  This would include night vision eqpt.  Night is classified at 1 hour after sunset until 1 hour before Sun rise.   This is the same as shooting game such as roosting pheasants. Potentially you could end up have your rifle and kit confiscated,  issued with a  fine and a criminal record if you go out shooting pigeons at night. As you are new it might be an idea to read this before you break the law. https://basc.org.uk/codes-of-practice/air-rifles-code-of-practice/  good hunting.

And that applies to Canada Geese too does it - or just roosting birds?

5 hours ago, Meece said:

Thankyou bud

• 2 weeks later...

A good little outfit as an add-on system is NiteSite Viper costing £299, there some cottage industry home made kits on ebay around £200,  'some bloke' above used to make really nice units but you will need to send him a pm as I am not sure if he still makes them.

I have a s/h cottage industry one that I loaned to my son in law but as he no longer shoots, that is sat in a bag in the cupboard and you can have that for £65 plus post if that is of any interest.  You will need an IR torch as I have given mine away, I may have a nv spotter as well which is out on load and that would be £60 inc torch plus post.

The nv system

20190202_144632_zpsymbr3rkx.jpg

Phil

On 11/09/2020 at 07:06, BenBhoy said:

How much are you looking to spend? You can get 2nd hand add on such as pard007 for reasonable £££. I use a pard008LRF and cannot fault it at all in night mode. 

what are they like daytime. I am no tech minded person, are they difficult to suss out and operate. Thank you.

• 6 months later...

I use the Elusive Wildlife scope green light and the feeder green lights. I'm good up to 150 yards. Very good products for the money.

https://www.ellettbrothers.com/

I have a friend that uses ATN thermal scope. He is good out past 150 very nice rig . If you have unlimited money go with the thermal .

Edited by Vincej
  • 2 months later...

There are a lot of cheap night vision, you can search on amazon mentioning your budget.

I've found some, you may check these:

1. Nuxn 60x60 Binoculars for Adults Compact HD Professional Day/Night Vision Binoculars
  2. Atomic Beam As Seen On TV Official As Seen On TV Night Hero Binoculars by BulbHead
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2020 at 20:40, lifelong cumbrian said:

what are they like daytime. I am no tech minded person, are they difficult to suss out and operate. Thank you.

Not difficult at all, really really simple.

The daytime image is very decent, not as crisp as night time but more than acceptable. I can accurately shoot 200yds+ with it in day time. 

• Like 1