The mighty MK1 HW80 .22 on pest control tonight.

Got a phone call off the nursery owner this early afternoon about a magpie that is forever taking eggs from his new hen pens behind his biggest  tunnel.

He said that he's tried trapping and shooting but the bird is too cunning and he cant get near it as much as he tries.

Well I was at the nursery as agreed for 5-30pm and set up straight away,- no rocket science, sat amongst the back hedges, primos sticks, full leaf suit and then behind camo netting.

Here's the view before the nettings are draped over us.

IMG_1475.JPG.4770abf1df0ce6d83c5aa3cbe1313287.JPG

The new hen pens are just behind the conifers.

I simply cracked two eggs open on the gravel by the pens and waited.

After about an hour I got a presentation at the eggs.

A lazed 44 yards, the ready cocked rifle was on aim instantly, safety gently snipped to off, cross hairs settled onto the heart/ lungs, breath, concentration, heart beat, squeeze off and follow through with the almighty thwack of the Falcon Accuracy Plus  .22 finding its mark and the magpie just crumpled to an instant despatch.

No more destroyed eggs or theft 

IMG_1476.JPG.cf2ec8a7287c29c0330363640420daf2.JPG

One superbly accurate , hard hitting rifle the MK1 HW 80.

atb Mark.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Phill-W68 said:

Nice shot, what fpe is the hw80 chucking out?

Aye up Phill,

With F.A.P`s. she`s running a very consistent 626.64 ft/sec, 11.71 ft/lbs.

I`ve regularly checked her numbers and she is always legal.

I`m getting a very flat trajectory for .22 and the accuracy I`m getting is superb.

A very good hunting rifle the MK1 HW 80. 

IMG_1470.JPG.4ebcd51b81742b4ed58f963de6ddc44d.JPG

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Aye up Phill,

I`m getting a very flat trajectory for .22 and the accuracy I`m getting is superb.

Sweet as a nut then, is it still factory set or has it been tinkered/tuned ?

• Like 1

As far as I know it`s totally untouched buddy.

I am very tempted to leave her that way and continue with her single stage record trigger and I am also very tempted to have a highly tuned two stage trigger and rifle but by who ?

Sandwell Field Sports were my first thoughts but sadly they have recently had some bad press on another forum that put me on a back burner for now Phill :no: ?

6 hours ago, mark williams said:

As far as I know it`s totally untouched buddy.

I am very tempted to leave her that way and continue with her single stage record trigger and I am also very tempted to have a highly tuned two stage trigger and rifle but by who ?

Sandwell Field Sports were my first thoughts but sadly they have recently had some bad press on another forum that put me on a back burner for now Phill :no: ?

Why fix what isn't broke!.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, mark williams said:

Aye up Phill,

you  all ready have your sgc should be an easy step to get fac for you Mark

would be good to hear your side on fac air and slugs

just my op ,ate

• Haha 1

Hi Jimmy,

I mentioned to Joe, my FAO about 17 HMR and the reply was,- no FAC tickets are being issued this year because of all the issues that have been going on and yes I would have no problems should I ever apply .

One of my largest permissions is passed for the use of fac.

The HW80 would lose value having it put on ticket Jim as I`m told it would stay a firearm once registered and that would make it only available to fac holders should I ever want to sell on.

The other side of the coin is that I love the challenge of hunting sub 12 and the demands it brings.( just me) :angel:

atb. Mark.

Next to rats, my target species with any gun sub 12, fac or shotgun, magpies look a pretty bird but they are evil buggers.  We have moorhens that nest in the pond over my wall, they got all the chicks but I got some of them.  Nice one Mark

Phil