LED or normal yellow beam

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't call flipping a switch new technology,just us old cnts can't see as good.I'm betting the younger gen won't be able the see much in the future staring at their phones all day.

I gone back to halogen. Don’t think the dog ran so well on led. For instance rabbit running back towards the lamp dog didn’t seem able to pick rabbit up so well and not really trying until beam was to

Them what use led 

22 hours ago, king said:

That's my case my eyes have gone down hill fast the last few years.when the dog is nearly there I have to increase the dimmer or I can't see feck all ?

Do you find these days, that at the end of a night you sideswipe several parked cars on the way home too? (Or maybe that's just the end of night stiffener kicking in).

Edited by Maximus Ferret
1 hour ago, Maximus Ferret said:

Do you find these days, that at the end of a night you sideswipe several parked cars on the way home too? (Or maybe that's just the end of night stiffener kicking in).

I'm not that bad lol.my lad kept telling me a few seasons ago he can see an eye but I couldn't see nothing ? he would hold the beam on it and I still couldn't see nothing.so it was time for glasses.and while they are on its like everything is in HD.but they really hurt on top of my ears.ive stretched the frames but still very uncomfortable.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, king said:

I'm not that bad lol.my lad kept telling me a few seasons ago he can see an eye but I couldn't see nothing ? he would hold the beam on it and I still couldn't see nothing.so it was time for glasses.and while they are on its like everything is in HD.but they really hurt on top of my ears.ive stretched the frames but still very uncomfortable.

I was only joking about the cars but know exactly what you mean about the eyesight issue.I still do fine with the blitz but do struggle a small bit with my LED torch. It's pretty bright but somehow just doesn't show things up so well. Shame really as it fits in a pocket like the blitz never would.

4 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

I was only joking about the cars but know exactly what you mean about the eyesight issue.I still do fine with the blitz but do struggle a small bit with my LED torch. It's pretty bright but somehow just doesn't show things up so well. Shame really as it fits in a pocket like the blitz never would.

That's it the eye doesn't seem to show up as much with the led.

I use a tracer 170 variable.on the long fields it does struggle at that distance fully turned up but it does the job.

I might end up with a 240 variable the way the eyes are going lol.

1 minute ago, sandymere said:

Just bought on ebay 16 quid delivered. 

Yuasa 12V 7Ah 20hr.

Don’t tell me you have cheaper lol 

No I don't sell them lol.im after a 18650 battery for my motorola mr550 little torch.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree the white led beams can make spotting rabbits very difficult especially if the grass is wet , the rabbits just appear  a silvery colour that blend into the now silvery appearing grass.

You can actually buy halogen coloured pills/bulbs for many lamps/torches , 

i have been useing a Night Sabre with a yellow pill, it is fantastic the spot is perfect with no side glare or dark spot  in the middle, it is also a circular spot not square like many led lamps, 

Edited by runem
private
  • Like 2