Rapid 7 FAC Help please

Further to my previous thread Rapid 7 Mk11 FAC .22 a week or two back!

043a.jpg.b2801d30f003137a465335da6a2174cc.jpg

I now have the gun, my region excelled themselves with a Variation in under 2 weeks so I collected it today.

I have the gun as a result of a family tragedy , it is totally legit but the person who transferred it to me knows nothing about it.

Few questions if you can help, what pressure are you meant to pump up the bottle up to please, its 400cc, does it just unscrew and self seal???  The mod appears to be held on by a grub screw but on taking it out the mod still seems firmly fixed, is this just rust or are the glued on as well?  I think the gun started life as FAC as it has the longer barrel fitted.   It's a long time since I played with a Theoben, it is allegedly about 26 ft lb, I think these will go up to about 40ft lb.    Anyway, not even fired it yet, oh, and it only has 12 shot mags with it not 7.   Any hints and tips on cleaning/servicing much appreciated!

Cheers

Hi Decker, regarding the fill pressure, it should say on the bottle? 200 bar I think (CP) charging pressure. TP is test pressure 300 bar. 

Regarding filling, unscrew the bottle half a turn then fire off a few shots to empty the pressurised chamber, probably 5 or 6 shots. If chamber hasn't emptied twist bottle another half a turn and do the same again, you will hear when the chamber is empty. If you've got spare bottle o rings, you can just unscrew the bottle but there will be a bang (not harmful) as the pressure will ping the o ring on the bottle. 

Normally the mod is just fitted using the grub screw but may have rusted in place. If you can heat up the end of an Allen key, most times this will break the seal if it's rusted in. (it works for screws) obviously, using a screwdriver. 

If your going to keep it it might pay to join one or both of the Rapid sites? 

Screenshot_20200907_221025_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200907_220901_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

I’d agree totally with what lip says. Also, although they will go higher, 26-28ft lb in .22 is a sweet spot for rapids in terms of efficiency if properly set up. I fitted a dr bobs quick fill adapter and gauge to mine. £100 but well worth the modification if you intend to keep it long term. No more pi55ing about taking the bottle off to charge it or wondering how much pressure is in there. Olde Skool they maybe, but the strength and quality of engineering makes them a solid investment that will keep working with minimal and relatively easy servicing.

I had the Mk2 in .22 as well although mine was a 16'' barrel.  I filled it to 200bar and the best pellet by a country mile was Air Arms Field Heavy 18gr which were recommended to me by the Rapid forum and also a Rapid dealer in Lincoln and not to be confused with JSB Heavy 18gr as they didn't perform anywhere near as well.  It ran at 28fpe and returned about 60 good shots per fill and extremely accurate.

I have a mod made by some guys in aerospace for a Rapid fac which I bought from them and still have it if anyone is interested, very well engineered.

Now go out and have a great time with your gun.

Phil