The Mighty Oak

4 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

The one oak is on its way out the other still has a few years left, here is a better picture of it from further back . You are right , if only they could talk . 
           A guy in the village had a  nice porch built with oak . I asked him where he got the oak from . It turns out it’s French oak !!! In fact most of the oak we now use in building is from France  (spit) . ??? What the f@ck is happening to the country, when we can’t even source decent English oak anymore?

14BFF88A-931A-4A44-AEAA-9A2CB2A56F18.jpeg

Na I'm all for chopping down the frogs trees and keeping our own were they belong ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this tree on my travels one time down Bristol way. I was absolutely blown away by the sheer scale and beauty of it and it ranks up there if not above with any animal I've seen for just being in

Yeah I have an Oak at the top of the garden, the acorns fall and up little Oak's come every where.  I'm very fond of the Oak tree myself and read an interesting book about them. I wanted to put a

Its taken 18 years mate. I don't know if any body is interested this was the mound when I cleared in and planted the tree. This is the other side. 2010 Phone shot

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I wish you'd had told me that before we lobbed down this 60 footer. 

Your trollings not getting any bites why don't you log into your ihunter account and see if you more luck with that

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I think English longbows were made from French yew. 

its thought  the reason most church yards in villages had yew trees ...was to provide the villagers with longbows when needed....but I think  ash was widly used as well

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TOMO said:

its thought  the reason most church yards in villages had yew trees ...was to provide the villagers with longbows when needed....but I think  ash was widly used as well

Lovely grain, make great catty forks, 

468C0442-CC42-4AE1-A7D0-28452EA700E9.jpeg

• Like 3
On 07/09/2020 at 21:18, Arry said:

I will try and get you some walnuts this year if you want. Put them in the fridge for a while them plant them PM  me if intresteded. 

Chrees Arry

Much appreciated Arry, thst would be great..!! ?

Gnipper, whatever you can get me mate, thank you. ?

8 hours ago, Astanley said:

Good thread this ,there is n Oak nearby that is over thousands years old ,I have spent many happy hours gazing at it ,I take a leaf off it every now and again ( I use them as bookmarks ) ,personally I think the relationship with the oak and the people of these isles goes beyond iconic or much loved ,I think there is a spiritual connection ,it provides or has provided food ,fuel and shelter for millennium s ,but it satisfies a deeper need in us , it has the attributes of a parent ,it is strong ,it endures ,it is ever present ,and being close to one makes a British blooded person ,feel safe ,feel at home and feel loved .

In awe of that post mate... ???

4 hours ago, Arry said:

This Half dead Old Oak has looked the same all my life on the bank of the river. Locals call it the Shag Tree with all the Cormorant and Shags that sit in the dead branches.

P1210972.jpeg.7b20bac4d6ed9ac2dfa6e248edd8920f.jpeg

P1210974.jpeg.901d8fcc06e6e779ab1c6b5ecd16d15d.jpeg

P1210973.jpeg.c0007a79921974f4e5afce67a9eecc87.jpeg

Cheers Arry

Next time your passing Arry.... Slip off the safety and empty a few cartridges in to them fuckers?? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1