Afternoon session on stubbles.

21 hours ago, Stavross said:

Lovely job, I really need some more stav time for the pigeons, or longshanx needs to get out and supply me with pigeon meat  

I had a mooch the bank holiday weekend but there was nothing harvested. 

The wheat should be down now so I will have a reccy and we can have a day on them

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, philpot said:

Nice going lads.  I have been looking at a Yilditz o/u 28 gauge today, what a nice little gun...................................................I am tempted.

Phil

Years ago now I had a chance to buy a franchi al48 with fancy wood in 28g with a scaled action ( probably for 20g) but knee trembled.....you always remember the ones that got away!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, philpot said:

As a matter of interest SD, what sort of range were you shooting as I am very curious about the 28g of your pal's.   I am going into the rfd today to have another look at the 28g he has on the rack.

Phil

30+.

I've seen 28's down high birds before!

57 minutes ago, philpot said:

As a matter of interest SD, what sort of range were you shooting as I am very curious about the 28g of your pal's.   I am going into the rfd today to have another look at the 28g he has on the rack.

Phil

I have just bought a 28 bore for my grandson who is ten. I got him an Armsan semi auto and couldn't believe how well it cycled even 14grm cartridges. I fitted a half choke in it and took him on the clays (spit) last night for the second time and he was smoking them at good ranges, in fact just as well as the blokes with 12 bores.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ianm said:

I have just bought a 28 bore for my grandson who is ten. I got him an Armsan semi auto and couldn't believe how well it cycled even 14grm cartridges. I fitted a half choke in it and took him on the clays (spit) last night for the second time and he was smoking them at good ranges, in fact just as well as the blokes with 12 bores.  

As your Mrs says.....size doesn't matter!

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, ianm said:

Really interesting Ian, it just some interest to me as a possible pigeon gun for shooting in my quarry perm as the birds come in to roost as well as some real fun on the clays.  I have not looked at the cost of cartridges as yet but this may be the perfect situation to get a little reloader, I have wanted an excuse for a while, something like a Lee Loadall as I cannot justify a Mec or for that matter afford one.  Clay and Game, the reloading company is quite close to me (30mins) so getting supplies is easy and good advice as it has been many years since I used to load my own shells.

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Really interesting Ian, it just some interest to me as a possible pigeon gun for shooting in my quarry perm as the birds come in to roost as well as some real fun on the clays.  I have not looked at the cost of cartridges as yet but this may be the perfect situation to get a little reloader, I have wanted an excuse for a while, something like a Lee Loadall as I cannot justify a Mec or for that matter afford one.  Clay and Game, the reloading company is quite close to me (30mins) so getting supplies is easy and good advice as it has been many years since I used to load my own shells.

Phil

Does Lee do the loadall in 28g?? I only thought they did it in 20g&12g ?