Bull Russell

Hi all, recently my sisters plummer terrier x parson died at the good old age of 16, he was a great little dog and is sadly missed. I'm looking for some advice on what to go for Patterdale, Lake Land, bull Russell... Her last dog was very steady and well behaved went out with the horses etc. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

On 05/09/2020 at 21:08, dillydog said:

Anything below the magical £1000 mark these days ?

Cant believe some of the prices dogs are fetching , seen a lad trying to sell a pat that looked more like a beddy whip , more likley an accidental mating , but he kept saying its a  pat because the mums a pat but couldnt give a straight answerer on the sire ?  now the thing is he had loads interested willing to pay .. where this leads the future of terriers is beyond me 

• Like 1
On 05/09/2020 at 08:51, ratmogit said:

Hi all, recently my sisters plummer terrier x parson died at the good old age of 16, he was a great little dog and is sadly missed. I'm looking for some advice on what to go for Patterdale, Lake Land, bull Russell... Her last dog was very steady and well behaved went out with the horses etc. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'd just get something farm bred or from stables or whatever. I'd want it as far away from earthdogs as I could get tbh. I don't think breeds as such really come into it for what you want.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TonyT said:

If you were wanting a working Russel , why would you by a farm bred ratting little thing. ?

Albeit it ain't totally clear but I didn't read that post and think, "yeah he wants a working terrier". Sounded to me like his sister wants another no hassle pet terrier.