BLACK RABBITS

micky

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd shoot them all before they grow up and start rioting looting and mugging everybody.

what a splindid way to nab a few rabbits that is...just a knitting needle inside ya coat....and any old mongrel to mark the walls....obviously not a gun trained spaniel  first victim  for the kni

Another nice thing about this spot

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, TOMO said:

what a splindid way to nab a few rabbits that is...just a knitting needle inside ya coat....and any old mongrel to mark the walls....obviously not a gun trained spaniel :laugh:

first victim  for the knittle needle micky ....should be the spaniel :whistling:

Aye good fun. Used to get loads from walls with my terrier marking , good old days. ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

what a splindid way to nab a few rabbits that is...just a knitting needle inside ya coat....and any old mongrel to mark the walls....obviously not a gun trained spaniel :laugh:

first victim  for the knittle needle micky ....should be the spaniel :whistling:

Can’t beat a marker , we walked past a set last week looked abandoned, dog marked we had 8 out of it , havnt seen 8 in a long time , if didn’t get a mark we would walked past as it looked that unused 

On 04/09/2020 at 18:51, micky said:

I  went to a field yesterday for a look round  and i saw over 20 Black Rabbits  as well as the normal kind  , i went back this morning with a camera to see if i could get a picture an though i saw 10  the  were  very skittish all i have to do now is finding a way of catching them  because the job will be much harder than it looks 

DSCF2694.JPG

DSCF2701.JPG

DSCF2702.JPG

‘On the confines of large estate a rather clever trick was once played upon us. Each year about half a dozen black or white rabbits were turned down into certain woods. Whilst feeding, these stood out conspicuously from the rest, and were religiously preserved. Upon these the keepers kept a close watch, and when any were missing it was suspected what was going on, when the watching strength was increased. As soon as we detected the trick we were careful to let the coloured rabbits go free. We found that it was altogether to our interest to preserve them.’ - excerpt from ‘The Confessions of a poacher’. 

all the best,

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Can’t beat a marker , we walked past a set last week looked abandoned, dog marked we had 8 out of it , havnt seen 8 in a long time , if didn’t get a mark we would walked past as it looked that unused 

it happens a lot. holes with footprints in the sand look well used but empty. as you say sett looks abandoned but well occupied. I wouldn't ferret without a little marking dog, worth there weight in gold?

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it happens a lot. holes with footprints in the sand look well used but empty. as you say sett looks abandoned but well occupied. I wouldn't ferret without a little marking dog, worth there weight in gold?

Been today for couple hour My mate brought his lurcher that’s not done a great deal we walked past some cracking sets dog never marked he netted them and nothing but the crappy ones he marked was holding after a couple of times he started trusting the dog lol 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Traditionalhunter said:

‘On the confines of large estate a rather clever trick was once played upon us. Each year about half a dozen black or white rabbits were turned down into certain woods. Whilst feeding, these stood out conspicuously from the rest, and were religiously preserved. Upon these the keepers kept a close watch, and when any were missing it was suspected what was going on, when the watching strength was increased. As soon as we detected the trick we were careful to let the coloured rabbits go free. We found that it was altogether to our interest to preserve them.’ - excerpt from ‘The Confessions of a poacher’. 

all the best,

If your a poacher that's not a reason to keep off but a reason to grab what you can in one hit then move on ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, fred90 said:

You countnt be more right fred  , a marking dog is essential 

• 3 weeks later...