That set up was a pickle bone frame, .6 sumeike cut at 20/15 and 9.5mm steel. The video was taken last summer, I used to practice with all sorts of frames and bands but now I Only shoot a scout lt with 1745 tubes and  10mm lead and this set up is all need. I very rarely practice anymore , granted I do shoot the odd shot at a leaf , pebble ect while I’m out mooching abart ( more so when I’ve missed a easy shot on summat).

does practice make perfect? when I have a practice session it usually takes a few shots to find some accuracy. yet last week I didn't pick the catty up for a few days. was on the garden feeding the ferrets when a woodie landed on the TV aerial, nipped in for the catty and took it with a neck shot, first shot for a few days and my first pigeon. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Where’s best place to buy a catty with decent bands already attached? Fancy giving it a go but can’t be chewed with all the cutting bands an trying to attach them ?

It’s faff but you got to learn to tie them as they break , shame as I sold my 2 black widows at car boot last month I would sent them up to you ?

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I got one the widow frames here but the tube bands are starting to get wee holes in em so don’t want use it, kids been using it for last couple years just messing about shooting each other with sweets an stuff? gonna get meself one to for over winter, if I could get like some the guys in here I’d have some serious bags jus walking about yard?

plenty on ebay katchy. you can buy the bands ready made. they are easy to attach to the frame. 

1 hour ago, fred90 said:

does practice make perfect? when I have a practice session it usually takes a few shots to find some accuracy. yet last week I didn't pick the catty up for a few days. was on the garden feeding the ferrets when a woodie landed on the TV aerial, nipped in for the catty and took it with a neck shot, first shot for a few days and my first pigeon. 

Kin hell Freddie boy ... I thought you’d taken a vow of silence ?

same mate I don’t need all that practice any more and with shooting instinctive I hit most I shoot at.

51 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Where’s best place to buy a catty with decent bands already attached? Fancy giving it a go but can’t be chewed with all the cutting bands an trying to attach them ?

Pro shot ... buy yourself something with clips and i will cut you some band sets .

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Kin hell Freddie boy ... I thought you’d taken a vow of silence ?

same mate I don’t need all that practice any more and with shooting instinctive I hit most I shoot at.

??. I have held off practicing so much since. I think once you get your anchor and reference points they come naturally. been in Norfolk for a few days hardly any phone signal. off up to Berwick-upon-Tweed and the borders for a few days soon?. Will take catty with me. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I got one the widow frames here but the tube bands are starting to get wee holes in em so don’t want use it, kids been using it for last couple years just messing about shooting each other with sweets an stuff? gonna get meself one to for over winter, if I could get like some the guys in here I’d have some serious bags jus walking about yard?

Go on eBay and buy some orange dub dub, it’s simular dimensions to the widow but much more user friendly then just replace the stuff on there but I think you need to all have one the same to make things fair really, you get discount if you buy a few of those Chinese ones and they have clips so you can just get ready made bands and fit them £8 on the left £6 on the right discount if you buy more than one I,d go for the one on the left as it suits more people s different styles ???

DA78DA8F-3B14-495D-883B-D5199B977429.jpeg

On 04/09/2020 at 16:24, W. Katchum said:

I’d get a scout lt from proshot catapults, nice catapult. I shoot over the top, it’s more forgiving on your hands if you make a mistake. They supply one band set. I would advise cutting your own as you will find it easy after a couple of attempts, works out cheap and takes a minute or two to knock a new band set up....save you a fortune.

Remember to match the bands to the weight/ size of ammunition.

• Like 1