Job opportunity

49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Plastic flashing then ridge screwed down with a screw similar to what cladding is fastened with clip in-between ridges quicker easier and cleaner than  sand cement I used to hate laying ridges when I was younger that and plain tiles lol 

Haha I knew that mate, it just doesn't look right too much space ffom ridge to tile, mortar all the way?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be looking for a young lad 18_22 year old , to be trained up to level 2 standard in pest control . Ideally in a 10 mile radius of Glasgow.  Driving licence is a must . Starting off cleaning pige

There's always work out there if you want it.... I work on sites, and I can never remember a team of 2/3 brickies needing 5/6 labourers?most are bone idle and attached to their phones.... Same go

When I started work you expected to get all the shitty jobs,it was a fact of employment the the new kid got all the shit and tricks.You stuck at it and worked your way through the system and when a ne

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Francie said:

If the wind catches that or animals get in lol

To be fair then bits a rubber on the screws will fail well before mortar i always though birds can't get in but I once was on a job 4 block houses and the old boy I was with put the batten that they screwed to on with wrong nails abot 2 inch short lol the full lot was in the road  the next day still screwed to the wood lol and the c**t tried blaming me 

Edited by mC HULL
Just now, mC HULL said:

To be fair then bits a rubber on the screws will fail well before mortar i always though birds can't get in but I once was on a job 4 block houses and the old boy I was with put the batten the they screwed to on with wrong nails abot 2 inch short lol the full lot was in the road  the next day still screwed to the wood lol and the c**t tried blaming me 

????That would have been a sight Hull 

I had some shite jobs as a kid what youd do for 20 sheet sorting slate into sizes till you was chuwing on dust lol breaking asbestos roof sheet up and skipping em stacking lead and this well before i was old enough to work lol and they say smoking kills lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mC HULL said:

I had some shite jobs as a kid what youd do for 20 sheet sorting slate into sizes till you was chuwing on dust lol breaking asbestos roof sheet up and skipping em stacking lead and this well before i was old enough to work lol and they say smoking kills lol

U were lucky

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Francie said:

What's underneath those hip ridges to stop the water getting in? 

I’m not too sure mate I never really done it. My best mates a roofer so he done it but from what I could see it’s like plastic or rubbery strands look a bit like mop strands. It’s the new thing now dry ridges apparently but deffo looks betterAtb Igz

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

That’s the way I like to do it, i don’t want to be rich, I’m not a fan of holidays etc, not fussed with expensive cars, as long as I’m comfortable that’ll do me. Life only happens once, f**k spending 60hrs a week grafting, bank balance will look tidy but fast forward 40 years to retirement & you won’t have many memories to look back on. 

That's one of the reasons i went down the pit at 19 always had time for the dogs and the NCB were not on your case if you knocked the odd shift witch i did often if i was on nights and the wind was howling as a night lamping or roosting was a lot more appealing than a coal face .Looking back on old photos and memory's i am glad i did.

2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

That's one of the reasons i went down the pit at 19 always had time for the dogs and the NCB were not on your case if you knocked the odd shift witch i did often if i was on nights and the wind was howling as a night lamping or roosting was a lot more appealing than a coal face .Looking back on old photos and memory's i am glad i did.

spot on above  lads, as they say you only pass this way once , and by god does fookin old age come knocking on your door quicker than you think ,had my son over for a night,off from wife and kids, got him few cans in , just nice to chill with him, Christ he strong and fit, he 33   at his best loves his football and couple cans , try to enjoy life to the full  . deff

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on above  lads, as they say you only pass this way once , and by god does fookin old age come knocking on your door quicker than you think ,had my son over for a night,off from wife and kids, got him few cans in , just nice to chill with him, Christ he strong and fit, he 33   at his best loves his football and couple cans , try to enjoy life to the full  . deff

You weren't wrestling were you ray ???

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

100% black neck better than down pit or on the trawlers kids today like me little nephew lazy b*****ds think everything free lol

We had too get up at 3 work 23 hours at Mill and when we got home dad would thrash us 2 sleep wi his belt