FAO Riohog

Hi mate .

Been asked to post this for your from Shovel leaner (John )

You made him a knife and yesterday  afternoon I got  to to use it on a decent fallow buck .Handles well mate and nice and sharp for the arse end .

EE8E7C98-7944-4755-B27B-DD62F926A1AE.jpeg
Buck was a courtesy invite by Shovel leaner ,last minute and as I was in Bristol ,pigeon shooting in the morning I used his rifle ,Same as mine anyway .Arrived at Js place a bit early around 6 pm .We drove around several places looking to see if the fallow were out yet but nothing showed only roe and muntjac .Almost last light we saw a single fallow buck skirting round a small clump of trees and in no hurry .J hatched a plan to gently push him on around the trees while I waited on sticks at roughly 130 m I’d say from where we first spotted him .Sure enough plan worked to a treat and the buck emerged casually my side the trees and immediately clocked me . Too late ,I neck shot him and down he went ,dead on the spot .Many thanks to J and respect to Riohog for a decent knife .

3D7891C0-546C-4513-B816-575515C63ECE.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Nice when a cunning plan comes together. Worked a treat bumping the buck out of those trees . 
       The knife Riohog made has done a few deer now and has held its edge . I knew when I saw some pictures of the knives he makes on here that I would like it . For what it’s worth anyone looking for a stalking knife that shows up in the grass ,  I can recommend the knives from Riohog . He never asked me to do a write up or gave me any special deal . He was just a sound bloke to deal with . 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Nice when a cunning plan comes together. Worked a treat bumping the buck out of those trees . 
       The knife Riohog made has done a few deer now and has held its edge . I knew when I saw some pictures of the knives he makes on here that I would like it . For what it’s worth anyone looking for a stalking knife that shows up in the grass ,  I can recommend the knives from Riohog . He never asked me to do a write up or gave me any special deal . He was just a sound bloke to deal with . 

thanks  J  they do the job .....:good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 01/09/2020 at 17:04, foxdropper said:

Hi mate .

Been asked to post this for your from Shovel leaner (John )

You made him a knife and yesterday  afternoon I got  to to use it on a decent fallow buck .Handles well mate and nice and sharp for the arse end .

EE8E7C98-7944-4755-B27B-DD62F926A1AE.jpeg
Buck was a courtesy invite by Shovel leaner ,last minute and as I was in Bristol ,pigeon shooting in the morning I used his rifle ,Same as mine anyway .Arrived at Js place a bit early around 6 pm .We drove around several places looking to see if the fallow were out yet but nothing showed only roe and muntjac .Almost last light we saw a single fallow buck skirting round a small clump of trees and in no hurry .J hatched a plan to gently push him on around the trees while I waited on sticks at roughly 130 m I’d say from where we first spotted him .Sure enough plan worked to a treat and the buck emerged casually my side the trees and immediately clocked me . Too late ,I neck shot him and down he went ,dead on the spot .Many thanks to J and respect to Riohog for a decent knife .

3D7891C0-546C-4513-B816-575515C63ECE.jpeg

Cracker Tim well done 

• Like 1