• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a gift of this from a man a few years back,turned up at the door ,was blown away when it came as I never knew he was sending it...the coins are of a greyhound and a hare and the year I was born.

.Here's a couple of Pete's sticks.

Posted Images

IA friend of mine makes them. Wiltshire ram's horn crooks etc. He's carved some fish from burr wood. All the scales are carved in by hand. There pretty expensive from 150-300 depending on how long it took to make but top notch sticks. I can get you some photos/prices if your interested?

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, bullmastiff said:

IA friend of mine makes them. Wiltshire ram's horn crooks etc. He's carved some fish from burr wood. All the scales are carved in by hand. There pretty expensive from 150-300 depending on how long it took to make but top notch sticks. I can get you some photos/prices if your interested?

Was that stick at the comp made by him ? 

On 01/09/2020 at 09:52, shovel leaner said:

A friend of mine makes these , bird and animal heads , plus horn and antler . PM me if interested. 

10607518-28A0-4AB5-A31C-708239280962.jpeg

A532B255-7B7D-4319-8923-9235A895C2E3.jpeg

DE57F707-D25F-4C03-A64C-765392EC6294.jpeg

Does your friend sell them in a little craft shop round the backstreets of nailsworth, I was having a wander round a couple of years back and found this little place, something to do with the guild of stick makers or something like that but the place was full of cracking sticks some very simular to those ??

27 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Does your friend sell them in a little craft shop round the backstreets of nailsworth, I was having a wander round a couple of years back and found this little place, something to do with the guild of stick makers or something like that but the place was full of cracking sticks some very simular to those ??

Not sure , he tends to sell them on shoots . I used to go loading with him and he would have one of his sticks with him , the gun he would be loading for would comment on how nice a stick he had and he would say , “ I’ve got some in the back of my car if you are interested “ the teams of guns would clear him out .? 

His health has not been too good recently and he has had to give up the loading but thankfully not the stick making. He usually has a couple on the go but it’s not a commercial venture, just a hobby. 

• Like 1