my hunting season 2020/21

On 24/11/2020 at 21:17, Ted Newgent said:

So my game season is over

but I have some tannerite I haven’t used and a good friend has two beaver damns and house needs to be blown up ?

weather is good this weekend so off down their farm. I will vid it and post it up.

I did 6 hrs of driving today with work and barely seen owt in the fields apart from 2 coyotes. They will hopefully be my next quarry of the next 2 months all pending this bloody snow. I know I won’t be able to get where I would like to but going to be mooching about for them

The blowing up of the beaver damns just got cancelled on me

maybe next weekend 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates son dropped this elk on opening day of archery season,15 yard shot. piebald whitetail doe was spotted just up the road from me

Right then 3 buddies needed me as a caller and guide of the area. 3 of them had bull tags and one mate has been waiting 14yrs to get drawn. first day went Pete tong. second day we

Didn’t miss this fckr   so I missed one at 2pm, tried a neck shot at 200yds and missed. Pretty gutted, the herd ran into the bush. 3 bulls 12 cows 1 calf. so I bedded back down in my fi

Posted Images

On 29/11/2020 at 02:17, Ted Newgent said:

Took 25lbs of deer meat to the butchers to make me some cheese jalapeño beer sticks and smokies

thought we would change it up from the honey garlic 

20lbs of sticks and 20lbs of smokies

B5D68BDD-0A2A-4342-A66E-CC251DFCB355.jpeg

Looking good, I do love jalapeno and cheese flavoured foods. My missus make me lovely scones with jalapenos, cheese and chizrio.  Lovely on a bad day with tomatoe soup.

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

First day out after coyotes

-10c with wind chill -18c 

30kmh wind light snow

firstly most places are still inaccessible due to the big dump of snow we had.

found one road that a farmer had opened up so headed down. Called for 20mins nothing

moved to a frozen lake, called there nothing

moved to where we went elk hunting and I know there is a serious amount of yotes back in there

nothing.

last stop some wildlife lands( open to public on foot hunting only)

switched the caller on and instantly 3 bitches started barking. I was using a cottontail distress. Switched to yote pup distress, this really got them yipping back. Switched to female yote bark to imitate them. Same again, drove them mad but not mad enough to leave the bush for me to get a shot off.

coyotes 1 me 0

weather next week -18c daytime -20s of a night. This will change their attitude 

• Like 2
On 13/12/2020 at 00:48, Ted Newgent said:

First day out after coyotes

-10c with wind chill -18c 

30kmh wind light snow

firstly most places are still inaccessible due to the big dump of snow we had.

found one road that a farmer had opened up so headed down. Called for 20mins nothing

moved to a frozen lake, called there nothing

moved to where we went elk hunting and I know there is a serious amount of yotes back in there

nothing.

last stop some wildlife lands( open to public on foot hunting only)

switched the caller on and instantly 3 bitches started barking. I was using a cottontail distress. Switched to yote pup distress, this really got them yipping back. Switched to female yote bark to imitate them. Same again, drove them mad but not mad enough to leave the bush for me to get a shot off.

coyotes 1 me 0

weather next week -18c daytime -20s of a night. This will change their attitude 

At least you heard them, it's a start. 

Isn't it illegal to lamp over there Ted. 

Atb j 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

By each other? 

Idiot truck hunting red necks with buck fever.

long story but it’s the Wild West come deer season. Blokes just drive the back roads and try popping a deer out of the truck not being mindful of anyone.

Schitt me skids a few times to be fair

11 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

Idiot truck hunting red necks with buck fever.

long story but it’s the Wild West come deer season. Blokes just drive the back roads and try popping a deer out of the truck not being mindful of anyone.

Schitt me skids a few times to be fair

But they're in f***ing orange ? how's that even possible, could you imagine turning up over here to a duck shout or stalking in orange? 

Is it a legal requirement? Do you think it affects the hunt at all? 

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

But they're in f***ing orange ? how's that even possible, could you imagine turning up over here to a duck shout or stalking in orange? 

Is it a legal requirement? Do you think it affects the hunt at all? 

lol

legal requirement for safety reasons (fckn joke really)

deer moose elk are colour blind,they know you are there but dont know what you are

i have had deer walk within 20 yards of me and not even batted an eye

5 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

lol

legal requirement for safety reasons (fckn joke really)

deer moose elk are colour blind,they know you are there but dont know what you are

i have had deer walk within 20 yards of me and not even batted an eye

What happens if you don't wear it? Sorry for all the questions 

• Like 1