my hunting season 2020/21

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates son dropped this elk on opening day of archery season,15 yard shot. piebald whitetail doe was spotted just up the road from me

Right then 3 buddies needed me as a caller and guide of the area. 3 of them had bull tags and one mate has been waiting 14yrs to get drawn. first day went Pete tong. second day we

Didn’t miss this fckr   so I missed one at 2pm, tried a neck shot at 200yds and missed. Pretty gutted, the herd ran into the bush. 3 bulls 12 cows 1 calf. so I bedded back down in my fi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I can understand why some of the herds on tv look huge an must damage the grazing through their hooves and there own grazing plus the predator attraction ?

Elk are a complete pain for farmers

i can’t even tell you how much damage the do to the crops,grain bags and feed bales.

every farmer I talk to wants every single one dead. Devastating animals. The herds are 200-300 in size around but can I find one ..........

• Like 1

day 5 of elk hunt

lost my shit with the hunter in the adjacent field,he thought it would be cool to drive around the fields

with his truck and trailer.this does nothing more than educate the elk and send them noturnal

i despise truck hunters

going back out in  bit, one because the weekend warriors are back in school/work

and two i am going to let rip with the ecaller

• Like 1

This elk hunt is proving to be a nightmare 

wind constantly from the west

just had inch of snow

one landowner being a Cnut as I was 3rd on the list then the two get their elk now I am having to wait for their girlfriend, wife’s and grandmas to shoot one. I got 50 yards on 12 elk the other day but couldn’t pull the trigger, no permission fck fck fck

just got on another parcel of land this morning. I know it well. 5 cows 3 calves come out bang on legal hunting time. Slowly they make their way towards me. I pick out the cow that’s getting it.

fckn bull bugles back in the bush and like daddy’s little girls they trot back in.

dear god above...............

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Do they have many people poaching out there? Must be tempting what with gun ownership so easy .

i seen one program where the fishery and game warden put stuffed grouse and deer by the roadside to see if people would stop and take a shot from the car ?

Game wardens way of thinking is people poach during the game season which couldn’t be any further from the truth.

if landowners complain about hunters then the wardens stick out the decoy.

truck hunters are a real pain. They just drive thru as many parcels of land without permission. If the land isn’t posted “ no hunting no trespassing “ it’s fair game but if it’s posted, then that’s when shit hits fan.

they drive thru fields of crops, thru fences and one farmer even fella trees across the field access, the trees get chopped up.

some years are bad. I have been shot at 3 times and even I have berated a few arseholes

• Like 1

Didn’t miss this fckr

so I missed one at 2pm, tried a neck shot at 200yds and missed. Pretty gutted, the herd ran into the bush. 3 bulls 12 cows 1 calf.

so I bedded back down in my first spot.

4.30 came around and I was thoroughly pissed off with myself.

so I bedded back down we’re the elk came out both times earlier.

15 mins later the fckn herd came out exactly were they went in. A good 500 yds or more.

i was like fck me seriously!!!!!!

so belly crawled towards them, this got the heart pumping right good and proper.

one cow clocked me and was puzzled to what I was. She came closer raising her head trying to get a whiff of me. Good luck to that I was down wind.

belly crawled again she came closer, then she got approx 150yds turn into a position I could send one in the rib cage, boom, she buckled, she walked a bit so I threw one in her head. Done deal.

just skinned her out, weird heart and lungs almost intact. Got bullet and copper jacket also

cow moose now ???

2211586E-A384-4986-9D96-108669636A31.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So it’s autopsy time 

I am a bit baffled to what’s gone on. Her head is complete mush but heart and lungs are completely intact.

the photo with my finger pointing is the inny and obviously the other is the exit wound. I found the copper jacket just under the skin.

bit of a random one for me the initial shot that brought her down temporarily didn’t hit her vitals.

0FCE1610-0E50-4BF8-992A-A62271F61445.jpeg

94E24B0E-B08A-4220-980F-09518C8501A8.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Got 4 days left of cow moose season.

drove around for nearly five hours last weekend.

now to really top it all we got 2 feet of snow in one day. No one has seen any moose apart from one mate who has a cellular cam set up

and five moose have been coming in everyday for past 4 days. I decide to go down there and no moose for past 24hrs.

now it’s fckn snowing again.

I hate not cutting a tag ?