my hunting season 2020/21

tis that time of year again,might as well start a new thread.

i got cow elk tag wifey got cow ,moose tag.fair few mates have bull elk tags and i have booked

time off work to help them out.

1st sept its legal to start baiting on crown land.

got one camera out already on mates land,just set up another for the forestry up north

going off today to grab some grain

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 3

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mates son dropped this elk on opening day of archery season,15 yard shot. piebald whitetail doe was spotted just up the road from me

Right then 3 buddies needed me as a caller and guide of the area. 3 of them had bull tags and one mate has been waiting 14yrs to get drawn. first day went Pete tong. second day we

Didn’t miss this fckr   so I missed one at 2pm, tried a neck shot at 200yds and missed. Pretty gutted, the herd ran into the bush. 3 bulls 12 cows 1 calf. so I bedded back down in my fi

Posted Images

So 1st sept

i ran up to the forestry to bang down some grain and stick a cam on the tree.

i shat me pants when I found this. I threw down my cuttings and trimmings from last years plants and a seed has taken. Damn bears have wrecked the main stem but plant is budding and healthy lol

1B311B8A-4867-44C9-A5F2-F30EB8A4C80B.jpeg

C4F7409A-8DE8-4152-B639-1B0D23FCB090.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You should take the piebald just to piss of the natives Ted. The "stewards of the land" are decimating the moose here with year round unregulated hunting, and causing havoc in BC stopping any non indigenous entering huge areas (land and water), while this piss poor government does f**k all except give them more money and rights. 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, gazjon5 said:

You should take the piebald just to piss of the natives Ted. The "stewards of the land" are decimating the moose here with year round unregulated hunting, and causing havoc in BC stopping any non indigenous entering huge areas (land and water), while this piss poor government does f**k all except give them more money and rights. 

last march manitoba natives nailed 26 moose in the porcupine forestry here is sask.

the fetus's and gut piles were just dumped on the gravel roads.you cant the keeper of the land doing that shit.

i seen the leftovers when we baited bears earlier this year

• Like 1

There was a large group from manitoba here in wmu 354 last week, arrived with a load of trucks and a reefer trailer from what I have read. Cows, calfs, bulls anything they can get. Sometimes just taking the noses and back legs, trespassing and hunting at night...... and the cops / fish cops do nothing, unreal.

On 05/09/2020 at 09:54, gazjon5 said:

There was a large group from manitoba here in wmu 354 last week, arrived with a load of trucks and a reefer trailer from what I have read. Cows, calfs, bulls anything they can get. Sometimes just taking the noses and back legs, trespassing and hunting at night...... and the cops / fish cops do nothing, unreal.

Moose hunting is banned in Manitoba from what I hear hence the natives heading our way. It’s a right pisser the authorities don’t do what they should.

my ex boss dropped his bull elk on opening day of archery. 

I just got my feet on land I have been trying to get on for 4years. I took a trek thru it today and what a let down. Barely and I mean barely any sign of any game. No scat, tree rubbings or scrapes to be found. Stuck a cam up on a cut line to see if anything passes thru.

one week til bull elk around me opens up. Got 5 buddies who have tags.

AC0C7F24-62DD-4399-8B64-6B26E0E0A7A2.jpeg

• Like 2

Got a lead on some elk. Travelled down to speak with the farmer and he was a good man. No one has asked for permission to hunt his land

YES !!!!!! Perfect.

drove to his oat field to find a few cows already out feeding so Mr bull winkie won’t be far away.

the oat field has been completely destroyed, the elk have licked the crop clean.

track and trails all over the field ?

I am pretty damn excited about this. Bull elk opens Tuesday, mate with the bull tag is heading down today

6CC1AF33-85B9-41FD-BB2A-0295255FCADD.jpeg

4622499E-AD59-459A-BD10-10B18FA5AE53.jpeg

• Like 1

Done a fair bit of scouting around. Seen plenty of cows n calf’s and raghorn spiker bulls.

got too much land permission to cover in one day but hey ho.

alarm set for 4.20am

meeting up at 5.30 sunrise 6.33.

here we go opening day of draw bull elk rifle season

fingers crossed ? 

• Like 1

Right then

3 buddies needed me as a caller and guide of the area.

3 of them had bull tags and one mate has been waiting 14yrs to get drawn.

first day went Pete tong.

second day we split up but one mate had to work. I went out to buy a bear tag which allows me to carry a rifle. I was going to plug a cow for one of the group.

we got to the field we’re we seen cows n calves in the morning and the other lad went west to another piece of land.

i just got settled when I heard two shots, then my phone rang, buddy plugged a bull. So packed me shit up and headed over there.

nice young bull plugged 60 yards in the bush.

we winched the bugger out and I got to work gutting it

by the time we got back to the farm it was too late for another hunt.

one down two to go

F1144239-3866-4A85-A49A-0AD17C32BBD0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1