SportDOG TEK 2.0 GPS Tracking System

8 hours ago, Rebel said:

Hi,

Any lads using this tracking system?

How do you find it, any good?

We currently use the Garmin, but a lot of the collars are giving bother and no joy getting them working.

Thanks

My mate & his father had garmins but after a few kept playing up then they both bought the sport dog tek 2.0 & said they miles better than a garmin mate ? atb cbx

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, chrisbullx said:

My mate & his father had garmins but after a few kept playing up then they both bought the sport dog tek 2.0 & said they miles better than a garmin mate ? atb cbx

Thanks very much, have they had them a while, do they give any bother?

Thanks

I've got the older sport dog tek 1.0 on the lurcher. No problems with reliability at all, just switch it on it takes a few seconds to pick up the gps and it does everything automatically. Only criticisms are it's a bit difficult to tell which way the dog is headed if there's a lot of turns at full gallop and the collar is too big for a lightweight saluki lurcher, but doubt these factors would be an issue for hounds. Had the dog out at well over 2000 metres out on it, no problems losing signal even if I was near to having a heart attack trying to keep up over wet plough. Surprised more people don't use sport dog kit, it's solid, reliable and cheaper than garmin with none of the ballache with computer updates and regional radio frequency laws. 

• Thanks 1
On 28/08/2020 at 23:07, Rebel said:

Hi,

Any lads using this tracking system?

How do you find it, any good?

We currently use the Garmin, but a lot of the collars are giving bother and no joy getting them working.

Thanks

How old are the collars ? What’s the problem with them ? I’ve used Garmin for years and never had a problem what you need to remember with Garmin is the hand held works on gps and the collars work on radio frequency so you will loose signal now and again atb BB 

• 2 years later...

Had the tek 1.5 and in moderate brush it cut out at 500y. Sportdog replaced a collar then antenna, best I ever got was 700y (my ccons clear this in less than a minute!). Was frustrated but liked the training attached so “upgraded “ to the 2.0. Best I ever got was 300y! Sportdog replaced all the same things plus a new hand held but no improvement. Sent back and bought a garmin plus a tractive! Both my Sportdog issues are on YouTube 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...