Thought it was about time my lad had his own nice little shotgun, he’s getting ready for secondary school and it’s in an old market town so I bet there will be a few kids in his year with them!

ive got an old poachers 410 in the cabinet but it’s a single and rickety as hell so I’ve never let him use it. 

so here’s to some good times in the hides and the woods?

took him up to a farm about a mile from the shop just so he could have a go, it was pi55in down so on with dads coat and cap?

it didn’t sit him on his arse and the grin on his face was priceless.. yildiz o/u 410 and a slab of 14g no5’s

00F48D38-BD74-4AD4-9BDA-1EC6512DEB9E.jpeg.36a1f577ecb9e2c57c2e9a748e9c0494.jpeg

BD7E2896-389D-4B3F-A195-1DCC138BC587.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought it was about time my lad had his own nice little shotgun, he’s getting ready for secondary school and it’s in an old market town so I bet there will be a few kids in his year with them! i

Absolutely spot on Si. Good on ya mate, top dad. We don't get long before hanging out with dad isn't cool, so I'm same as you mate & grab every chance I can with them. Maybe I don't shoot as many

Took him to a chicken farm last week and I could see in his face he was mortified cos the 12b is just to big for him! think I’m as happy about it as him now, best thing to come out of this lockdo

Posted Images

Mitch he is a cracking lad

love him to bits mate he is ready for this and i can see him doing good with it

but i cant see si getting out the door now with out him lol

nice one si

Henry iv been at your dad for months to get you one bud

no more just tagging along son now you will be blasting away your self now .

Well happy for you son

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Nice one Si , good times ahead I’m sure ?

Took him to a chicken farm last week and I could see in his face he was mortified cos the 12b is just to big for him!

think I’m as happy about it as him now, best thing to come out of this lockdown was getting to spend more time with the kids when they slackens the restrictions.. been fishing and shooting loads?

lost me loader now?

55989885-CEEA-495F-846B-AF0E9F66C1FD.jpeg.5a55ef1f39d7d527a0a77406eef0e158.jpeg

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Do you want to be my dad ? top man, what a cracking gun for him to learn his craft ?

Haha... recon we’d struggle to pull it off stav, they knock kids out young up here but recon I’d of been at jr school?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, si brown said:

think I’m as happy about it as him now, best thing to come out of this lockdown was getting to spend more time with the kids

Absolutely spot on Si. Good on ya mate, top dad. We don't get long before hanging out with dad isn't cool, so I'm same as you mate & grab every chance I can with them. Maybe I don't shoot as many pigeons as I could have that day, but spending it having laugh with my kids can't compare. 

I was saying similar to someone other day, she moaning can't wait for kids back to school etc I was saying I've loved them being off so long. Difference is mine have been shooting, tree climbing, sheep shearing, fishing, tractor driving, pond dipping, butterfly counting, bird counting, feeding pheasants, plumbing in water troughs, baling etc. Whereas hers have watched telly. Us country folk are weird, eh?? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1