Boots for Hunting?

My Lundhags eventually died after about seven years...well, that's not actually true...the heels and toes have worn out but the rest of the boot is going strong. However, I can't afford to send them back to Sweden for a refit. I did think about all the types mentioned above, including trying on some altbergs in Devon, but in the end I decided to get another pair of Lundhags. 

I'm aware that's more expensive than the refit but, the way I see it, I've now got two pairs of great boots and, when I eventually find a decent cobbler who's prepared to chance it, I'll be able to wear both of them.

On 31/08/2020 at 19:23, Daniel cain said:

I buy these from ebay £35/45... Got 4 seasons out of the last pair... Only f****d them buy wearing in concrete ?

Walk for days in them, keep your feet dry when looked after?Screenshot_20200831-192051.png.ece8d13706b901f6bf05fc12ea8b2260.png

I’ve got a similar pair of haix boots, a tad too small though however,  the grip the soles give is superior to many other boots I’ve owned and find them superior to the alrberg army style boots which weren’t for me, didn’t give much support.

On 28/08/2020 at 09:21, Balaur said:

Get on Cabela's website put in your criteria and look at reviews, atb Joe. 

I visited Bass pro / Outdoor world in Florida earlier in the year . I was like kid in a sweet shop . But while I bought clothing and other bits and pieces the one thing I didn’t rate was the boots . Compared to Meindl , lowa , scarpa , altberg . The quality wasn’t there . I didn’t see one pair of boots there that would last me a season . I’m not one for knocking American stuff , because I admire their hunting and shooting culture . But that is just my opinion.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

I’ve got a similar pair of haix boots, a tad too small though however,  the grip the soles give is superior to many other boots I’ve owned and find them superior to the alrberg army style boots which weren’t for me, didn’t give much support.

I've tried all sorts over the yrs... The worst were harkila, utter f***ing shite, broke them first day on the banjo?I'd pay full price for the hiax if I needed but grade ones for the money are ideal for knocking around with the dogs.. 4 seasons for £40 is well worth it.. My mates don't hunt, but have a pair each for fishing, great for slippery River  bank's... And no more moaning their feet are cold ?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've tried all sorts over the yrs... The worst were harkila, utter f***ing shite, broke them first day on the banjo?I'd pay full price for the hiax if I needed but grade ones for the money are ideal for knocking around with the dogs.. 4 seasons for £40 is well worth it.. My mates don't hunt, but have a pair each for fishing, great for slippery River  bank's... And no more moaning their feet are cold ?

I got a pair bnib from a Marine mate, £40 knock the Lowas into a cocked hat. Had em a few years but only started wearing them last season, Lowas lasted 2 years before they cracked and the soles wore down quite quickly also.

Cheers, D.

D, in all honesty I won't buy any other boots now.... I told you they was good boots?I've worn them in the river upto my bollocks.... If my socks hadn't been sticking out the top my feet would of stayed dry?clean them once a week and I rub liquid paraffin to waterproof.... I never found my lowas comfortable when on all day... Don't even know I'm wearing the hiax?

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

D, in all honesty I won't buy any other boots now.... I told you they was good boots?I've worn them in the river upto my bollocks.... If my socks hadn't been sticking out the top my feet would of stayed dry?clean them once a week and I rub liquid paraffin to waterproof.... I never found my lowas comfortable when on all day... Don't even know I'm wearing the hiax?

I agree. Have you changed your number mate?

Cheers, D.