Hunting with the catapult

Just now, Greyman said:

Do you shoot firearms mr Wilkes, reason I ask is as I don’t use firearms so I never seek permission, ?

I recently sold all I have but still retain the ticket , the reason for the bit of permo is I have a reason for being out if I’m stopped ?

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 14:59, Mr Wilkes said:

I recently sold all I have but still retain the ticket , the reason for the bit of permo is I have a reason for being out if I’m stopped ?

Put a couple of trail cams in a rucksack and say your filming nature, never fails, ??also get loads of perm if you offer to put one up in gateways That’s being fly tipped, it’s a door opener mate ?

• Like 2
On 29/08/2020 at 10:19, Sayosen said:

Usually when I go out with my catty and I mean just taking it from my home to a place I could shoot it I don't even keep the bands attached until I get to the place I could safely use it, this because I know that even though you are aloud to take it with you, you still have to have. A good reason for it, my story at the moment being target practice, there are a lot of nice woodland here where I live, so much small game rabbit, pigion etc, but I don't hunt any because I don't know where or who to talk to about permision! I will look more into this, but thank you for the answers! 

Naebody should be friskin ye doon tae know if it hus a band on or no. I wouldnae stress so much big yin. Just dae yer thing and try stay oot of eye shot. Its been said awready, but offer pest control for yer pot, nae cash needed. Most farmers i know are mer than happy tae let ye.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Tartan Terrier said:

Naebody should be friskin ye doon tae know if it hus a band on or no. I wouldnae stress so much big yin. Just dae yer thing and try stay oot of eye shot. Its been said awready, but offer pest control for yer pot, nae cash needed. Most farmers i know are mer than happy tae let ye.

That's true, but I haven't seen many farmers around, hopefully I will find some who will give me permission, until then I am just careful of what I do, usually I just hunt wood pigion, and I always have this bad feeling that someone will stop and ask me on what's in my bag or why I am in that area, I would like to get in an argument over a wood pigion, but thank you for all the ideas you guys give me ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Greyman said:

If someone stops you and asks what’s in your bag or what your doing in the area, simply remind them we are in the uk not the ussr then if they still remain curious a simple f**k right off will suffice ?

I remember, many years ago, when I lived in Cumbria and was walking from Coniston to Torver to do some sketching. I had all my art materials in an old gas mask bag and my 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound on the lead. I walked past a bloke pulled up in a car talking to a couple of primary school aged girls and noticed a police car going up and down the road a couple of times and assumed they'd clocked the bloke too. Lo and behold they were going up and down because of me having a lurcher...not the weird bloke chatting up school girls. When they pulled me over and asked what I had in my bag (no doubt expecting me to admit to carrying a ferret and some purse nets) I happily said, "a sketch box and a tin of oil pastels." In hindsight I've always wished I'd refused to tell them just to see the embarrassment on their faces when they'd seen what was in there back at Hawkshead police station.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Greyman said:

If someone stops you and asks what’s in your bag or what your doing in the area, simply remind them we are in the uk not the ussr then if they still remain curious a simple f**k right off will suffice ?

But would you really get in trouble if police let's say catch you with a pigion or a rabbit? Could you like invent a permission for that or? With the rest of the curious people I get the idea of telling them to f..k off, mainly dog walkers will keep their eyes on you and wonder why you around. 

1 hour ago, Sayosen said:

But would you really get in trouble if police let's say catch you with a pigion or a rabbit? Could you like invent a permission for that or? With the rest of the curious people I get the idea of telling them to f..k off, mainly dog walkers will keep their eyes on you and wonder why you around. 

Am getting the feeling we are talking about the very basics of deception and blending in, when I go for an urban walk if I see a single male unaccompanied by a dog in a park my first thoughts are is there kids about and is this fecker watching them, especially if you are trying to  hide in bush,s can see that really going wrong mate, the more guilty you are feeling the more guilty you will look, when I walk in a park or somewhere a bit public, I carry my catty in my hands ready to fire if I’m after a shot, fork in one hand loaded pouch in the other then fold my arms as I,m walking, if I see something unfold arms take shot and walk on it’s a 25 second procedure most people even walking have an iPhone on the end of there nose and won’t notice, maybe if you have an old neighbour offer to walk there dog for them, also any game found on your person was dead on the floor when you found it, no law stopping you taking it home to eat ✌️✌️

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Am getting the feeling we are talking about the very basics of deception and blending in, when I go for an urban walk if I see a single male unaccompanied by a dog in a park my first thoughts are is there kids about and is this fecker watching them, especially if you are trying to  hide in bush,s can see that really going wrong mate, the more guilty you are feeling the more guilty you will look, when I walk in a park or somewhere a bit public, I carry my catty in my hands ready to fire if I’m after a shot, fork in one hand loaded pouch in the other then fold my arms as I,m walking, if I see something unfold arms take shot and walk on it’s a 25 second procedure most people even walking have an iPhone on the end of there nose and won’t notice, maybe if you have an old neighbour offer to walk there dog for them, also any game found on your person was dead on the floor when you found it, no law stopping you taking it home to eat ✌️✌️

OK, so as long as I am careful about it, yes it's true that many people tend not to see or basically don't notice you, but this was always in the back of my mind and I had to ask, thank you again for the advice, not sure how I will explain dead game found and taken home, but I hope I won't need to explain myself on that matter in the future ??