3 hours ago, Balaur said:

I think the veterinary industry needs to re evaluate itself, they're making an absolute fortune from poorly bred dogs, marketing over priced diet food, and hitting people for a grand for a few stitches . I've struggled to get anywhere near a decent affordable vet in Devon, three were recommended sadly one had passed away, another was a witch doctor and third has a waiting list and hasn't got back after 12 months. The others have just been incompetent and over priced. I've seen three assistants putting on a simple dressing, why? Because they charge such ridiculous fees they can fill a surgery with unnecessary staff, Ive voted with my feet three times now , I'm trying to find a farm vet or such like that doesn't want to know about insurance before offering advice or solutions. I honestly believe there is an element of cruelty to increase productivity in the Industry, and they're more than happy to make people make a choice between poor house or unnecessary treatment. Anyway, hopefully something changes in the near future...even getting a prescription so I could avoid them charged me £50 for the dog walking on scales and a stethoscope placed on dog, and called it a health check, when I've passports that show previous meds etc. Just vile imo , another one tried to tell me it was expensive because of general anesthesia when in fact it was local but the bill stayed the same, rant over. Hope the dog heals well. 

We have one decent vet near me, who works out of an old barn and is not part of a massive franchise, but your dog will die of old age before you can see him as his waiting list is so long, the big franchise vets have bought up every other practice for miles around and filled them with over priced pc toss pots that are more interested in who docked your dogs tail than giving a good service ??

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Balaur said:

I think the veterinary industry needs to re evaluate itself, they're making an absolute fortune from poorly bred dogs, marketing over priced diet food, and hitting people for a grand for a few stitches . I've struggled to get anywhere near a decent affordable vet in Devon, three were recommended sadly one had passed away, another was a witch doctor and third has a waiting list and hasn't got back after 12 months. The others have just been incompetent and over priced. I've seen three assistants putting on a simple dressing, why? Because they charge such ridiculous fees they can fill a surgery with unnecessary staff, Ive voted with my feet three times now , I'm trying to find a farm vet or such like that doesn't want to know about insurance before offering advice or solutions. I honestly believe there is an element of cruelty to increase productivity in the Industry, and they're more than happy to make people make a choice between poor house or unnecessary treatment. Anyway, hopefully something changes in the near future...even getting a prescription so I could avoid them charged me £50 for the dog walking on scales and a stethoscope placed on dog, and called it a health check, when I've passports that show previous meds etc. Just vile imo , another one tried to tell me it was expensive because of general anesthesia when in fact it was local but the bill stayed the same, rant over. Hope the dog heals well. 

I believe there's a decent one in Lydford area, think she's called Gillian? I'll try and remember, Chillaton? HTH

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...