Electric Hedge Trimmers?

I've  had a cheap qualcast cordless battery hedge trimmer for a couple of years now and its sound ,the battery lasts a hour + which is plenty for my needs...cordless all the way now ?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Balaur said:

DeWalt have the best range by far, I'm looking at Milwaukee gear but if I had use for more than drill/grinder/impact etc I'd head for DeWalt, also most on sites use DeWalt and I think it'll be easier to keep hold of batteries and chargers with Milwaukee.

Ryobi  now do a full range of kit that all uses the same battery’s and charger which is a massive bonus as the others all use a variety of battery’s and chargers ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

DeWalt have the best range by far, I'm looking at Milwaukee gear but if I had use for more than drill/grinder/impact etc I'd head for DeWalt, also most on sites use DeWalt and I think it'll be easier to keep hold of batteries and chargers with Milwaukee.

Milwaukee is very popular among mechanics.

3 hours ago, Balaur said:

All i use is milwaukee gear. Mainly because work buy them all for me as they are pricey but worth every penny I work in a heavy steel environment and last for years with no probs. 

We had dewalt and they didn't last any where near as long before the died. Battery's didn't last as long as milwaukee. 

Also a added bonus with milwaukee is they now have built in GPS trackers so if they go missing you can find them 

• Like 1

I've got the same one as Bosun. We have over 100 metres of hedges of all sorts from forsythia and robin red to blackthorn and a lot of privet. It is two years old and still working brilliantly. I'll have it sharpened and serviced at the end of the season and it should be good for a few years yet.

• Like 1

Well, lads, it's done. I've spent all afternoon on fukking google and amazon. Even rang a shop.

Not long since said 'Fukk it!' and sent for a Bosch AHS 480 - 16. Not my first choice. But, for my purposes, it should do :)

Remember; I just want to clip back the fast, but feathery, new growth on a very well established cotoneaster. About one grade above paper then.

Now, Bosun, with his Hawthorn there?! Fukk, yeah! I've got my Husky chain saw for That shit! :o

Ahh. Tool Snobbery! The old ~ So old! ~ Lidl vs DeWalt thing :D Trades vs a man who just wants to get the odd job done.

My man; I have tools, in my workshop, of about half the makes out there. I Know, for a fact, the Best amongst them are the ones that Finish the Next fukking job! ;)

Waste some time on this:

I saw an earlier version. DeWalt are now made in China. End of, for me. I'd as soon give Draper my money.

Anyway, I've bought my corded trimmer now. Case closed. Y'all feel free to argue brands and cord/less amongst each other till long after I'm dead and gone :)

• Like 1

I'll be honest, prior to buying those Stihl hedgies, i'd used a set of old Black & Decker electric ones for about 8 years that i was given on a freebee from THLPatrick. Kept sharp and well oiled, they tackled these hawthorn hedges well, when it was a mess (I'd be letting it grow out to thicken it) I'd cut through the cable so many times it ended up about 5 foot long!

Finally (and sadly) they gave up the ghost and as my brother had a swanky new set of petrol Stihl trimmers, so i used his for a season.

I feckin hated them, loud and heavy, they were not for me.

A chance trip to the BIGGA convention in Harrogate and as we were looking at Stihl chainsaws for work, we ended up buying a couple of the new battery saws and i got a deal on those trimmers!

I just hope, for the money, they see me out but if they don't, it'll be good 'ol Black & Decker for me again..!!!

20200601_102308.jpg