cheeky couple of hours.

I couldn't resist getting out for a couple of hours tonight with the wind blowing like it is and the rain fall we've had lately it was certainly worth a trip out.

Still warm with lots of cover about so it was a case of selecting my rabbits, catch a couple then stop to paunch them so the dog could have a breather then catch a couple more. Went at it steady as the little bitch has just turned 17 months. Ended on a high not with 21 out of the 23 caught in the bag.  Called it a night due to the temperature.

20200826_015441.jpg.2891116654bd24ad8eee9bbf3acb881a.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, trigger2 said:

I couldn't resist getting out for a couple of hours tonight with the wind blowing like it is and the rain fall we've had lately it was certainly worth a trip out.

Still warm with lots of cover about so it was a case of selecting my rabbits, catch a couple then stop to paunch them so the dog could have a breather then catch a couple more. Went at it steady as the little bitch has just turned 17 months. Ended on a high not with 21 out of the 23 caught in the bag.  Called it a night due to the temperature.

Well done 

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Excellent start for young bitch mate, had an hour out meself with young kelpiex, be rude not to tbh in this wind a an rain, she done okay but lot work to do, excitement got better of her a few times haha 

You couldn't have asked for a much better night than that to get her out learning on that's for sure.

43 minutes ago, white van man said:

Well done Trigger. Was a perfect night for it. Like you say, a good night to get the youngsters going. Had her sister out last night too. Youngest lad was itching to get out more than me and the dogs! 

FDE02F6B-212A-45BD-9EBC-E0053B6CD311.jpeg

Looks likes everything’s going to plan with her mate. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, trigger2 said:

Well done trigger ?how’s pup bred ?

brill that Trig , only dropping  2 that good going mate, even for any  dog that knows the score.  and i know you try to pick her the best rabbits for her :thumbs:  , she be bang on round jan, when numbers are low with rabbits , she do well.:yes:   sounds like she got good stamina  in those conditions  , and good agility , she on par with old bryn  with  agilty/wind or better  would you say ?  he 13 next week , limps with his arthritis in his left wrist, but till likes his mooch every day with Buck and woody, Buck 8 now, think woody about 10 the little shit lol  

1 hour ago, bird said:

brill that Trig , only dropping  2 that good going mate, even for any  dog that knows the score.  and i know you try to pick her the best rabbits for her :thumbs:  , she be bang on round jan, when numbers are low with rabbits , she do well.:yes:   sounds like she got good stamina  in those conditions  , and good agility , she on par with old bryn  with  agilty/wind or better  would you say ?  he 13 next week , limps with his arthritis in his left wrist, but till likes his mooch every day with Buck and woody, Buck 8 now, think woody about 10 the little shit lol  

Cheers ray. She will have better stamina than bryn I would say mate, she wanted more last night but I called it a night due to all the circumstances, weather time of year etc. 
bryns been a good old dog over the years from what I’ve seen. Can’t believe bucks 8 I remember him catching his first rabbit only seems like a couple of year ago.

9 hours ago, white van man said:

Well done Trigger. Was a perfect night for it. Like you say, a good night to get the youngsters going. Had her sister out last night too. Youngest lad was itching to get out more than me and the dogs! 

FDE02F6B-212A-45BD-9EBC-E0053B6CD311.jpeg

Great stuff. Good to see the boy out aswell

1 minute ago, trigger2 said:

Thanks, the weather conditions and time of year played there part also.

To right there was some serious wind.

Let's hope for more weather like that through the season ?

• Like 1