Rabbit dog

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3/4 whippet 1/4 irish terrier 

Dog should catch on any land be it fast ground to moors if it cant no worth a f..k

Everytime a dog goes out lamping its in danger of serious injury wherever you go ?

Posted Images

Agree that your ground is important. Most dogs are good in pasture grass or low crops where rabbit has a hard time if the dog turns it off its normal run. Different on short flat grass for example my current Collie x is totally outclassed in drag races with rabbits on local sports fields while a whippet cross I had many years ago was superb in similar circumstances

• Like 1

beddyx whippetx collie grey, somthing  23-25in 50 odd lb , deff need good coat on it,a cold wet night  when lamping, or if standing about ferreting a dog soon feel it. i never forgot the one day ferreting in feb , had my old lurcher x lurcher bitch out, she was most greyhound with bit of  whippet and collie, but she had  the greyhound type coat, norm lamping she was ok , as she be on the move, but standing about she started to get cold. i had to put a old coat on her back, which did help a bit. was qyite funny really, as had couple bolts and she run after the rabbit, with my coat on her, me coat just flew off lol, but she caught the rabbits, got  a 14 then packed up, she was glad to get back in motor  lol, so deff a good type coat is what look for for a rabbit dog, both my dogs have good thick coats on them, one 1/2 collie x grey, the other 1/2 Alsatian x grey 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, bird said:

beddyx whippetx collie grey, somthing  23-25in 50 odd lb , deff need good coat on it,a cold wet night  when lamping, or if standing about ferreting a dog soon feel it. i never forgot the one day ferreting in feb , had my old lurcher x lurcher bitch out, she was most greyhound with bit of  whippet and collie, but she had  the greyhound type coat, norm lamping she was ok , as she be on the move, but standing about she started to get cold. i had to put a old coat on her back, which did help a bit. was qyite funny really, as had couple bolts and she run after the rabbit, with my coat on her, me coat just flew off lol, but she caught the rabbits, got  a 14 then packed up, she was glad to get back in motor  lol, so deff a good type coat is what look for for a rabbit dog, both my dogs have good thick coats on them, one 1/2 collie x grey, the other 1/2 Alsatian x grey 

He’s bred that way but useless so far! I would like to try a grew in the future definitely. Think would suit the small fields near me where you don’t see a lot anyway. 

1606070E-AE22-496C-8E51-75EC2A240C20.png