From Russia with love

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing i still cant work out about the Whyte/Povetkin fight was why there was no count ??......the result was announced as a tko but it wasnt a technical knock out it was a clear cut knock out.....

The only man in the world that can call himself a dick on a public forum and think he’s winning the argument ,??????

By the way you are aware that Boycie was the rich successful one and Trigger was the dullard,the dope ?.....i mean i,ll take that all day long but i dont think you quite understand the...............o

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Greb147 said:

"What do you want for dinner Big John?" 

"FISH FISH" 

"FISH FISH

" FISH"

"FISH FISH" 

"FISH FISH" 

"FISH FISH FISH FISH" 

"FISH" 

"Do you want a rice cake with that John?" 

That was the sort of punch i,ll never get tired of watching it was technically perfect from Povetkin,the type of shot you could throw a hundred times and never land but the one time you land it theres nobody who is getting up from it.....the way he slipped on the inside and shifted his weight was made for the left hook to the body but to turn it into an uppercut was just beautiful to watch.....orgasmic even ?....i was chatting to an ex footballer this morning who made a great analogy he said it was like a footballer standing 30 yards out from goal and someone picking him out from a corner and just smashing it in the top corner on the volley....he said even with no goalkeeper its a one in a hundred chance at full power...placing it yes,but not at full power......that one punch alone was worth paying a score on ppv.

As for Whyte,....thats heavyweight boxing im afraid.....once again it proves that the most succesful fighters are the ones who dont fight.....i admire Whytes desire and enjoyment of a fight,learning and testing himself......but the reality is that once you reach the elite level of heavyweight boxing you will go further by avoiding fights than taking them !

• Like 3

Just thinking of Povetkin, he's had a great career all things considering. His resume is very good and he has some impressive wins. 

Yes he has lost his two biggest fights but his loss to Wlad was disgusting. Wlad should have been disqualified for excessive holding and leaning, disgusting tactics. 

He lost to AJ whilst clearly faded at the back end of his career, last night was another highlight on his impressive knockout reel. 

Whyte rolled the dice and came unstuck, Povetkin has earned a title shot with that win. 

Edited by Greb147
16 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

I will be honest, I have only seen a couple of fights from both. From what I've seen I don't think either gives him any bother.

Dubois has potential but both physically and Rep not big enough yet.

Joyce I just don't think is up to standard. Joyce is a British level fighter, not world. I'd put him in mix with price and Dave Allen. Really don't rate him at all.

If 6'6" and 250lb ain't big enough then I don't know what is!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

That was the sort of punch i,ll never get tired of watching it was technically perfect from Povetkin,the type of shot you could throw a hundred times and never land but the one time you land it theres nobody who is getting up from it.....the way he slipped on the inside and shifted his weight was made for the left hook to the body but to turn it into an uppercut was just beautiful to watch.....orgasmic even ?....i was chatting to an ex footballer this morning who made a great analogy he said it was like a footballer standing 30 yards out from goal and someone picking him out from a corner and just smashing it in the top corner on the volley....he said even with no goalkeeper its a one in a hundred chance at full power...placing it yes,but not at full power......that one punch alone was worth paying a score on ppv.

As for Whyte,....thats heavyweight boxing im afraid.....once again it proves that the most succesful fighters are the ones who dont fight.....i admire Whytes desire and enjoyment of a fight,learning and testing himself......but the reality is that once you reach the elite level of heavyweight boxing you will go further by avoiding fights than taking them !

Wasn't it a thing of beauty ,?? 

Quality from a modern day heavyweight! Who would of thought it .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

He has ' but the politics that spoil the game will dictate otherwise.

Again she's a good boxer but Katie Taylor lost last night imo 

Ita disgusting when politics dictates who wins or loses unless a knockout settles it .

Don't agree with that, although persoon was coming forward all fight I think Taylor landed the better shots and was the better boxer. But it was a close fight, closer than some of the judges had it

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Liamboy said:

Don't agree with that, although persoon was coming forward all fight I think Taylor landed the better shots and was the better boxer. But it was a close fight, closer than some of the judges had it

I missed the first 2/3 rounds so cant call the whole match but from what I saw Taylor lost, persoon threw more, landed more and dictated the fight, Taylor landed the odd nice shot here and there but they had no effect whatsoever while eating plenty bombs herself.

Still don't like women's boxing and despite these being the elite they both seemed to revert to kind of cat fighting style at times when it got scrappy. O my ever seen that in the men's pro game on these "doesn't belong in the ring" type vids on YouTube.

29 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

I missed the first 2/3 rounds so cant call the whole match but from what I saw Taylor lost, persoon threw more, landed more and dictated the fight, Taylor landed the odd nice shot here and there but they had no effect whatsoever while eating plenty bombs herself.

Still don't like women's boxing and despite these being the elite they both seemed to revert to kind of cat fighting style at times when it got scrappy. O my ever seen that in the men's pro game on these "doesn't belong in the ring" type vids on YouTube.

Watch the full fight then, correct decision imo. And as for Taylors shots having no effect whatsoever, did you not see that state of Persons face after the fight?

13 minutes ago, Liamboy said:

Watch the full fight then, correct decision imo. And as for Taylors shots having no effect whatsoever, did you not see that state of Persons face after the fight?

Means nothing,she just prob marks up easy,and besides Taylor looked like she was trying to grow a second head out her forehead after aswell. I'm not that interested to watch it again but even if Taylor won all the rounds I missed I'd favour the other. Persoon landed more and harder shots and they had a bigger effect on Taylor than vice versa. Landing technically better shots is great and all but not if your opponent is hitting you with 3 or 4 shots for everyone you land.

That said she accepted defeat so fair do's to both. 

P.s still don't like women fighting ?

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Liamboy said:

There was a lot of head clashes in the first 2/3 rounds with Persoon coming off worst in most of them but Taylor also had a big lump on her head from these clashes. I thought Persoon had won again with her work rate and forcing the fight but Taylor did do the tidier work. This fight was more scrappy than the first so a lot of rounds could have gone either way but the score card of Victor Loughlin of 93-98 was miles off imo .

• Like 1

Im no fan of womens boxing and that fight was a good example why....Taylor clearly won the fight but by sheer volume of punches the other girl made it look close....but they were the type of punches you can jump in and throw with no fear of whats coming back,maybe women just dont have the explosive power to warrant apprehension about letting your own shots go.....in the mens game the old saying is " dont just make him miss make him pay for missing "....but that doesnt seem to apply in womens boxing that Persoon girl had a great engine and not much else she knew she could abandon technique as she wouldnt be made to pay for missing.