new hw110 diary

2 hours ago, villaman said:

Same as Phil , can’t see the point of dreamline , much prefer impact , crown or wildcat 

The crown is my favourite fx really, and I was going to get one. However, when I realised the ability and versatility of the impact mk2 I had a bit of a rethink. Still might get a crown though.??

• Like 2

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well finally got my self a hw 110 been after one for about a year but every time I get the cash something house or car related comes up. Well not this time typical get home and it windy as hell

Just picked up my new 110k in .177 flavour,  a thorough barrel clean and fit the Airmax compact 30.  An all in weight of 3.6kg including the scope so now ready for zeroing and pellet testing next week

Thats it im having one in 22 but its got to be the gray im afraid feck the big hole in the stock ill just have to get used to it lol atvbjimmy

Posted Images

On 28/08/2020 at 18:27, Dervburner said:

The crown is my favourite fx really, and I was going to get one. However, when I realised the ability and versatility of the impact mk2 I had a bit of a rethink. Still might get a crown though.??

Iv had both in sub 12

and the crown is way above the impact imop

and must be out standing in fac

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20190731_161345.jpg

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0050 (2).JPG

• Like 1

Yep, I love the crown, and in a 12ft lb version Id choose it over the impact. It’s at fac level that I think the impact has the edge (versatility wise) over the crown. The impact can use a longer barrel more comfortably than the crown. I saw a crown with a 700mm barrel and it looked an unwieldy piece that could easily sustain damage as well. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Yep, I love the crown, and in a 12ft lb version Id choose it over the impact. It’s at fac level that I think the impact has the edge (versatility wise) over the crown. The impact can use a longer barrel more comfortably than the crown. I saw a crown with a 700mm barrel and it looked an unwieldy piece that could easily sustain damage as well. 

Got to say dont think i ever pulled the barrel out on my crown

when out shooting i liked it in and out the way

the crown is a long rifle to start with lol

• Like 1

If.......IF I had some spare dosh, a Crown in .22 fac would be in my cabinet for sure.  I am not a lover of long rifles at all as I find them out of balance BUT the Crown is so lightweight in the shoulder with a balance to die for, in my opinion, there is no other air rifle that can hold a candle to it in terms of handling when comparing to other long rifles.  Just my opinion.

Phil

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, philpot said:

If.......IF I had some spare dosh, a Crown in .22 fac would be in my cabinet for sure.  I am not a lover of long rifles at all as I find them out of balance BUT the Crown is so lightweight in the shoulder with a balance to die for, in my opinion, there is no other air rifle that can hold a candle to it in terms of handling when comparing to other long rifles.  Just my opinion.

Phil

The crown dose what it says on the tin

and a 100yrd shot is no longer out the picture with a sub 12 rifle some thing i proved with my crown

when at si,s

30 minutes ago, philpot said:

Phil

Still thinking of getting another crown in sub 12

but if id of had my fac id have both impact and crown

having had a good few shots of si,s and a few nights shooting with pavs impact and thermal scope

i know how good they are in fac levals

si and pav were with me when i used them by the way lol

• 2 weeks later...