new hw110 diary

14 minutes ago, villaman said:

Wtf does that mean ?

Light in weight I think Mitch.

I don't recall the .22 110k I had being as loud but I will compare it when I go back in the rfd as I am taking a few Weihrauch rifles into the range and test a 100 mod on this one and if it's quieter, there will be a 100 with a different look ?

Phil

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well finally got my self a hw 110 been after one for about a year but every time I get the cash something house or car related comes up. Well not this time typical get home and it windy as hell

Just picked up my new 110k in .177 flavour,  a thorough barrel clean and fit the Airmax compact 30.  An all in weight of 3.6kg including the scope so now ready for zeroing and pellet testing next week

Thats it im having one in 22 but its got to be the gray im afraid feck the big hole in the stock ill just have to get used to it lol atvbjimmy

Posted Images

6 hours ago, philpot said:

Light in weight I think Mitch.

I don't recall the .22 110k I had being as loud but I will compare it when I go back in the rfd as I am taking a few Weihrauch rifles into the range and test a 100 mod on this one and if it's quieter, there will be a 100 with a different look ?

Phil

.177 will be noisier than .22 Phil 

needs more air to fire that little pellet 

52 minutes ago, sam r said:

Good choice love my 110 , you won’t regret it 

B3FDF5CF-5568-40BC-B747-7013F583193A.jpeg

It's my second one Sam so I am looking forward to getting on the ferals with it.

2 hours ago, villaman said:

.177 will be noisier than .22 Phil 

needs more air to fire that little pellet 

Of course Mitch, I was not thinking, the .177 has more of a bark, it has been quite some time since I had a sub12  .177.  I just popped out in the garden to blow a couple of pellets through and it's fine. I shot it yesterday in rain from inside my doorway which obviously made more difference than I thought.  All good, basic zeroing in the garden this morning as it is not raining and the wind has reduced a tad but way too windy to take onto one of the farms to zero so a bit of fun for now.

Phil

39 minutes ago, philpot said:

It's my second one Sam so I am looking forward to getting on the ferals with it.

Of course Mitch, I was not thinking, the .177 has more of a bark, it has been quite some time since I had a sub12  .177.  I just popped out in the garden to blow a couple of pellets through and it's fine. I shot it yesterday in rain from inside my doorway which obviously made more difference than I thought.  All good, basic zeroing in the garden this morning as it is not raining and the wind has reduced a tad but way too windy to take onto one of the farms to zero so a bit of fun for now.

Phil

Come down to my 80+ yard indoor range ?

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Where are you Phil, waiting for you , oh hang on , it must take ages On your Mobility Scooter:rofl::thumbs:

Don't you bloody start, my son in law brought one round the other day that he bought to sell on and said it was for me.  Must admit I did have a little ride on it.......................great fun but I want one with off road wheels ?

Phil

• Haha 1

Just been pellet testing this morning on the indoor 25mt range as it is still blowing a gale so no point in trying outside.  Pellets tested, JSB Exact,  JSB Heavy,  Bis Mags and AA Express.   JSB Heavy and the Bis Mags were not as good as the others so a bit more testing on those rwo and the result was Exact were better by a tiny margin but I would be happy to use either the Exacts or express pellets.

I was never convinced that using the lighter  pellet were that good but both Mitch and Mark swear by them so I may try them on the ferals when the winds have dropped down.  

Phil

33 minutes ago, philpot said:

Just been pellet testing this morning on the indoor 25mt range as it is still blowing a gale so no point in trying outside.  Pellets tested, JSB Exact,  JSB Heavy,  Bis Mags and AA Express.   JSB Heavy and the Bis Mags were not as good as the others so a bit more testing on those rwo and the result was Exact were better by a tiny margin but I would be happy to use either the Exacts or express pellets.

I was never convinced that using the lighter  pellet were that good but both Mitch and Mark swear by them so I may try them on the ferals when the winds have dropped down.  

Phil

Thats it im having one in 22

but its got to be the gray im afraid

feck the big hole in the stock ill just have to get used to it lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 3

I am sure you will get used to the hole Jimmy, certainly at your age anyway. ?

I had a chat with a guy at Hull Cartridge yesterday as I wanted to increase trigger pull weight a little as it is very light but they don't really move more than perhaps an ounce and while talking to him, I asked if it was possible to buy a laminated stock at a later date if I wanted one, £400 so needless to say, that is out of the window.   The lam is cracking Jimmy.

Phil

• Like 1

Just seen a black stock for the 110k Jimmy on another forum for £70 so if you got the laminate stock, you could get the black one to use in the rough stuff and preserve the laminate.  Had I seen this for sale before I bought my 110k, I would have bought the laminate and this black one as well.

Food for thought Jimmy.

Phil

• Like 2
2 hours ago, philpot said:

Just seen a black stock for the 110k Jimmy on another forum for £70 so if you got the laminate stock, you could get the black one to use in the rough stuff and preserve the laminate.  Had I seen this for sale before I bought my 110k, I would have bought the laminate and this black one as well.

Food for thought Jimmy.

Phil

They are nice, I’m holding out for green synthetic. Those dreamline lite look interesting though. Don’t know much about them mind.

19 hours ago, Dervburner said:

They are nice, I’m holding out for green synthetic. Those dreamline lite look interesting though. Don’t know much about them mind.

I think I would simply get the Wildcat Mk3, can't quite see the point of the Dreamline myself but we all like different things.

Phil

• Like 1