Walther RM8 or Artemis M16

Hi guys.

I've been looking for a decent budget price PCP In 22 calibre and I think that I've narrowed It down to 2 rifles. The Walter RM8 or the Artemis M16. Both rifles have their good and bad points, so I just thought that I'd ask for your opinions before I decide.

Cheers lads. 

Edited by mjr88

20 minutes ago, si brown said:

Personally I’d go with the m16!

the walther weighs a ton and I’ve had 3 bust ones on the bench in the last couple of months. 

This Is one of the reasons why I'm not sure about the RM8. Apparently there's a lot of cycling and bolt Issues on some guns. I've even heard that a few people having problems with the magazine being damaged due to being Inserted too hard. 

6 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Have you considered the gamo’s or hatsan’s ?  A friend of mine has a hatsan at44-10 and for the money I was impressed.

No, not really. But I'll look Into It. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mjr88 said:

This Is one of the reasons why I'm not sure about the RM8. Apparently there's a lot of cycling and bolt Issues on some guns. I've even heard that a few people having problems with the magazine being damaged due to being Inserted too hard. 

There renowned for cycling problems and shite regs.. had one with a snapped cocking lever a few weeks back... told the bloke to flog it while it was Still working 

Thanks for the replies and Info guys. And I think that I'm definitely leaning towards the Artemis M16. The only annoying things that I've heard about that rifle Is the safety catch on the trigger, having to manually poke each pellet Into each slot In the magazine, and the supplied moderator that can't be changed due to the non standard moderator thread. But for £385 brand new, I reckon the M16 has got to be worth a shot ?

Edited by mjr88
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, mjr88 said:

Thanks for the replies and Info guys. And I think that I'm definitely leaning towards the Artemis M16. The only annoying things that I've heard about that rifle Is the safety catch on the trigger, having to manually poke each pellet Into each slot In the magazine, and the supplied moderator that can't be changed due to the non standard moderator thread. But for £385 brand new, I reckon the M16 has got to be worth a shot ?

Just had a look at them. Looks like they’re worth a punt at the price. Hope you get on ok with it fella??

I had an RM8 a few years back, shocking piece of trash, couldn't wait to get rid.  The regulator was useless with power output running from 9.4 - 11.6fpe and unless you have it on bench rest forget it, long heavy barrel and air cylinder..........................save your money.

Phil

17 hours ago, timmytree said:

+1 for the Gamo range, Coyote, GX 40 or Phox are way better than just about anything else in the price range. Good shot count, made by BSA in Birmingham.

The only bits definitely Gamo are the trigger and maybe the black stocks. Trigger can be made beautiful by replacing the 2nd stage screw with an M3.5 by 10.

Power adjustment is easy if needed. Good shot count and very consistent.

You won't find many reports of problems either. 

My pal bought a Gammo Phox a few months ago as he gave his son his sub12, he rates the Phox very highly and if you like the longer gun, I agree, it is spot on for the money.

Phil