Glass back???

22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Its the same as anything maintenance or repair......people would rather throw money at something once it breaks than put themself out to maintain it.....body,car,machine if its got moving parts you have to maintain it.....you cant expect to put regular stress through delicate parts of the body without a reaction thats why you have to maintain the body on a regular basis....disc degeneration sets in quite early in life if you have shifted weights around it will be even earlier usually lower spine around L4/L5 .....the key is maintenance,understanding and listening to your body.......suppleness,a strong core and staying well hydrated......in short,dont let it get to " shit.... my back is f****d "

I thought I was superman and always scoffed at blokes moaning about this and that. 

It happened when he was at my leanest and whilst I was going to the gym 3 days a week, I'd like to know if deadlifting caused it or work. 

I suppose that really doesn't matter now but the sooner I fix it the better, that's of course if I can. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know a fella had a bad back 40 years ,did it shagging ,big strong bugger he is too ,6ft 2in and 12st 10 ..

Stem Cell treatment is going to replace a lot of surgeries over the coming years for disc degeneration and herniation...things like spinal fusions will be in the past i recently heard of a case where

When I go shooting in damp conditions I like to lie on the ground to take my shots But without fail a couple of days later I end up with back spasms in my lumber and a really painful ache around the m

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, smithie said:

My lower  backs been bad on  and off for 25 year. I recently found this head cream. It's no fix but it helps 

20200820_141127.jpg

My Mrs used to sell all there products. ..

I can't do back squats at all now....I can't get in position due to my shoulders being fecked.....so I front squat. ..

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Its the same as anything maintenance or repair......people would rather throw money at something once it breaks than put themself out to maintain it.....body,car,machine if its got moving parts you have to maintain it.....you cant expect to put regular stress through delicate parts of the body without a reaction thats why you have to maintain the body on a regular basis....disc degeneration sets in quite early in life if you have shifted weights around it will be even earlier usually lower spine around L4/L5 .....the key is maintenance,understanding and listening to your body.......suppleness,a strong core and staying well hydrated......in short,dont let it get to " shit.... my back is f****d "

spot on Gnash, funny thing mate though , the worst thing for your lower back, is carrying weight, meaning being over weight . it will put pressure on your lower back , same as having  gut, most people today are. the only 2 things i found helps , is swimming  and a big one ( posture ), you deff got hold your self up right , but like been said on this post , once your backd gone norm , it always as a weakness  there , i afraid you just got to bite the bullet , and get on with it, have few cans at night , drown the fookin thing. lol

9 minutes ago, bird said:

spot on Gnash, funny thing mate though , the worst thing for your lower back, is carrying weight, meaning being over weight . it will put pressure on your lower back , same as having  gut, most people today are. the only 2 things i found helps , is swimming  and a big one ( posture ), you deff got hold your self up right , but like been said on this post , once your backd gone norm , it always as a weakness  there , i afraid you just got to bite the bullet , and get on with it, have few cans at night , drown the fookin thing. lol

Still alright to shag then pal? 

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Cheers but that's silly advice, ploughing through will just make it worse. 

I have been ploughing through stupidly and haven't sorted it. 

It's all good and well saying that but if it puts someone out of work then it's a bad do. 

I think you're confusing an aching back which everyone gets with something like I've got, big difference matey. ?

Mate I,m 58 years old I was hospitalised at the age of 21 with a slipped disc, I now have 5 tears in my L5 and a huge growth of arthritis on my C5, am in pain from getting out of bed to getting back in at night, I threw all my pain killers away and learnt to deal with the pain because it was having an affect on my kidneys, I smoke a lot of weed but other than that just crack on, my brother died a couple of years back after spending 30 years in a wheel chair with a snapped c5 and no feeling below his head ,happened in a car accident when he was 21 so I decided a long time ago that any amount of pain is better than no feeling at all and I had no rights to moan as he never did once about the shite hand he was dealt, pain is a frame of mind just make your mind a bit stronger and controll your pain ?

29 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Mate I,m 58 years old I was hospitalised at the age of 21 with a slipped disc, I now have 5 tears in my L5 and a huge growth of arthritis on my C5, am in pain from getting out of bed to getting back in at night, I threw all my pain killers away and learnt to deal with the pain because it was having an affect on my kidneys, I smoke a lot of weed but other than that just crack on, my brother died a couple of years back after spending 30 years in a wheel chair with a snapped c5 and no feeling below his head ,happened in a car accident when he was 21 so I decided a long time ago that any amount of pain is better than no feeling at all and I had no rights to moan as he never did once about the shite hand he was dealt, pain is a frame of mind just make your mind a bit stronger and controll your pain ?

I get that, obviously I've put him with the pain or else I would have done something about it by now. 

Like I said earlier it's no good when it starts interfering with work and putting me off going to the gym. 

It has mainly eased off today but just earlier whilst walking I got the old electric shock. 

I've booked in to see a physio tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some answers, at least that way I can do the proper stretches to try and ease it. 

53 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I get that, obviously I've put him with the pain or else I would have done something about it by now. 

Like I said earlier it's no good when it starts interfering with work and putting me off going to the gym. 

It has mainly eased off today but just earlier whilst walking I got the old electric shock. 

I've booked in to see a physio tomorrow and hopefully I'll get some answers, at least that way I can do the proper stretches to try and ease it. 

It’s a disc touching a nerve mate the hospitals are quite quiet at the moment, go to your gp and get a scan and if needed have a bit shaved off, it’s an in and out keyhole job mate, you can do yourself more harm doing the wrong thing, try a bag of ice followed by a hot water bottle 5 mins each for as long as you can take it won’t do any harm and can sort you pretty quick sometimes, ?

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It’s a disc touching a nerve mate the hospitals are quite quiet at the moment, go to your gp and get a scan and if needed have a bit shaved off, it’s an in and out keyhole job mate, you can do yourself more harm doing the wrong thing, try a bag of ice followed by a hot water bottle 5 mins each for as long as you can take it won’t do any harm and can sort you pretty quick sometimes, ?

I've spoken to the GP and they advised me to ring the physio, at the moment because of covid it's hard to get an appointment. 

Hopefully I find an answer soon. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Stockpot said:

If you've damaged your back, either through injury or wear and tear, then the reality is you'll always suffer from back related problems or pain. A compound fracture and two slipped discs saw me go from a strong, fit 40 year old estate/forestry worker, to someone that walked like an eighty year old bloke who'd shat himself! Chiropractors, exercises, stretching etc all have their place, you just have to find which ones give you the most benefit or results. Also working smarter helps. Learn to lift properly, use a bar to lever, or, heaven forbid....ask for help!! I was recommend this book by a chiropractor, and to be fair, it is worth a read.

937542532_Treatyourownback..jpg.cbd4b9ea083f0ddf18cf898415f21db4.jpg

That shitting yourself takes some getting your head round, f**k your back up and become incontinant, my misses still moans at the state of my cacks after 30 years of dealing with it, thought she would have got used to it by now, ?

• Haha 1
On 20/08/2020 at 11:34, Born Hunter said:

Between sets I'll often do dead hangs and also lie on a bench with my shoulder blades almost hanging off with arms stretched right out almost touching the floor, it opens up all the ribs and seems to 're-set' my shoulder blades stopping the clicking and crunching. They're good things to do no matter what your lifestyle imo.

I used to have sessions on a traction bed some years back, simular thing but one of the best feelings for a while afterwards, was strapped to a bed  that was in three sections, set the timer and weight and over a period of time the bed stretch,s you out, you can also buy a wheel you strap your ankles to and rotate upside down which does a simular thing but gives you a bit of a head rush ✌️

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

Stem Cell treatment is going to replace a lot of surgeries over the coming years for disc degeneration and herniation...things like spinal fusions will be in the past i recently heard of a case where an athlete had stem cell therapy as an alternative to fusion and he ran a marathon 6 months later....how long until it becomes main stream is anyones guess but the technology is there.

• Like 5